Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mystery Cuts Speculation

Alright, I'm one of the many who are still waiting for the status on my Mystery Cut redemption to change. Now I have a theory on this, see if you may agree. They released the cards, then the first list of autos to be included. Well then that list was full of cards that were not to be produced, then they come out with a second list that is watered down. Alright those are the facts, now with the speculation: They second list is bogus, only a percentage of those cards will ever be produced. In the time between the release of SP Legendary Cuts and the start of the release of the Mystery Cut autos, Upper Deck comes up with this new redemption plan. Now you may see where I'm going with this. They are hoping those of us that will never get a cut auto, will get impatient and take their alternative redemption plan...This is their BAILOUT PLAN!!! Now I have no facts to support this speculation, and I hope it's not true. But why have a few people received their cuts (probably those who redeemed earlier) and the majority have not. I may be crazy for coming up with this theory....But I feel I'm getting it and wasn't lubed up first. Just my vent for the day...Everyone have a nice weekend!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Hold tight (bad pun). I think UD has the cuts and will get them out, but without 100% knowing UD's redemption system, they could be doing these alphabetically, numerically, maybe when the cards came in first, and lets toss out the X worker has A list, Y worker has B list and so on...Maybe Z worker works the most effecient and he's got D list...then lets toss in thats just the customer service department. Is there is a shipping department...and this is all before they ship it (USPS, FedEx, etc).
Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

With your theory....On ebay right now I see Lantz /3, Thomas /16, Hogan /8, J. LaMotta /18, Harrison /3, Sullivan /2, Spelling /2, Arcaro /136, Chavez /4, (2)Bishop /9, Gomez /1, Fields, /1, V. Lamotta /30, Parks /1, (2)Russell /13, and I believe a few people here on the board have received theirs. Are there any similarities there that we can maybe speculate on what their method might be? I'm just not understanding why they wouldn't make all of the cards then ship them all. Maybe we are just stupid for buying a product with an inclusion of something that has not been produced yet. Maybe all of this ranting will be for nothing and Upper Deck will come through and this is all a production thing that will take time.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Hold tight (bad pun). I think UD has the cuts and will get them out, but without 100% knowing UD's redemption system, they could be doing these alphabetically, numerically, maybe when the cards came in first, and lets toss out the X worker has A list, Y worker has B list and so on...Maybe Z worker works the most effecient and he's got D list...then lets toss in thats just the customer service department. Is there is a shipping department...and this is all before they ship it (USPS, FedEx, etc).
I'm pretty sure they have a checklist, a monkey and some darts... at least that is what I heard.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
I'm pretty sure they have a checklist, a monkey and some darts... at least that is what I heard.
I heard that too. I just don't understand how throwing darts at a monkey will get this sorted out any easier. I guess that's UD for you!
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I do agree with you, I would like to see them all packaged up and shipped out at the same time, but we can all even collation on products, much less get products all on the same day so I doubt we'll ever get redemptions evenly....now given all of that I'd be much happier if they make a redemption they fill it and not fill some and/or give mystery replacements.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

i've hit up a few other boards and am pissed at UD's bait and switch on the list. someone pulled an eddie accaro which was supposed to be out of 10 but instead is now out of 130! i have a bad sinking feeling that the rest of us who haven't received anything yet may be stuck with a high numbered redemption...
jubei777 is online now   Reply With Quote