Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #126 (permalink)

THANK YOU SUSHIYOSHI!!!!!!! finally someone comes along with their head on straight...you guys need to realize that retail has only been live for less than 24 hours and now one knows what the real auto's look like, you can't assume the bidders are normal educated buyers who know that the base cards have the facsimilie auto's on them, especially with a harper card that everyone is trying to get their hands on.....odds are some of the bidders are thinking this card is auto'd as it is up to $114 as I type this and is only going to create a problem for the seller after the auction is ended. This is now the 4th time I'm saying this and I don't understand why a select few of you can't comprehend this, I am not trying to be the police or correct his listing, just trying to help him avoid a problem after the auction ends by telling him to state that this card is a non-auto base...think about it this way, how would you feel if you sold this card for $200 or so only to not get paid or have it returned because the buyer thought it was an auto, and your auction didn't state otherwise...it sucks but it happens a heck of alot more than you would think with all the morons on ebay
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #127 (permalink)

While someone may feel buyers remorse for bidding on something that they THOUGHT it was, the seller is under no obligation to describe the card other than he has. If you THINK you are bidding on an autographed card when absolutely nothing in the title nor the description states it as being such, you deserve to pay an idiot tax.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
While someone may feel buyers remorse for bidding on something that they THOUGHT it was, the seller is under no obligation to describe the card other than he has. If you THINK you are bidding on an autographed card when absolutely nothing in the title nor the description states it as being such, you deserve to pay an idiot tax.
but that doesn't stop the buyer from giving the seller a major headache......... the seller of the Harper should use caution and make sure everyone knows that it's only a base chrome....... not an autograph.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #129 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Pretty sure some bidders already assumed this is an auto base on the scan. It's not like 10 BDPP where you can tell it's a fascimile auto. This one looks like real auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Buyer may well be an idiot but he/she has all the rights and seller has none.

I can see this ending badly with a negative for seller and having to refund the buyer.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #130 (permalink)

I HAVE to believe that people bidding $100 believe this is an on card auto right? No one in their right mind would bid over a few bucks for a base chrome card!
fishacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
it sucks but it happens a heck of alot more than you would think with all the morons on ebay
Well then I've underestimated eBay then.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #132 (permalink)

Harper the best prospect ever?

Buy Buy Buy!!!!
jimihat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #133 (permalink)

I have to side with the people saying it's the buyers fault. The only time it would be the sellers fault is if he put the wrong information in his listing. He makes no mention of an auto, so why should you believe it is? There are tons of listings on ebay that have little description. As the buyer, you need to know what you are purchasing. It's like people who sell USED lots of Diamond Giveaway Cards. If the listing says "used" and you don't read it but bid on it anyway, why is it the seller's fault? Even if the seller left out the word "used", it's the buyers responsibility to ask before bidding. Another example was when the Playstation 3 came out. I remember seeing a story about a listing where it say "Playstation - 3 Consoles" Someone was selling 3 of the original playstation, but tricked people in thinking it was the Playstation 3. Sure, that's underhanded, but the seller did not misrepresent the item he was selling. It's the Buyers fault for not inquiring. I also agree with those that say the Seller will have trouble if the buyer thought it was an autograph, but I have a feeling ebay is going to side with the seller on this one.

$100+ is crazy for a chrome card, but I can't stress this enough, the card market is nothing like it was last year before Strasburg. As far fetched as it might seem, there are tons of non-hobbyist that want a piece of the action and are willing to pay to get it. Sure, they will be disappointed when they find out how common this card really is, but maybe not. Some of you that have been collecting for a long time have blinders on when looking at what's going on in the market today. And let's not forget...it is Bryce Harper. This card hit ebay 1 day after his Grand Slam and 15 game hitting streak. He's on fire right now. Not $100 Chrome card fire, but to some people, that's all they need to know.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

No described as an autograph. And it is a "Chrome" which are not autographed.

Buyers responsibility!
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
No described as an autograph. And it is a "Chrome" which are not autographed.

Buyers responsibility!
And buyer will get his money back 100% of the time when remorse sets in because these can be had for $20-$30.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishacura View Post
I HAVE to believe that people bidding $100 believe this is an on card auto right? No one in their right mind would bid over a few bucks for a base chrome card!
his chromes should bring in well north of $30-40, with the reg base cards prob worht 5-10 as is

but yeah not over $100

even stras last year went about $60 tops
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #137 (permalink)

i'm thinking these initial outrageous prices of 100+ on harper chrome will be a good thing. absolutely these will go down but MAYBE not as far down as they would if they were initially selling out of the gate for lets say 50-60. people will remember the 100+ price these fetched so maybe the demand will settle at a higher price level??
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #138 (permalink)

I demand to see Bryce Harpers Long Form Birth Certificate!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #139 (permalink)

Chrome $30-$40? Is it THAT rare a pull?
fishacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #140 (permalink)

Not rare at all--just LOTS of hype and demand!
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, the card looks like an auto if you don't know what you are looking at. This could be very problematic without putting non auto chrome in the description. If it was described this way I feel the card would be between $50-$60 being the first to hit ebay. However I have been known to be wrong and very well could be here.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #142 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Are you suggesting that he's...CANADIAN???
Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #143 (permalink)

it's similar to the sellers posting pics of a Harper Auto... when they are selling a sealed box... like if you buy this you will get this auto card... or the description... "2011 Bowman Retail box... Harper Auto?"

buyer beware is what it comes down to. but i cant wait till my case gets here!!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #144 (permalink)

Wow, this is crazy.

I decided to group break a Hobby Box I have incoming instead of busting it (need some money) and the National lot is already with multiple bid with more than 5 days to go.

And we're talking 1 Hobby box, that's it.

Catch the wave people.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Obama is holding it
Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #146 (permalink)

No matter what happens with my case(hobby)--this sure is fun! With the rest of the product (beyond Harper) not seeming like it is as strong as last year, I don't think the excitement will reach that level, but releases like this are what make this hobby enjoyable.....anybody got an over/under on how many case breaks we will see here over the next 2-3 weeks?
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Chrome $30-$40? Is it THAT rare a pull?
Were you around last year? The Harper and Strasburg chromes from last year's Bowman sold just as well and those were not rare either. That's gonna be the going rate for awhile now, at least until we figure out exactly how many were produced.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander23 View Post
No matter what happens with my case(hobby)--this sure is fun! With the rest of the product (beyond Harper) not seeming like it is as strong as last year, I don't think the excitement will reach that level, but releases like this are what make this hobby enjoyable.....anybody got an over/under on how many case breaks we will see here over the next 2-3 weeks?
on the board?

At least 15-20 cases.

I have two coming for a group break, there's another one for 4, another one for Jumbo, plus all the case breakers.

We're gonna see a lot of Bowman
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #149 (permalink)

I sold Strasburg base non chrome white border bowman cards for $25 via auction last year, along with his chromes in the neighborhood of $55. That was just from when he got called up and there were plenty of other ones on ebay.

With all of the hype around Harper, I don't see what is so hard to believe. If he continues to do what he is doing now, this stuff is going to go NUTS!
Rufusyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #150 (permalink)

The thing with Harper, he is not coming into the Bigs this year.

Wonder what the craze will look like in July.