Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Donruss Threads.... Fun Break?

Looking to buy a couple boxes this weekend, was looking at Threads. Not trying to make a profit, just looking for a fun break. Any suggestions on new boxes? any experience with Threads, BDPP, TOPPS Update...etc?
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, Donruss is always a good-fun break for the money. I have done a few boxes of it (threads) already and its real fun! Not to mention you get some nice looking cards for a good value in your collection. i don't really recommend too many others this year.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
Yes, Donruss is always a good-fun break for the money. I have done a few boxes of it (threads) already and its real fun! Not to mention you get some nice looking cards for a good value in your collection. i don't really recommend too many others this year.
thanks for the info. i guess i'll get two boxes.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

However, it also depends on who you collect? That would determine which product would be most fun to you.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
However, it also depends on who you collect? That would determine which product would be most fun to you.
well i really only collect Ripken, Longoria and Dodger players. I'm looking forward to all the great players mixed in like Rose, Shoeless Joe and such...I know i probably won't get any of those but will be exciting until i finish the last pack.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
well i really only collect Ripken, Longoria and Dodger players. I'm looking forward to all the great players mixed in like Rose, Shoeless Joe and such...I know i probably won't get any of those but will be exciting until i finish the last pack.
Yeah, Ripken is def in there but not Longoria I think... if you like the older HOFs....it would be enough reason alone because this set has lots of that! You will get Rose and Jackson commons guranteed if you get a couple boxes. Possibly even parallels or inserts..
Old 12-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well thanks again.... I guess everyone on the East coast is asleep so i'm just going to make my purchase.
If I'm not happy with the boxes....I'll curse your name! lol
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I will agree that Threads is a great break. It was real hot when it came out. I made nearly $200 profit from 2 1/2 boxes. There is probably going to be 1 or 2 extra hits in the box from what the odds say. I got a few very nice patches in my boxes, plus a couple Lettermen cards, and a bunch of autos. Easily my favorite product so far this year for baseball.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
I will agree that Threads is a great break. It was real hot when it came out. I made nearly $200 profit from 2 1/2 boxes. There is probably going to be 1 or 2 extra hits in the box from what the odds say. I got a few very nice patches in my boxes, plus a couple Lettermen cards, and a bunch of autos. Easily my favorite product so far this year for baseball.
I hope my experience with 2 boxes is as good as yours. From your experience, how many boxes do you think it would take to make the base set?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I was 2 cards short of a base set with 1 box. Finished it up with a few packs from an open box at my LCS. Didn't try to do a second set with the other box, so I don't know how far away from it I am.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have broke about 6-8 of these threads boxes so far. Out of those I have two lettermens and a whole bunch of other stuff... the only thing that I wasnt happy about is the fact that a lot of the autos are damaged with the base of some peeling off right when you pull them out the pack! Other than that-like I said, still the best product for the money by far this year.