Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
hopefully somewhere out there the actual auto card is sitting in pack in one of my cases at a ups facility or maybe even a killer refractor
Ah yes, the fantasies of card collectors
dgamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
nah im all set. i feel better about getting it directly from topps then some one on ebay. this is when my ocd comes into play. i know you guys probably wont understand this. but im guaranteed one. and im happy with that
You're making a biggg mistake ($-wise), but whatever makes you happy.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
You're making a biggg mistake ($-wise), but whatever makes you happy.
How do you know?

The first AFLAC Harper autos sold in the $600 range for weeks and doubled in the month following. If 2010 BDP taught us anything its that the first group of autos to sell are not necessarily the peak.
frzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
I understand the sentimental value in wanting to keep this one since infact you pulled it, but the heck with that the money is way too good right now. The redemption up on ebay right now is at $700 with 2 days left, so I would assume it's going to go for over $1,000. Sell your redemption now for around that price, and pickup the live card when hobby gets released for probably less than 1/4 of that.
Or better yet, since it's a redemption, it's not like it matters. It's just a card with a code on it. When Topps picks it out of their stack, you might get the off center one. You NEVER know. Sell this redemption now, pick up another redemption later for half the price.

frgz - I think the AFLAC is a different story. numbered /230, cards were pulled during the off season, not a lot of autos on the market. Although this is not an easy pull, once Bowman actually hits the retail shelves in abundance, I think more Harpers will be pulled. Add this to the rest of the Harper Autos in Hobby/Jumbo that will be on card(?), and the prices for the Retail Harper Redemption should slide down considerably. I see it sitting in the $200-$300 range in a few weeks (RAW).

If I pulled a Harper this early, I'd sell it now and use that money to buy another redemption next week. If I could make close to $1000 now, even if the auto sits at $500 after 2 weeks, I've already made $500 PLUS, I'll get the Harper Auto BACK! Win Win situation.

There's nothing sentimental about this buddy...it's just a redemption. Means nothing until you have the card in hand. Just saying.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #230 (permalink)
Boo

Guys, some people can't be helped. Just walk away.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
You're also the same person who believes they cranked the presses for 2011 Bowman in comparison to 2010, the most overproduced years of the decade. Judging by your comments thus far, you're the last person I'd try and get help from on the subject.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #232 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Wrightfan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacknasty View Post
It's my auction. The scanner has a white background, no photo shop! I got a box of Jumbo retail. I listed some of the different cards. One jumbo box had one Harper chrome, no base. The auto was some Giants prospect. I got 5 purple refractors, one orange #d to 25. 9 of the base green #d to 450. A few of each insert. One base orange #d 250 and 3 base blue #d 500. When I saw I had the first on eBay, I listed some crazy BIN but left the starting price at .99 for each. Loving the hype of HARPER MANIA!
Sorry, meant to clarify. The picture on the card looks like he was photshopped by Topps. Wasn't accusing you
Wrightfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightfan85 View Post
Sorry, meant to clarify. The picture on the card looks like he was photshopped by Topps. Wasn't accusing you
Definately photochopped.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #234 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
nah im all set. i feel better about getting it directly from topps then some one on ebay. this is when my ocd comes into play. i know you guys probably wont understand this. but im guaranteed one. and im happy with that
The thing is with Topps you AREN'T guaranteed one..
Current Open Group Breaks: None
Pejarox7620 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #235 (permalink)

I just bought another hobby case @ $69/box.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #236 (permalink)

And with someone getting hobby early, you can watch the prices of the Harper retail auto start to plummet. I feel bad for the guy with the 1st redemption up. He should have done a 1 day auction. I think he would have hit $1000. Now I doubt it. On card auto with a higher chance of pulling it means bad news for retail auto.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #237 (permalink)

yeah im aware topps may send me a off center one ....... im taking my chances.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
The thing is with Topps you AREN'T guaranteed one..
already mailed it in. im sure they will honor it
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post

i never asked for help. i understand what you guys are saying but im not hurting for money. i want this card , and that's it .
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #240 (permalink)

people are already starting to unload all their harpers on fleabay. in less than 48 hours the chome looks like it can be had now for $25 or less and the base for around 12-15 (not going to toss out any names on these boards who is doing it also) might be stock up time. not sure how this will affect the autos and redemptions being pulled. is this a faster crash than 2010 Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome??? Hobby has barely been opened and already everything is getting discounted just from retail breaks.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
people are already starting to unload all their harpers on fleabay. in less than 48 hours the chome looks like it can be had now for $25 or less and the base for around 12-15 (not going to toss out any names on these boards who is doing it also) might be stock up time. not sure how this will affect the autos and redemptions being pulled. is this a faster crash than 2010 Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome??? Hobby has barely been opened and already everything is getting discounted just from retail breaks.
There is no crash. Harper chromes were never meant to be more than a $20-$25 card in the first place. The early numbers are usually high with every single product that comes out. I won't be worried until chromes dip below $10.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #242 (permalink)

When my case comes tomorrow should I sell the Harper singles or put together a set? Would his single sell for more than the set? Or are there going to be people selling sets w/o Harper? I need to know what to do. Thanks guys
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #243 (permalink)

Sup

Old 05-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #244 (permalink)

very nice
Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
When my case comes tomorrow should I sell the Harper singles or put together a set? Would his single sell for more than the set? Or are there going to be people selling sets w/o Harper? I need to know what to do. Thanks guys
I'm in the same boat. I pre-sold donzens of sets about a week ago, before the product went crazy. I probably would have done better having sold the Harpers as singles, and do lots of the other good players. I should still have some leftover Harper's though, and I'll sell those as singles or in a lot. A couple of big case breakers I talk to always tell me: selling in sets is NEVER the way to go. But then you'd have to sit and wait for players to get hot and then sell off the bulk in lots. That takes a lot of time. I'm not good at that because I don't know baseball too well.

Why not try both selling some sets and some singles? Or if you are really good at baseball and keeping track of hot players, then maybe selling in lots is the only way to go.

Whatever you do, good luck, may you hit a superfractor of a major player and then you are in the green for sure.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #246 (permalink)

I refuse to create another freaking Bowman thread so I am just going to ask my question here. I am hearing the Retail Harper is a sticker and the Hobby is on card. Are they both going to be different "book" value wise? Or will they still be considered the same card?
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I refuse to create another freaking Bowman thread so I am just going to ask my question here. I am hearing the Retail Harper is a sticker and the Hobby is on card.
Where are you hearing that? I've seen a couple of posters here state that but when I've asked where they're getting that from, I haven't received a response.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #248 (permalink)

would have been cool if the auto was a complelty different image
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Where are you hearing that? I've seen a couple of posters here state that but when I've asked where they're getting that from, I haven't received a response.
I am hearing it also from posters on here.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote