Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Ebay should do a better job of enforcing the policies that they have in place. Presale listings need to be available to ship within 30 days of the purchase date. There are way too many sellers that violate the policy on a regular basis.
EXACTLY! I need all the help that I could get right now and really hope all this adds up to put me in a positive position. I also think that eBay needs to start requiring confirmation numbers to help with situations. It won't eliminate problems but should decrease them.
spencer2986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #77 (permalink)

Well paypal denied my claim, Got them to re-open an appeal and just got an email today stating they closed it. UGH! Heres what the options are they gave me, outside of paypal;

1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
o National Fraud Information Center
o Internet Crime Complaint Center
o Better Business Bureau Online
2. File a police report against the other party.

Honestly, I'll miles kiss my money goodbye.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #78 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Dont you have his address through paypal? I would not let someone get away with stealing that amount of money from me. Call his local police dept. You never know until you try.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #79 (permalink)

I don't have his address through paypal. I am going to contact as many people as possible but from what i heard, they wont do much about it. TRUST ME, i don't want to get robbed of all my money but I need help from people and if others aren't willing to help me, then what can i do?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #80 (permalink)

This will be a good lesson for you. Next time you will protect yourself and file a claim before the expiration ends.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #81 (permalink)

Have you filed a complaint with eBay or is it too late to open a case? This seller is still going strong on the Bay and hopefully opening a case for not receiving your item will at least alert eBay to the scam. I would also call eBay and alert them that the seller is selling items illegally below cost.

Also, eBay will provide you the seller's contact information if you request it. That information is freely given when there are disputes. You can get name, address, phone number, everything. Call the local police over there and alert them that there is a scam going on. He's probably not paying taxes either so you can put an anonymous tip into the IRS.

I know this all sounds like big and complicated stuff but I think the more noise you make with eBay, Paypal, the local police, an IRS, the better chance you have that SOMEONE will look twice and investigate. Get him shut down before other buyers are scammed.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Have you filed a complaint with eBay or is it too late to open a case? This seller is still going strong on the Bay and hopefully opening a case for not receiving your item will at least alert eBay to the scam. I would also call eBay and alert them that the seller is selling items illegally below cost.

Also, eBay will provide you the seller's contact information if you request it. That information is freely given when there are disputes. You can get name, address, phone number, everything. Call the local police over there and alert them that there is a scam going on. He's probably not paying taxes either so you can put an anonymous tip into the IRS.

I know this all sounds like big and complicated stuff but I think the more noise you make with eBay, Paypal, the local police, an IRS, the better chance you have that SOMEONE will look twice and investigate. Get him shut down before other buyers are scammed.
This is great advice. Even if you are unable to get your money back, which you still might, this will put an end to this sellers scamming days on ebay.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #83 (permalink)

EDIT: I just now noticed that eBay pulled everything down from this seller's account and even wiped out his "completed listings". The account is frozen for now. Looks like your calls worked. Now let's see if eBay will assist you with legal proceedings.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #84 (permalink)

eBay had a claim opened then closed it. Same thing with Paypal. I talked to the representatives at Paypal and they even said that the seller called in and even said himself he was trying to get a refund to me, once the distributor gets the money back to him. Both eBay and Paypal claims are both closed b/c they keep saying its "out of the protection". How much more evidence to I need for paypal when the seller himself admitted he didn't ship anything out? Goes to show paypal DOESN"T care. I'm not giving up though.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #85 (permalink)

did you do a user info search & call the guy?

call the local police where this guy lives & file a complaint. they have to follow up on this.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #86 (permalink)

I got his number and will be calling him this evening. He "works" during the day so that would be useless right now. I will be calling his local police tomorrow regardless of what this guy says later on, if he even answers.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #87 (permalink)
jrb

Contact all of these organizations. You are out $1k, correct? It's worth your time to do that even if it doesn't result in you getting your money back.

The strange thing is that the guy has perfect feedback. I'm very surprised that no one else has had issues. Scammers aren't usually 1 and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer2986 View Post
Well paypal denied my claim, Got them to re-open an appeal and just got an email today stating they closed it. UGH! Heres what the options are they gave me, outside of paypal;

1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
o National Fraud Information Center
o Internet Crime Complaint Center
o Better Business Bureau Online
2. File a police report against the other party.

jrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
I got his number and will be calling him this evening. He "works" during the day so that would be useless right now. I will be calling his local police tomorrow regardless of what this guy says later on, if he even answers.
If he does not pick up, you can do an internet search of the number. It may lead to clues on where this guy lives. There are pay (dont know if they are legit or not) services to find out info with just a telephone number. Good luck man..
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #89 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
if they opened a claim, im almost 100% sure that you will get your money back, the money is typically within they own system, all they have to do is take it out the persons account and transfer it to yours. if the account is empty they typically just minus it and take action against the person who committed the fraud.
Almost 100%, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer2986
Well paypal denied my claim, Got them to re-open an appeal and just got an email today stating they closed it. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer2986
Don't give up, keep on him. However, since time isn't such an issue anymore, don't attack him directly (verbally/threats/etc). Give him a chance to make good, however unlikely it may be. In the mean time, follow the good advice about about contacting various agencies.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #90 (permalink)

I'm not giving up one bit but my odds just went down quite a bit when eBay and Paypal are no longer in the picture.

I asked him today about my refund and he said the following;

"I know I am sorry, I have to wait for the refund to clear into My bank from My supplier, he is screwing me over and it whould cle ar with in 24-48 then I can transer to paypa land pay You!!!! Thankx for your patience"

Granted I don't trust this guy anymore but the good news is I have proof from eBay messages showing he still has yet to refund me. As I said earlier, I can win this if people out there are willing to help me doing so.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
I would also call eBay and alert them that the seller is selling items illegally below cost.
why is it "ILLEGAL" to sell below cost? i don't get it. what law are you referring to?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not giving up one bit but my odds just went down quite a bit when eBay and Paypal are no longer in the picture.

I asked him today about my refund and he said the following;

"I know I am sorry, I have to wait for the refund to clear into My bank from My supplier, he is screwing me over and it whould cle ar with in 24-48 then I can transer to paypa land pay You!!!! Thankx for your patience"

Granted I don't trust this guy anymore but the good news is I have proof from eBay messages showing he still has yet to refund me. As I said earlier, I can win this if people out there are willing to help me doing so.
the fact that he is communicating with you is huge. if he was out to screw you i'm sure you'd be flat out ignored at this stage.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #93 (permalink)

I said the same thing but what really urkes me is that he sold a pre-sale 9 box TTT case for $980 a few weeks back. Thats below cost, right? So why in the world would he do that if he wasn't trying to scam someone out of their money being it would be outside of the 45 day protection window by the time it was released.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #94 (permalink)

maybe this has been mentioned but did you pay with a credit card through paypal??? If so you can call the credit card company and do a chargeback through paypal...I have had this done against me but i was on the bad end....a guy bought a 2010 bowman set off me last year during the crazy for 80 dollars....cheap at the time..mailed it and whatever..then six monthes later paypal said the credit card did a charge back and since the tracking number had since expired they got their money back...so try this
Bigdig9803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #95 (permalink)

I paid all Paypal. I sold a bunch of stuff before buying these pre-ordered cases and had just enough to cover it all. I didn't know about the CC thing or else I would have DEFF went that route.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #96 (permalink)

I just talked to him on the phone and he said that his distributor got shorted so now he is waiting for the distributor to refund his money so he can refund my money. Until I get my money back, I don't believe it one bit...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #97 (permalink)

Still no case or refund...Next step is calling his local police and seeing what they can do. Does anyone know how effective the Internet Crime Complaint Center (Ic3) can be?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
I just talked to him on the phone and he said that his distributor got shorted so now he is waiting for the distributor to refund his money so he can refund my money. Until I get my money back, I don't believe it one bit...
Classic BS. Sellers love to pass the buck when they don't have money. Feel sorry for you bro.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Still no case or refund...Next step is calling his local police and seeing what they can do. Does anyone know how effective the Internet Crime Complaint Center (Ic3) can be?
For the purposes of getting your money back, I would keep on with his local police first and see what they can do for you.

File the complaint with the IC3 (and anywhere else) but that would mostly be for the benefit of others in the future.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDbacksFan View Post
I just wouldnt buy a PreOrder off ebay that is further out. Than the PP protection time. Or stick to BO. You may not lock in those super low scam prices, but pay a little more for the security of knowing your cards will come. IMHO
You are a wise man. I will not buy any boxes on ebay for that sole reason. If the retailer has an ebay account I will buy from the retailers website. If the price is too good to be true, than usually its a scam. Watch the seller now send a box of kleenex with a delivery confirmation number attached to it to the buyer. Then the buyer has no recourse, because the buyer can't prove that the box is a box of kleenex.

I ran into this problem with an auction that looked to be a case of toploaders and a case of Soft Sleeves. I passed on that auction and I'm happy I did. Because I contacted the seller and he said the auction was for something I didn't think it was. the seller wanted $25.00 for 5 packs of soft sleeves.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote