Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BDPP Quality control

I feel like a lot of these cards are pretty beat up (autos). On a lot of the color autos that I have, the edges are just terrible. Do you guys have the same problems or am i just unlucky? A lot of my cards also have tiny bubbles on them
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thta's everyone bro. Edge and some weird bubbling have been the norm. I have been quite lucky, but others have not.

Topps You're Fired.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well i hope BGS isn't too harsh on them, since i'm dropping off about 10 colored autos at a show on friday to get graded. Looks like we'll find out on sunday when i get them back
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

asdfasdfasdf

Last edited by topherkris1; 11-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.
topherkris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Considering the gem/pristine rate on Bowman Draft cards is nearly 99.9% thus far, it doesn't look like they are taking off on the edges.
Rookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Monster View Post
Considering the gem/pristine rate on Bowman Draft cards is nearly 99.9% thus far, it doesn't look like they are taking off on the edges.
Alright, well if that's the case, then i might be able to get a couple BGS 10's, since i was so specific about the centering when i was buying which they seem to be the harshest on.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
The he!! if their not. Poor edges can kill your grade in a heartbeat!! I speak from experience.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

You may just be having bad luck with your stuff. I've opened 9 cases for group breaks here, and outside of centering on a few, the autos have all looked great. Edges have been good and corners sharp. Haven't seen any major scratched surfaces like I did with Bowman Chrome.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
You may just be having bad luck with your stuff. I've opened 9 cases for group breaks here, and outside of centering on a few, the autos have all looked great. Edges have been good and corners sharp. Haven't seen any major scratched surfaces like I did with Bowman Chrome.
Yea i haven't had any problems with roller marks as i had with bowman chrome and a bit in regular bowman, but as far as the surface and edges go, i've been looking at them under magnification so i might just be a little too picky. But when i'm looking at them at different angles under the light, the edges look pretty bad (primarily on the blue autos)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
The he!! if their not. Poor edges can kill your grade in a heartbeat!! I speak from experience.
What he's talking about isn't a QC problem. Nearly all of my blue refractors have what appears to be frayed edges (not really sure how to explain it without showing you in person). They won't take off for that, just as they didn't take off for what appeared to be chipped edges on 07 Bowman Chrome Draft cards.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
What he's talking about isn't a QC problem. Nearly all of my blue refractors have what appears to be frayed edges (not really sure how to explain it without showing you in person). They won't take off for that, just as they didn't take off for what appeared to be chipped edges on 07 Bowman Chrome Draft cards.
that's awesome news. would you describe it as little specs of white that go down the whole edge? It's not exactly easy to see them but they're there. If what you say is true, then i think my Chris Sale blue auto has a really good shot as a BGS 10, since the card is flawless besides that
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdf123 View Post
that's awesome news. would you describe it as little specs of white that go down the whole edge? It's not exactly easy to see them but they're there. If what you say is true, then i think my Chris Sale blue auto has a really good shot as a BGS 10, since the card is flawless besides that
I'd describe it as gold flaking on the edges (like the paint on a car) that glimmers in light differently than the rest of the edge. Again, this is JMO of how I think BGS is grading these. I could be way off.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Frayed edges are a direct result of what a "Dull" cutting blade would produce, along with the fact that Chrome cards are also thick in comparison to regular cardboard, this has been an issue specifically with Chrome products, you would think a change or sharpening of cutting blades would improve thiss problem.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

i got a kalish red refractor right out of the pack with a two inch scratch on it
cardinalsooner is offline   Reply With Quote