Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NOW What do you think of 2008 BOWMAN DRAFT????

seriously im feeling pretty bad cause ive got 2 cases on pre-order and i have to keep em'. BUT with all the "modifications" they've made to make us happy you think we should be contempt with this at about 60$ a box?

BTW, for those of you who dont know (which you probably do) they have added #5 pick overall in the 2008 mlb first year player draft Buster Posey to the autograph checklist, they have added some new chrome prospects including Tigers top prospect rick porcello. They also added "NEW" bowman chrome rc autos (1 per case) and the AFLAC autos including names like rick porcello, jason heyward, and josh vitters.

SOOOO, is that good enough for you to take a chance on?
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
seriously im feeling pretty bad cause ive got 2 cases on pre-order and i have to keep em'. BUT with all the "modifications" they've made to make us happy you think we should be contempt with this at about 60$ a box?

BTW, for those of you who dont know (which you probably do) they have added #5 pick overall in the 2008 mlb first year player draft Buster Posey to the autograph checklist, they have added some new chrome prospects including Tigers top prospect rick porcello. They also added "NEW" bowman chrome rc autos (1 per case) and the AFLAC autos including names like rick porcello, jason heyward, and josh vitters.

SOOOO, is that good enough for you to take a chance on?
At $60 per box no. With the Live discount at 25% = $45 box...Yes.

Topps is reducing the auto checklist down to 25 so that likely means a better group of autos and a pull-back in their plan to increase production this year.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjeb1 View Post
At $60 per box no. With the Live discount at 25% = $45 box...Yes.

Topps is reducing the auto checklist down to 25 so that likely means a better group of autos and a pull-back in their plan to increase production this year.

yea but i see (on the checklist obviously) alot of 1st and second round picks along with some top prospects (mat gamel, kala kaaihue, etc.) so my question, is who are they gonna cut?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
yea but i see (on the checklist obviously) alot of 1st and second round picks along with some top prospects (mat gamel, kala kaaihue, etc.) so my question, is who are they gonna cut?
Ka'aihue and Posey are out here playing in the HWB as we speak!.. both of 'em not doing too bad or good currently..
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
Ka'aihue and Posey are out here playing in the HWB as we speak!.. both of 'em not doing too bad or good currently..
thats cool man! i wouldnt mine seeing a 25 auto checklist with the names like posey,beckham,ike davis,mat gamel,kaaihue,chisenhall,wilmer flores,mike stanton,josh reddick,greg halman, and a few others. heck thats 10 right there and i left out a few no brainers that would be considered "nice" autos in the set.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah its not a bad group of would-be rooks if you ask me...

some other notables here in HWB tearing it up:
Andrew Brackman, Austin Romine, Damon Sublett, Jeremy Papelbon, Ryan Kalish, Jason Castro, Todd Frazier (hit a bomb of a HR last nite!), Yonder Alonso, Jeremy Bleich...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah its not a bad group of would-be rooks if you ask me...

some other notables here in HWB tearing it up:
Andrew Brackman, Austin Romine, Damon Sublett, Jeremy Papelbon, Ryan Kalish, Jason Castro, Todd Frazier (hit a bomb of a HR last nite!), Yonder Alonso, Jeremy Bleich...

ahhhh hows papelbon doing!?!?!?! im sitting on his bowman chrome orange ref auto /25
Old 10-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
ahhhh hows papelbon doing!?!?!?! im sitting on his bowman chrome orange ref auto /25
Papelbon just notched his 3rd save last night in a game that otherwise would have been a blowout..some shady beach boys pitching let the sharks close in but the final was 12-9! Papelbon will be pretty good, we're lucky to have gotten to see so much talent here this season!

A lot of these guys should be in that group of autos IMO. Some of them may be good and soon!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Papelbon just notched his 3rd save last night in a game that otherwise would have been a blowout..some shady beach boys pitching let the sharks close in but the final was 12-9! Papelbon will be pretty good, we're lucky to have gotten to see so much talent here this season!

A lot of these guys should be in that group of autos IMO. Some of them may be good and soon!

but, if they do cut some production and limit the checklist to 25 (obviovusly keeping the good ones) you will see the "nuts" out there buying 30+ cases of this stuff, lol. i just dont see how you could have that many boxes in front of you, kinda odd. im just 17 and the most boxes ive busted at one time was 18 ;]
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

I hardly buy cases so thats not a problem for me...though i do see the point. Its nice to have a good crop of rooks though it helps the fun factor...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

would you guys say that last years draft was the last really good one ? considering that now that other company has picked up the top picks.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
would you guys say that last years draft was the last really good one ? considering that now that other company has picked up the top picks.

well it depends, because razor is having 10 autographs per box, that leaves plenty of room for topps to step in. mass producing prospect autos isnt the way to drum up your product, imo. thats why i will never buy one pack of razor.
p.s. if bowman dp&p cuts its productions to 25 autos it will BLOW away razor guaranteed.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

It seems most here are all about flipping the products as soon as it comes out instead of actually 'collecting' anything... I think this is what spurs new stuff like what Razor has coming out to come out and flood the market. This is the primary reason stuff becomes less appealing over time-too played out!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
It seems most here are all about flipping the products as soon as it comes out instead of actually 'collecting' anything... I think this is what spurs new stuff like what Razor has coming out to come out and flood the market. This is the primary reason stuff becomes less appealing over time-too played out!

agreed. cant beat the chrome technology either. those razor autos are gonna be soooo sensitive.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
agreed. cant beat the chrome technology either. those razor autos are gonna be soooo sensitive.
So with that known, will you still buy? That many autos per box will get you how much on the secondary market?? ..and if it has damage-what then??
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

While I don't know who Topps is cutting from their Chrome Auto checklist, I've been assured by someone in the know that they plan to leave the better guys in it.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
While I don't know who Topps is cutting from their Chrome Auto checklist, I've been assured by someone in the know that they plan to leave the better guys in it.
well isnt that obvious? would topps cut some of the better autos to meet customer demand? NO. might as well leave the 45 player auto checklist in there.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
So with that known, will you still buy? That many autos per box will get you how much on the secondary market?? ..and if it has damage-what then??

wont buy razor. what topps wants is for everybody to see the limited supply of their chrome autos of the bigger guys on ebay, then see 100 of the bigger guys from razor on ebay. ike davis' chrome ref auto should prolly sell around 50$ starting out, but the razor version will prolly only sell around 30$ to start out then go down to around 20$ once theres so many of them out there.

simply supply and demand.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
wont buy razor. what topps wants is for everybody to see the limited supply of their chrome autos of the bigger guys on ebay, then see 100 of the bigger guys from razor on ebay. ike davis' chrome ref auto should prolly sell around 50$ starting out, but the razor version will prolly only sell around 30$ to start out then go down to around 20$ once theres so many of them out there.

simply supply and demand.
Do you really think "probably" is spelled that way?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Do you really think "probably" is spelled that way?

i know how its spelt do you have a problem with it?

if so ill fix it......................if i have too..................................................if i must....................................
Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
well isnt that obvious? would topps cut some of the better autos to meet customer demand? NO. might as well leave the 45 player auto checklist in there.

actually it isn't obvious........ in the last 10 years, Topps has been known to make some idiotic moves with their product. and when busting any decent amount of product, any inside info is good info.

and BTW.......... when it comes to BDCP, Jaypers is one of the few members to listen too.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
actually it isn't obvious........ in the last 10 years, Topps has been known to make some idiotic moves with their product. and when busting any decent amount of product, any inside info is good info.

and BTW.......... when it comes to BDCP, Jaypers is one of the few members to listen too.

good deal. thanks.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

i cant find cases of it on the live cashback search for the life of me. can anyone help me out with a link?
benjmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmusic View Post
i cant find cases of it on the live cashback search for the life of me. can anyone help me out with a link?
you don't have to live-search for the specific item you're buying. once you see and click on the "live search cashback" link and it takes you to ebay, you can run other searches to find the specific item you want - as long as you stay in and buy-it-now in the same browser window. for example just live-search for "bowman draft", then you can narrow it down once you're linked to ebay.

Last edited by phil; 11-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

chris just bumped up draft to 675.00. what the?
festus is offline   Reply With Quote