Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
 
blowoutcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,380
Default Topps, PSA stand behind Legendary autographs

Topps, PSA stand behind Legendary autographs
December 28, 2010, 10:47 am


By Chris Olds | Editor

A heavily scrutinized Topps cut autograph card featuring the starting lineup of the 1927 New York Yankees is off the auction block and headed for additional examination.

The 2010 Topps Tribute Legendary Lineup Cuts card features the signatures of Earle Combs, Mark Koenig, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bob Meusel, Tony Lazzeri, Joe Dugan, Pat Collins and Waite Hoyt – all on one booklet.

A redemption for the card was found by a collector in Missouri, who opted to sell the card through Beckett Select Auctions, the consignment division of Beckett Media. The auction briefly ran earlier this month with a starting bid of $20,000. However, Beckett Select ended the auction early as a precaution when it received multiple questions about the authenticity of the Ruth and Gehrig signatures.

Topps Director of Product Development Clay Luraschi said the company stands behind its card and its signatures, which have backing from one top authenticator.

“As we do with every cut sig, we have it authenticated by PSA,” Luraschi said. “In regards to the Ruth and Gehrig cut sigs, these were authenticated by PSA and have the paperwork to back that claim.

“We spoke to them today and they reconfirmed the authentication of these cut signatures and stand behind them 100 percent.”

Despite this information, the card has been sent to another industry leader in authentication, James Spence Authentication, for further examination — to dispute PSA’s claims or add an extra layer of approval, according to Beckett Select’s Dave Sliepka.

“We and the card owner have agreed to send the card to JSA,” Sliepka said, “because of multiple prospective buyer questions about authenticity. “

Topps, PSA stand behind Legendary autographs The Beckett Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 17,251
Default

will be interesting to hear what JSA says!
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Turn around....
Posts: 2,954
Default

Hope JSA says its real... Because if not PSA stuff wont be worth as much as it usually is because the chance it being fake.
WhoStoleMyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoStoleMyBeans View Post
Hope JSA says its real... Because if not PSA stuff wont be worth as much as it usually is because the chance it being fake.
True story, JSA may jump PSA in reputation!
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Turn around....
Posts: 2,954
Default

Watch JSA just say its fake so PSA losing customers and they go to JSA.
WhoStoleMyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoStoleMyBeans View Post
Watch JSA just say its fake so PSA losing customers and they go to JSA.

You mean the same JSA that has a reporter sign different items that JSA certified?
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,740
Default

no the same jsa that use to work for psa - and then left to make his own company to compete with psa
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
oaklandasfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bergen county n.j
Posts: 475
Default

the auto is a fake ,,,
oaklandasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
no the same jsa that use to work for psa - and then left to make his own company to compete with psa
And your point is???

They had a reported sign different items as different players and the JSA authenticated them.

So why should anyone believe JSA over PSA or vice versa?
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
And your point is???

They had a reported sign different items as different players and the JSA authenticated them.

So why should anyone believe JSA over PSA or vice versa?
exactly - it is one person opinion - if its real or not

i want to see what gai has to say
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
exactly - it is one person opinion - if its real or not

i want to see what gai has to say
LMAO! GAI says its real I will answer that for you, they think everything is real!
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

If they say no, this is going to turn into a great pissing contest.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/116406-topps-psa-stand-behind-legendary-autographs.html
Posted By For Type Date
Topps, PSA stand behind Legendary autographs | This thread Refback 06-02-2011 04:11 PM
BowmanBB1992ThrowbackInsertIchiro The Beckett Blog This thread Refback 12-29-2010 07:14 PM
The Card Corner Report- Hobby News and Notes 12/28/2010 | Card Corner Club This thread Refback 12-28-2010 11:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.