Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bowman 2011 Dilema

So, I pre ordered my case of 2011 Bowman at $850. I now notice that prices are over $1600. What is the general consensus, should I sell for the profit or bust it. I really dont have any PC rookies in this product. I would like to have a nice Harper for the PC but I am thinking I can probably make enough profit off of this case to just buy a Harper. Thoughts?
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
So, I pre ordered my case of 2011 Bowman at $850. I now notice that prices are over $1600. What is the general consensus, should I sell for the profit or bust it. I really dont have any PC rookies in this product. I would like to have a nice Harper for the PC but I am thinking I can probably make enough profit off of this case to just buy a Harper. Thoughts?
Actually they are under $1500 now and the last ended on ebay at $1400. I still say sell and take your profit!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Oh, I just got the 1600 from what BO is selling them at.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

i would sell it, if you get $1450 you made $600, almost enough right there to just buy a Harper

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

sell it, you'll work yourself to death trying to sell singles & make your money back unless you get lucky.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

sell or stash. don't open.
phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

My vote is to ring the cash register with your nice profit and then purchase exactly what you are looking for in the set (Harper parallel, Harper Auto, Sets, etc.).
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

sell it, I was happy to get $100 per box for my hobby stuff considering I bought at around $68. I didn't make a ton, but I think you can already feel this stuff starting to lose momentum
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinholdMessner View Post
I think you can already feel this stuff starting to lose momentum

it might be losing momentum with prospectors on these boards but the general public is still buying it like crazy.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Id bust it, but then again I love ripping wax. That and I'm always afraid I'd sell the case with something huge in it.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
it might be losing momentum with prospectors on these boards but the general public is still buying it like crazy.
I guess I'm not sure who you are classifying as the general public? If hardcore collectors who buy multiple cases aren't getting value, that's the kiss of death. Not saying that's the case, but I don't think the "general public" is enough to keep a product going these days
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

SELLL IT!!! USE THE $600 PROFIT AND BUY A HARPER AUTO OR A NICE SUPERFRACTOR OR SOMETHING. There is about a .001-1% Chance you make more than $1500 on the case.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinholdMessner View Post
I guess I'm not sure who you are classifying as the general public? If hardcore collectors who buy multiple cases aren't getting value, that's the kiss of death. Not saying that's the case, but I don't think the "general public" is enough to keep a product going these days
by the general public i mean gamblers looking for harper cards because of hype and not concerned with expected return on other singles. when hooked on something they are certainly enough to keep a product going until the next big thing comes out (platinum).

right when it hit jumbos spiked too high and then corrected down, but otherwise the demand seems to be really steady and prices remarkably level considering how much is available.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well you guys convinced me, case is now listed on Ebay. I love busting wax and it kills me to do this but, I can buy just about every single I want out of this set with the profit alone. I just cant let the oppertunity to gain $500 in profit pass me by. So, question now is, once sold, do the Harper autos keep going up or should I wait a few weeks to buy one?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Well you guys convinced me, case is now listed on Ebay. I love busting wax and it kills me to do this but, I can buy just about every single I want out of this set with the profit alone. I just cant let the oppertunity to gain $500 in profit pass me by. So, question now is, once sold, do the Harper autos keep going up or should I wait a few weeks to buy one?
Buy around $500-550 now. If they just happen to get lower than that, it will be amazing. However, they will go up each time he moves a level in the Minors, and that could definitely happen soon.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd sell it as fast as you can say S-E-L-L

I had the same dilema and went the other route. I busted the hobby case and I'd be lucky if I make 1/2 my money back! So definitely sell, enjoy the profits and buy yourself a Harper auto (in the offseason).
jloop10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
by the general public i mean gamblers looking for harper cards because of hype and not concerned with expected return on other singles. when hooked on something they are certainly enough to keep a product going until the next big thing comes out (platinum).

you can tell there's a section of the populous not concerned with value looking for it because single box auctions keep getting bid up higher than available BIN's.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Feebay is going to cut into your profit margin a smidge, but I believe you are making a sound decision, Romad. I'm glad I held off on another case this past weekend. There's NO WAY I wouldn't have opened it. You have amazing will power.

If you like comedy, check out the following website: http://unadulteratedbs.com. The Unadulterated BS Podcast.
bigpoppacards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

The buys are dropping each day on 2011 Bowman.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Good choice deciding to sell it, if you were ripping this product you were simply looking for a harper auto or parallel or a super of some other player. Take the $500-600 profit and buy yourself a base harper auto and call it a day
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloop10 View Post
I'd sell it as fast as you can say S-E-L-L

I had the same dilema and went the other route. I busted the hobby case and I'd be lucky if I make 1/2 my money back! So definitely sell, enjoy the profits and buy yourself a Harper auto (in the offseason).
I hate to say it but if you're only making half back on a case you should re-evaluate how you process and sell your cards. There is a TON of value in this year's bowman, but most of it is in the $1-$5 range. Everyone is banking on Harper hits but quietly the parallels, inserts, and base and prospect sets have done well. Harper cards may be leveling off to more realisitc levels but everything else in the set is either staying the same or trending upward.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote