Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I had a pack search me once in a Walmart, Aisle 13 to be exact, near the kitty litter It was a little embarrassing at first, but once I learned to just "let go" and not be ashamed of my body, everything turned out great. We still stay in touch.
That is just most heartwarming story I've read in years. It would make a great t.v. movie for one of those channels for gals, like Lifetime.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

they can't packsearch rackpacks for Harper redemptions can they? that would suck.
dmogull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
they can't packsearch rackpacks for Harper redemptions can they? that would suck.
I guess they can. The guy told me he pulled a Harper auto redemption and it just sold tonight for about $575.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

dmogull- they can using the fanning technique...you can push up each card one by one using your fingernail and you'd see the blue redemption card which means its either machado or harper...
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr1105 View Post
I've always wanted to see a packsearcher in person myself
More than seeing a packsearcher, I just want to see some of you guys lurking behind them with your cell phones snapping pics and videos! That is what is making it awkward, and weird I must say. Stick to an honest LCS or BO and get hobby version or retail version.
warmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post

Yep, my buddies pack search and recently have been hitting bowman. They've been pulling autos, redemptions, and Harper chromes from the racks. The most amazing thing I've seen searched are WOW blister packs for the loot cards. Sometimes I just feel like hanging out in target/walmart parking lots and stealing the searchers daily loot.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Yep, my buddies pack search and recently have been hitting bowman. They've been pulling autos, redemptions, and Harper chromes from the racks. The most amazing thing I've seen searched are WOW blister packs for the loot cards. Sometimes I just feel like hanging out in target/walmart parking lots and stealing the searchers daily loot.
wow....arent you cool!!
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #33 (permalink)

I didn't say I did, I was just saying what can be found so people stick to blasters and leave the cherry picked racks alone.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
More than seeing a packsearcher, I just want to see some of you guys lurking behind them with your cell phones snapping pics and videos! That is what is making it awkward, and weird I must say. Stick to an honest LCS or BO and get hobby version or retail version.
I'm gonna take a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a packsearcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I had a pack search me once in a Walmart, Aisle 13 to be exact, near the kitty litter It was a little embarrassing at first, but once I learned to just "let go" and not be ashamed of my body, everything turned out great. We still stay in touch.

Sell this to lifetime please.

A Packsearcher's Pleasure
Old 05-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
I'm gonna take a picture of a person taking a picture of a person taking a picture of a packsearcher.
you're weird!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
what a sad person pack searchers make me sick...i saw a guy at target here in philly searching the rack packs that just came in i grabbed the 8 he didnt search yet and walked away with him saying "hey im not done yet" i said "im sorry to hear"...i went out to my car after buying the 8 racks and me and my brother opened the racks in the car and guess what the dude is parked rigth next to me...well i pulled a harper /450 and a pineda auto...he asked what i pulled and i told him and he didnt believe me so i showed him and he called em a couple names and drove off....
Out of curiosity, what target was this?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

one in northeast philly near roosevelt blvd
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #38 (permalink)

Man I hate packsearchers, and in a couple weeks I wouldn't even be 100% comfortable buying any Bowman blasters because of the possibility that they purchased and then returned already. It's not so much because they are taking cards away that I could be getting, but cards kids could be getting because I know when I was growing up I would have to save my allowance just to get a few loose packs and now you are almost guaranteed there won't be anything of any value left unless it is a fresh box. I think they should sell individual and value jumbo packs in vending machines. I am still dumbfounded by the fella from Michigan who talked to a packsearcher that said that was his job. I wonder if he just thinks that and is on his own of if there's is actually a group with bosses and crap. I think the best advice I've heard on here was to just walk up and take their loot since they most likely be using both hands to rape the packs, and are in no position to call you out for moral reasons.
georgewashinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #39 (permalink)

-sigh-

Unless they start putting sportscards behind a counter like they do tobacco products, this will never cease to be an issue. And yes, most of us are smart enough to stay away from these rack packs the further out they are from release, but these 9 or 10 year-old kids have no clue.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
I would not even know how to search packs. Never thought to do it. I started collecting back in 1980....Wonder if they searched then also.
From what I've heard and I may be way wrong on this one is that the companies use to put the 'hits' (inserts back then) in the same pack every time, so people could just get those packs. I remember always going to this same LCS in the mid-80's hoping for a Wave of the Time of someone or of course those big rookies and never finding them, yet my LCS owner would have them all for sale as if he just lucked up and pulled them. Looking back, I would guess he took this 7 year old for all his allowance.
benjamincarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I would not even know how to search packs. Never thought to do it. I started collecting back in 1980....Wonder if they searched then also.
That's what I don't get. How someone can feel a sticker that is somehwere in the middle of a pack is unreal to me!
fishacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #42 (permalink)
Axe

Quote:
the only real pack searching back then was people looking for key players they could see through the front or back. there was basically no inserts that far back. the first time i know when pack searching became an issue was back in 1990? with score having a Black and White Bo Jackson card that very rapidly jumped to unkown heights due to it was thought to be rare, little did they know kids Loved this card so much they searched everywhere for them, and were on average of 1-2 a box, and literally had stacks and stacks of this card that became worth in the $50 range.

After that it wasnt a real issue again until topps inserted mickey mantle finest/chrome reprints into regular packs, these were highly sought after, and very easy to find.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #43 (permalink)

These guys are soooo dumb... they should just do like me... Go buy all of the rack packs they got... take em home... groap the s*** out of em.... When you got all the pleasure you need.... just take em back for a refund... this way you stay out of everybodies way and these little threads don't smother the forum

JK by the way thought I would get this thang fired up
jeffgates_3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
A Packsearcher's Pleasure
I'd like to take a picture of you accomplishing that
jloop10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

i have done this once but it was at a dollar general lmao in 2008 they sp packs they were a buck so i did it idk about a full time job at it lol shoulda said to "him hey did u find me anything good" lmao
u can get ripped on the packs as well they arent always hits they have the cardboard in em
but ya next time act like u know nothing and be like o how can u tell can i feel one real quick then take off with it whats he gonna do try and assault u for a pack of cards and go to jail lmao
slycoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #46 (permalink)

The Pack fondle is that new lol I wish I had the xray eye I'd be searching all day but on the other hand you definatly can see if a kid searched the retail packs becuz usually all the cards are pushed up!!!! Finger F$$k those cards and I even heard that they even weigh the cards with a small digital scale is this True can u really weigh them out and tell by weight??? BB
Old 05-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #47 (permalink)

I remember my first pack groping.

Looking for 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractors and 1958 Topps! Hook me up people!
longlivethewho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #48 (permalink)

......what??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by slycoop View Post
i have done this once but it was at a dollar general lmao in 2008 they sp packs they were a buck so i did it idk about a full time job at it lol shoulda said to "him hey did u find me anything good" lmao
u can get ripped on the packs as well they arent always hits they have the cardboard in em
but ya next time act like u know nothing and be like o how can u tell can i feel one real quick then take off with it whats he gonna do try and assault u for a pack of cards and go to jail lmao
Old 05-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slycoop View Post
Lol, English please?
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote