Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2007 Bowman Draft

I opened a bunch of cases and am still sitting on five I believe. Obviously I'm not impartial, but isn't this a steal at $570? Granted, some of the bigger names didn't have Chrome autos until 08, but isn't it loaded with guys from the first two rounds?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's a great price. I'm surprised it isn't taking off along with David Price.
hardballheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballheroes View Post
It's a great price. I'm surprised it isn't taking off along with David Price.
it's because Price doesn't have an auto in it. box/cases won't skyrocket for base cards that won't push past $25 per.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

if you haven't noticed the whole wax market crashed along with the stock market. great products like 05 & 06 BCDP, & 07 Elite are all dropping. nothing is going to "take off" until the economy recovers.

in fact i'm surprised there isn't more talk going on about the long-term ramifications of what is going on for Topps survival.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

570/case is a steal. Iíve been buying 07 bcdp cases off ebay w/the 30% discount. Add that + 5% ebay bucks + $ back from bigcrumbs, and itís a GREAT buy and unless the case is horrific, itís one of the better risks in terms of making a profit. Not only are the autos strong, but the parallels are quite strong as well. There are a ton of prospects beyond price and like 02 bcdp, 07 bcdp is 1 of the strongest releases out there. The product will take off even more in 09.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmanesq View Post
570/case is a steal. Iíve been buying 07 bcdp cases off ebay w/the 30% discount. Add that + 5% ebay bucks + $ back from bigcrumbs, and itís a GREAT buy and unless the case is horrific, itís one of the better risks in terms of making a profit. Not only are the autos strong, but the parallels are quite strong as well. There are a ton of prospects beyond price and like 02 bcdp, 07 bcdp is 1 of the strongest releases out there. The product will take off even more in 09.
How do you do Big Crumbs and Live cash?
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

I didn't mean to imply that this stuff should be making moves upward given the way things are now; I'm just surprised that even products with serious potential are dropping this much. I can see all the filler-stop-gap-crap releases by UD and Topps dropping like a rock, but I thought something like this would remain a little more stable.

I was looking at some old threads when I was buying a lot of 07 Draft. I wasn't back into cards upon its release but I got the impression people hated it because of the missing autos. Didn't this stuff drop to about where it is now last winter?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Higher ticket items aren't selling right now, its the economy. Wax has been dropping like a rock, but some stuff like 2005 BCDP and 2002 BCDP was overpriced anyway.
ďLife is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.Ē
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote