Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New to eTopps - how do they work after you order?

Just signed up on eTopps and was looking - how does it operate? With the limited print runs - do they allocate after the "sign-up/purchase" period?

Just curious - thanks!
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

This may be better answered by others since I have only been back with eTopps for a few weeks, but from what I have seen they keep the IPOs and or RROs open for a period of time (looks like Monday through Thursday) and then don't actually notify of what you got until the following week (Monday).
Rich_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

So - if you order 20, do you pay for 20 up front? Regardless of whether you end up with 20, 10 or 1?

Sorry for the questions - just looking to better understand.
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think they might put an authorization on your credit card when you place the order, but you don't actually pay until they are allocated (and you get whatever you are allocated). With most cards, you aren't going to get more than 1 allocated per portfolio, so ordering 10+ is not really worth it unless you think a card isn't going to sell out.
Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

No, you don't get charged until the allocation happens. For instance, last week I ordered 10 Maybins and only got one. My CC was charged $8 the week after I ordered.

And your questions are fine. I'm pretty new to the whole thing as well and still have questions about which players are worth actually purchasing at IPO.
Rich_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

TK, good to see you get involved with etopps. I joined etopps back in March or April and I have had a pretty good time with it. It sounds like most of your questions have been answered already by others here.

They are doing a football game starting in week 10 of the season I believe so most of the 2006 and 2007 cards (since both years are eligible for the game) will be sought after by etopps members playing the game.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Actually it will be for 10 weeks starting week 7. If the pigskin game is anything like the fantasy game for baseball, the 06 key players will hold value and may even climb rather than drop off as previous year cards usually do once a new season starts whether football, baseball or basketball.

What are your thoughts on the Reggie Bush autograph offer? You have to have this card in your portfolio and the only ways to get it are ebay, card target or the etopps tradepost.
countgorgonzola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

haha, all I remembered was week and 10. I think the Buch auto is overpriced, but I don't have one of his etopps cards so that is easy for me to say.