Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Tips on shipping a TTT Booklet card

I am about to sell a book card on ebay and currently have it in a 35-card snap case with some cushion on both sides, but for a card that may exceed $200, I want to make sure I take good care of it. That said, any suggestions on how to ship it, with care?

Thanks in advance for the help...I especially would like to hear from guys that have ordered a book card before and been pleased with the way they received it.
catcherball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I never shipped a book but maybe put two solid pieces of cardboard between it?
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Roger that, didnt even think of that, prolly gonna use some decoy cards
Old 05-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just shipped a $750 Topps Sterling Babe Ruth booklet, here's my suggestion....

Get a penny sleeve used for extra thick cards and put it on the end where the hinge is and slide it over the card. If it fits, trying putting another extra thick penny sleeve going on the other way (non-hinge side), basically so none of the card is exposed to get damaged if it slides in the snaptight at all. After doing this put it in the snaptight and fill both sides of with cardboard/decoy cards so it doesn't have space to move around much (or hopefully at all). Tape it shut, put it in a graded card sleeve bag with 2 more pieces of cardboard/decoys on the outside of the snaptight, and then seal the bag. Lastly if you have an invoice wrap it around the graded card bag (so it doesn't move in the bubble mailer) and stick it in a bubble mailer, preferebly size #000.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
I just shipped a $750 Topps Sterling Babe Ruth booklet, here's my suggestion....

Get a penny sleeve used for extra thick cards and put it on the end where the hinge is and slide it over the card. If it fits, trying putting another extra thick penny sleeve going on the other way (non-hinge side), basically so none of the card is exposed to get damaged if it slides in the snaptight at all. After doing this put it in the snaptight and fill both sides of with cardboard/decoy cards so it doesn't have space to move around much (or hopefully at all). Tape it shut, put it in a graded card sleeve bag with 2 more pieces of cardboard/decoys on the outside of the snaptight, and then seal the bag. Lastly if you have an invoice wrap it around the graded card bag (so it doesn't move in the bubble mailer) and stick it in a bubble mailer, preferebly size #000.
Nice, I like it, I wonder if it will fit in the snap case after the sleeves though
Old 05-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Nice, I like it, I wonder if it will fit in the snap case after the sleeves though
Depends on how big the booklet is...maybe put just 1 penny sleeve on it and it will fit...good luck!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Is 35pt the smallest snaptight (10card)? If it is, I would use the next size up....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

they make a 360 pt one touch holder.. its the very best way to ship one but expensive
Ultra Pro 360pt Magnetic Card Holder - 82719 - $2.59 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Get some 25 card count slider boxes. That is enough room for the booklet and a decoy on each side, shipped in a bubble mailer. That is how I ship all booklets I sell and have never had any problems. If it is a really big dollar card, once it is packaged in a bubble mailer, put it in anouther larger bubble mailer or a small priority box.
shindig_747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

go with shindig!! that's how i ship mine, and how i've received mine inn the mail!!
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote