Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #101 (permalink)

I doubt that would be the case.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Yes, again I agree, but from the 1%, word of mouth is exponetial. It would be very possible for the hype to start here, and on other forums, and spread by word of mouth exponentially to a much larger percentage of the collecting world. Just you mentioning Blowout at your local hobby shop could have influenced several people to "check it out".
not enough to drive more people to this site than don't come to this site.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #103 (permalink)

lol.....told you
brockw82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacknasty View Post
Checked on the card. This sucks. Folks stole the pic (I reported) Tons of 0 feedback bids popping up I'm having to cancel. If you look, I'm the only one that posted other cards. Anyone have any advice about what I should do? I don't want to go to bed and wake up with a $1000 bid that no one will ever pay.
watch you auction like a hawk and cancel any bids from people with less than 50 feedback.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #105 (permalink)

We's all gonna get RICHES! sellings all our Valuables SPortes Cardz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
We's all gonna get RICHES! sellings all our Valuables SPortes Cardz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brockw82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
not enough to drive more people to this site than don't come to this site.
No, your right, the point I'm trying to make is that even if they never come to this site, their buddies that do, tell them that "2011 BOWMAN WILL BLOW UP, BUY IT NOW" and have a bigger influence on the popularity of the product than most realize. I would never say that the hype starts here or that the Blowout forums are solely responsible for the price to skyrocket. But I think online forums have way more influence than 1%, more like 50% in my opinion. LOL, we should get a gallup poll going!!! Then we'll know the true nature of the beast!
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #108 (permalink)

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter for those wanting more proof. Goodnight guys and thanks for the info, advice and all. Don't post here much / ever and everyone was great!
Slacknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter for those wanting more proof. Goodnight guys and thanks for the info, advice and all. Don't post here much / ever and everyone was great!
Nice pic thanks for sharing!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
I only asked for a photo of the box it came out of as I'm not familiar with what you're calling a "Jumbo Retail" box?? I can only assume you mean a Gravity Feeder box?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #111 (permalink)

So there are Bryce Harper autos in retail this year? There weren't Strasburg autos last year were there?

Otherwise, the odds look kind of crummy, especially considering that those are rack packs.
MadHandle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I only asked for a photo of the box it came out of as I'm not familiar with what you're calling a "Jumbo Retail" box?? I can only assume you mean a Gravity Feeder box?
It's these (rack packs):

Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #113 (permalink)

slacknasty - this is my last time trying to help you, even with the twitpic you posted the card appears to be auto'd IMHO even though I know its just a base card. You keep posting here about being worried of the buyer not paying and even added more info into the listing. Why not put in that it is nothing more than a base card and is NON-AUTO. I'm not accusing you of scamming/deceiving anyone, just simply trying to give you advice to avoid a non paying bidder/return
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #114 (permalink)

Do you think I missed the window for ordering a hobby box and not getting raped?
NonFlammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
slacknasty - this is my last time trying to help you, even with the twitpic you posted the card appears to be auto'd IMHO even though I know its just a base card.
Well then eBay needs to remove the thousands of other Bowman cards that have facsimilie autos on them too I guess.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #116 (permalink)

Holy cow, ebay is already flooded with base cards. Tons of 20 card lots popping up already. Most look like presales, but still...........
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #117 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing, I can't believe I read this entire thread.

The hype has just started, maybe I should sell my case? I will open it, but it is tempting.
Rufusyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusyo View Post
Thanks for sharing, I can't believe I read this entire thread.

The hype has just started, maybe I should sell my case? I will open it, but it is tempting.
sell !!!!!!!! i'm going to make a $1000 profit on just two cases.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #119 (permalink)
Axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Obviously it will never happen (and I don't want it to), but I wonder what the numbers would be like if EVERY base card was numbered.

its been done by collectors edge, they made several sets all base serial numbered, actually was a nice idea, though for some reason it didnt last.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
sell !!!!!!!! i'm going to make a $1000 profit on just two cases.
If I had more than one case I would sell some so I could open one for free! I only have one lowly jumbo case though. I am sure I paid more than you did for yours too, I am in at $860. The funny thing is most people said that was to high for a case, and that it was going to come down in price upon release. I don't think that is going to happen at this point. I don't see jumbos ever going below $900.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusyo View Post
If I had more than one case I would sell some so I could open one for free! I only have one lowly jumbo case though. I am sure I paid more than you did for yours too, I am in at $860. The funny thing is most people said that was to high for a case, and that it was going to come down in price upon release. I don't think that is going to happen at this point. I don't see jumbos ever going below $900.
it's hard to pass up $400 without doing a thing...... sell your jumbo and don't try to deal with the competion of selling singles... and all the undercutting BIN's.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #122 (permalink)

I havent seen what Jumbos are going for. I will have to take a look at it.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #123 (permalink)

gosteelers - congrats on the profit margain, thats sick man...i'm kicking myself for not buying in early and flipping them.

zacky1053 - im not saying that ebay should remove all facsimile autos, and I don't understand why your being so thick headed, I'm simply trying to help out slacknasty.... I guess you don't sell on ebay and understand how many morons are out there, odd's are someone is looking at the listing and thinking it is an auto because the auction doesn't state it's not an auto and just a base card, for the 3rd time now I'm not trying to be the police just trying to help out the seller. It would suck to see this thing go for $200, which it might at this point, because the buyer assumed it was an auto b/c of the pictures and that the listing didn't state otherwise and he ends up not paying or returning the card once he gets it. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to for you to grasp
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post

zacky1053 - im not saying that ebay should remove all facsimile autos, and I don't understand why your being so thick headed, I'm simply trying to help out slacknasty.... I guess you don't sell on ebay and understand how many morons are out there, odd's are someone is looking at the listing and thinking it is an auto because the auction doesn't state it's not an auto and just a base card, for the 3rd time now I'm not trying to be the police just trying to help out the seller. It would suck to see this thing go for $200, which it might at this point, because the buyer assumed it was an auto b/c of the pictures and that the listing didn't state otherwise and he ends up not paying or returning the card once he gets it. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to for you to grasp
why this is good advice is because there will be thousands of "casual" collectors and fans that aren't "Bowman friendly" and probably will be confused about the facsimilie auto.........
Old 05-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #125 (permalink)

Pretty sure some bidders already assumed this is an auto base on the scan. It's not like 10 BDPP where you can tell it's a fascimile auto. This one looks like real auto.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote