Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Baseball to arrive a week early with no redemptions

Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Baseball to arrive a week early with no redemptions

May 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Contributing Editor

Upper Deck isn’t out of the baseball market yet. The company teased SP Legendary Cuts Baseball on Wednesday with a product that featured more than baseball players.

SP Legendary Cuts Baseball is also coming out early – and with no redemptions.

Each box will contain just one cut signature card. The single-player cuts are considered part of the 200-card base set. All cuts are hand-numbered to 35 or less. SP Legendary Cuts will feature 91 Hall of Famers such as Roberto Clemente, Ty Cobb, Jackie Robinson and Babe Ruth.

Upper Deck unveiled photos of some of the historic cards collectors can obtain.

See a full gallery after the jump …

As a baseball fan, one of the flashiest cards in the set is an eight-cut signature card with eight members of the New York Yankees’ Murderer’s Row, including Lou Gehrig and Ruth.

There is also a quad-cut card of members from the 1919 famed Chicago White Sox team – the ‘Black Sox.’

But the entire box isn’t filled with baseball players. There are actually items in there that those outside of the hobby world could find intriguing, especially with The Royal Wedding still fresh in minds.

Princess Diana and Prince Charles will have their ‘Royal Couples’ card.

Then, the royal family that is a little closer to home – the Kennedys.

A cut card of this family features Ted Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy.

Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Baseball to arrive a week early with no redemptions |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Why would there be redemptions for dead guys?If they are still waiting for them to sign then it will be a long wait.
hofmichael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofmichael View Post
Why would there be redemptions for dead guys?If they are still waiting for them to sign then it will be a long wait.
Shipping from the afterlife is 3-6 weeks, more with USPS.
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Upper deck needs all the positive press they can muster. Stating "one week early" and "no redemptions" is positive in their eyes because they know most of us are sheep.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

makes sense now. my LCS said UD billed him last week for a product and the only thing that came to mind was Legendary Cuts. should be interesting...
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think is going to be like that razor rookie product where if you buy a single box you have the potential to get hosed, but a case should yield a least one huge hit.

anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
I think is going to be like that razor rookie product where if you buy a single box you have the potential to get hosed, but a case should yield a least one huge hit.
Yes there will definitely be one hit per case that will be an Exquisite, President, or Mulit-player Booklet. I just hope the cards they choose for Equisite are all deceased players whose autos are tough to find, and valuable. I wouldn't want a Bob Feller signed check to be my case hit ya know?
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

auctionjim,

how many cases are you opening? 10?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Yes there will definitely be one hit per case that will be an Exquisite, President, or Mulit-player Booklet. I just hope the cards they choose for Equisite are all deceased players whose autos are tough to find, and valuable. I wouldn't want a Bob Feller signed check to be my case hit ya know?
A few years ago i pulled a george herman and a bob lemon those were my "case" hits.
sell sick cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
auctionjim,

how many cases are you opening? 10?
One. This is a high risk / high reward gamble product. Although I think some would be smart to sit on their sealed boxes until the 90 days have passed and then sell them. I could see this stuff hitting $300 by September 2nd but who knows.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GeniesCreation Send a message via Yahoo to GeniesCreation

I might be one that will hold on to my case just to see how things play out. I agree that it's a huge risk with a huge reward and it will be interesting to see what people are pulling out of these boxes. It's going to be very hard not to open and pull out my George Washington booklet
1.) 2010 Exquisite Nameplate /5 - Jerry RICE!! 2.) Topps Five Star Dual Shield 1/1 - Best/Mathews 3) 2010 Absolute Shield Signature 1/1 - Demaryius Thomas 4.) 2010 Exquisite Dual Auto /10 - Bradford/Tebow
http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/geniescreation/
GeniesCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

dammm blowout is all out!
frankiecgsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecgsw View Post
dammm blowout is all out!
honestly i agree i could see very bad cases and very good ones.
i think i might hold on to mine, and sell later knowing that i wont pull that washington card etc.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GeniesCreation Send a message via Yahoo to GeniesCreation

How much were cases on BO?
1.) 2010 Exquisite Nameplate /5 - Jerry RICE!! 2.) Topps Five Star Dual Shield 1/1 - Best/Mathews 3) 2010 Absolute Shield Signature 1/1 - Demaryius Thomas 4.) 2010 Exquisite Dual Auto /10 - Bradford/Tebow
Old 05-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniesCreation View Post
How much were cases on BO?
920 they sold out quick. then DA had 1020. then sold out they got more and its now 1070.
beware of ebay and weird card sites selling for 950!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ok, well I got mine at 995...so I guess I didn't do that bad...but I would have loved to save the $75. I didn't even realize that BO was selling them. Every time I looked it was out of stock.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ok, well I got mine at 995...so I guess I didn't do that bad...but I would have loved to save the $75. I didn't even realize that BO was selling them. Every time I looked it was out of stock.
i got mine at 1070$
where did you get yours?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

I probably shouldn't say, but it was mentioned earlier I locked it in about a month or so ago along with some boxes of Pop Century. Looks like both will arrive at my place at the same time. What good deed should I do to get the MOJO to pull both the Camelot booklet and the JFK booklet??
Old 05-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I probably shouldn't say, but it was mentioned earlier I locked it in about a month or so ago along with some boxes of Pop Century. Looks like both will arrive at my place at the same time. What good deed should I do to get the MOJO to pull both the Camelot booklet and the JFK booklet??
you probably should give me your collection knowing youll get a newone with that case.
love the nfl shield
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

You guys should find it while you can....a little birdie told me that this will be $1200 a case in a few days.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

good thing I got a case @ $841.50. My lcs charges me his cost + 10%...he was only able to order 2 cases, should have bought both of them as he wasn't going to order any of them but since I bought one he said he would buy the other one. Don't know whether to open or hold for 3 months?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

nice price thats sick!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sell sick cards View Post
A few years ago i pulled a george herman and a bob lemon those were my "case" hits.

I take it that it wasn't George Herman Ruth?
My Recent Top Hits-2011 BDP Mike Trout Superfractor #1/1, 2011 BDP Dante Bichette red #1/1, 2011 BDP Archie Bradley Purple Ref Auto /10, 2011 Tier One Manny Pacquiao Autograph, 2011 Tier One Eric Hosmer/Billy Butler Dual Auto /25, 2011 Elite Namath/Starr Passing The Torch Dual Auto
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

Is anybody due to get theirs today? I was hoping my LCS would call, but nothing yet. Typically you'll see a few out there early but it appears UD did a good job so far making sure nothing got out there before the 2nd.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

From the customers that i've talked to, some authorized UD online retailers have already notated orders that it is 'shipping within 24 hours'. Whether that means ship today or ship Thursday I would not venture to guess.

I would expect to see some early breaks being available on Thursday maybe? and the majority of end-users to have it in-hand on Friday or Saturday assuming 1 day shipping.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote