Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,365
Default Shipping 300+ Card Sets

Good Evening,

I am new to shipping complete sets and was wondering if simply shipping them in the white cardboard storage boxes is kosher.

For example I have a few 330 card sets I plan on putting in 330 count boxes and taping the box up and shipping it.

Also, how much does a 330 card set weigh?

Thanks for any and all information and advice!
__________________
Paying shipping for 2005 & newer base cards. PM me for details.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Good Evening,

I am new to shipping complete sets and was wondering if simply shipping them in the white cardboard storage boxes is kosher.

For example I have a few 330 card sets I plan on putting in 330 count boxes and taping the box up and shipping it.

Also, how much does a 330 card set weigh?

Thanks for any and all information and advice!
330 cards shipped straight in a 330 ct box are going to sustain damage an unacceptable percentage of the time, so not kosher IMO.

alternatively
1. use a 400 ct box so you have some padding space to work with.
2. pad the ends and edges around the cards as best as possible using junk cards, blanks, folded paper towels etc.
3. 330 cards weighs almost if not over 2 lbs so normally would be around $10 to ship, but a 400 ct box fits nicely in a USPS flat rate envelope with the top folded over, which ships (paypal) for $4.75 with free DC and adds a little extra protection.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,276
Default

Wouldn't the small flat rate boxes work as well. I'd trust those more than the envelope & around same price, either way little less than $5.00!!
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 450
Default

400ct box, packing peanuts at the ends, wrap that in bubble wrap with attention to the corners, put it in the flat rate USPS bubble envelope.
Sports Fan Ston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Wouldn't the small flat rate boxes work as well.

no. way too thin
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Fan Ston View Post
400ct box, packing peanuts at the ends, wrap that in bubble wrap with attention to the corners, put it in the flat rate USPS bubble envelope.
Ding ding ding! Thread can end now.
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 17,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Fan Ston View Post
400ct box, packing peanuts at the ends, wrap that in bubble wrap with attention to the corners, put it in the flat rate USPS bubble envelope.
Yes - this is correct.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
bboi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killa Kali
Posts: 5,578
Default

You want good dsr's if your shipping through ebay do it this way. Collectors appreciate it also and will keep buying from you.

1. Penny Sleeve every card. It costs little and will get you extra customers.
2. Stick in a 330 to 400 count box.
3. Pad the sides with dummy cards or old junk cards that you would otherwise throw away. If you dont have any get some. They are dirt cheap and you can usually get buckets full for next to nothing. If you dont have that use more penny sleeves. They are softer and not coarse like napkins which can actually scratch cards.
4. stick straight in a flat rate bubble mailer (no need for bubble around the box as the bubble mailer does that for you already. Just put some packing peanuts inside both ends of the bubble mailer then seal. It will fold funny but it will seal trust me.
5. Ship it for 4.75 with dc and watch the smiles roll in.

Hope this helps and good luck.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLOWOUT RESIDENT SUPER COLLECTOR OF FRANK THOMAS BASE & UP.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,365
Default

Would 330 penny sleeved cards fit in a 400 count box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
You want good dsr's if your shipping through ebay do it this way. Collectors appreciate it also and will keep buying from you.

1. Penny Sleeve every card. It costs little and will get you extra customers.
2. Stick in a 330 to 400 count box.
3. Pad the sides with dummy cards or old junk cards that you would otherwise throw away. If you dont have any get some. They are dirt cheap and you can usually get buckets full for next to nothing. If you dont have that use more penny sleeves. They are softer and not coarse like napkins which can actually scratch cards.
4. stick straight in a flat rate bubble mailer (no need for bubble around the box as the bubble mailer does that for you already. Just put some packing peanuts inside both ends of the bubble mailer then seal. It will fold funny but it will seal trust me.
5. Ship it for 4.75 with dc and watch the smiles roll in.

Hope this helps and good luck.
__________________
Paying shipping for 2005 & newer base cards. PM me for details.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Laxbam619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,693
Default

Where do you guys get these flat rate $4.95 USPS bubble mailers? I went to my post office yesterday to mail out a bunch of 206 base and the lady told me they don't have them and the only way I could get them is if I ordered them online to my house. Is this true?
__________________
- RYAN
Bucket: http://sports.webshots.com/album/578914478jSzeie?start=12
LOOKING FOR:
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
7290morint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
Where do you guys get these flat rate $4.95 USPS bubble mailers? I went to my post office yesterday to mail out a bunch of 206 base and the lady told me they don't have them and the only way I could get them is if I ordered them online to my house. Is this true?
Yes. As far as I know the post office itself only carries like 4 sizes of flat rate boxes. You can go online to USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) and "order" them. I say "order" because you don't actually have to pay anything for the supplies they are free and shipped free. You just have to create the account.
__________________
Looking for 2011 Topps Tribute Black Refractors #'d/10: 69/100 so far
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
Where do you guys get these flat rate $4.95 USPS bubble mailers? I went to my post office yesterday to mail out a bunch of 206 base and the lady told me they don't have them and the only way I could get them is if I ordered them online to my house. Is this true?
Here you go
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
1. Penny Sleeve every card. It costs little and will get you extra customers.

i actually hate it when sellers do that
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 450
Default

I don't penny sleeve every card but I do put them in groups of 30 into team bags, the extra size provided by the bags seems to keep the cards totally stable in the box with packing peanuts in the ends.
Sports Fan Ston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,548
Default

how about for more cards like 600?
Large flat rate box?
Sushiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
how about for more cards like 600?
Large flat rate box?
2 400 ct. boxes in a flat rate envelope.
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,365
Default

Is it okay to alter the flat rate envelopes so much? It seems the USPS would get pissed that I am using the envelopes and not the boxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
2 400 ct. boxes in a flat rate envelope.
__________________
Paying shipping for 2005 & newer base cards. PM me for details.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Is it okay to alter the flat rate envelopes so much? It seems the USPS would get pissed that I am using the envelopes and not the boxes...
It's all good in the hood. If it fits, it ships. I'm sure there's a weight limit, but baseball cards aren't going to reach it.
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,365
Default

LMAO...good point! I should pay more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
It's all good in the hood. If it fits, it ships. I'm sure there's a weight limit, but baseball cards aren;t going to reach it.
__________________
Paying shipping for 2005 & newer base cards. PM me for details.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,548
Default

I am selling the Bowman 330 set. Unfortunately I dont have any of the flat rate bubble mailer. Can I bubble wrap the box and use the envelope without the bubbles?

Also selling the Prospect set. I can put them in team bags and use the small flat rate box right?
Sushiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.