Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Exclamation Strasburg Superfractor Pulled From Razor Retro - Story

California man finds Stephen Strasburg SuperFractor in pack, plans raffle to benefit charity and leagues |

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I bet this card doesn't hit $5000 now... at least it is going to a good cause though.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Amazing story. Wish everyone in this hobby was like that
Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's one of my favorite LCS's. Congrats on the gentleman who pulled it, and great story about what he is going to do with it.
lisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I love how in the article, Olds again refers to Power selling the card for getting negative messages. The negative messages were about BGS and how they just slapped a 9.5 on a 8.5 card. That turd Chris olds is so pathetic, I can't even buy a beckett anymore because it seems like he writes every single article.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to advan24r

Wow! That's amazing...and I was just at the store on Wednesday (June 1st). I wonder if that case was still sitting there that day.
advan24r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I love how in the article, Olds again refers to Power selling the card for getting negative messages. The negative messages were about BGS and how they just slapped a 9.5 on a 8.5 card. That turd Chris olds is so pathetic, I can't even buy a beckett anymore because it seems like he writes every single article.

Nope, that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Did you watch the interview video?
chrisolds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm glad he finally came forward with the card. I was told it was present at the TriStar show - but that he didn't want people to know about it yet, so to keep it under wraps.

Very glad it is going to a good cause.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

People buy multi thousand dollar cards all the time. People don't just send death threats/hate emails for that. Give me a break man. You guys had a tornado of controversy over how you FAILED at grading that card. People were amazed at how you all handled it. Nice job blocking all of your youtube comments on ALL those videos also after people starting looking at how corrupt that whole situation was.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

glad to see a giants fan pull it
Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
People buy multi thousand dollar cards all the time. People don't just send death threats/hate emails for that. Give me a break man. You guys had a tornado of controversy over how you FAILED at grading that card. People were amazed at how you all handled it. Nice job blocking all of your youtube comments on ALL those videos also after people starting looking at how corrupt that whole situation was.
You do realize Olds doesn't work for BGS, correct?

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
You do realize Olds doesn't work for BGS, correct?
He may not have graded it, but he sure as hell was there for all of the videos about it, as well as writing countless articles on how butt hurt Power was.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

The harassment started after his initial interview and his appearance on ESPN. Both were before/as the card was graded -- so its result was not part of that.

And, of course, you don't know WHAT he was told, either. It's funny you mention death threats ...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

What was he told??

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolds2004 View Post
The harassment started after his initial interview and his appearance on ESPN. Both were before/as the card was graded -- so its result was not part of that.

And, of course, you don't know WHAT he was told, either. It's funny you mention death threats ...
You made it seem like the guy was getting death threats and crying in the corner with hot soup on his lap. It's beyond pathetic. If he bought the card looking for people to bow down at his feet, then it was for all the wrong reasons. Shouldn't you get back to work and continue ruining the once great beckett?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
What was he told??
Give him a few hours, I am sure he will cook up something good.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Anyone thinking of buying a raffle ticket for it?

Collection Bucket: http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/dachman/James%20Starks%20PC/
Busting Packs PC Profile: http://www.bustingpacks.com/pc-profile/james-starks
dachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

He did not want to publicly disclose the amount of ugliness that was in the messages and calls that he received. That's his right and I will not disclose details, either.

Let's just say it was not good -- and it was enough that he turned around and got rid of a card that he was seriously attached to from the start. Read the very first interview.

You don't do that if you're personally invested -- and I am not talking financially -- in an item. The guy legitimately has the means to buy items that he wants to buy. Go watch the video interviews with him -- this was not an Academy Award-winning attempt to flip a card.

He doesn't need to flip a card like that when he has the money to be buying it in the first place, either.

It's quite clear what "camp" BoxBreaker is in. Nothing I say -- or anyone else for that matter -- will change his perspective.

However, there's a good amount of stuff with this story that's not going to be disclosed -- and the fact that it's being raffled to help benefit someone who was the victim of a senseless crime and to help kids' baseball programs is as good of a story as there will ever be given its background.

Last edited by chrisolds2004; 06-03-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

It's a great cause and god bless the guy doing the raffle, I really hope it sells for $100,000. The issue isn't with that at all, anyone who says the centering on the back of that card is a 9 is either high on peyote, or has other intentions. I am willing to bet that 95% of those emails were about the fraud grading the card received. You continued to say that the guy was harassed into selling it, that is simply not believable. No one would ever scare me into selling my favorite card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolds2004 View Post
He did not want to publicly disclose the amount of ugliness that was in the messages and calls that he received. That's his right and I will not disclose details, either.

Let's just say it was not good -- and it was enough that he turned around and got rid of a card that he was seriously attached to from the start. Read the very first interview.

You don't do that if you're personally invested -- and I am not talking financially -- in an item. The guy legitimately has the means to buy items that he wants to buy. Go watch the video interviews with him -- this was not an Academy Award-winning attempt to flip a card.

He doesn't need to flip a card like that when he has the money to be buying it in the first place, either.

It's quite clear what "camp" BoxBreaker is in. Nothing I say -- or anyone else for that matter -- will change his perspective.

However, there's a good amount of stuff with this story that's not going to be disclosed -- and the fact that it's being raffled to help benefit someone who was the victim of a senseless crime and to help kids' baseball programs is as good of a story as there will ever be given its background.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advan24r View Post
Wow! That's amazing...and I was just at the store on Wednesday (June 1st). I wonder if that case was still sitting there that day.
Devin pulled this a month or 2 ago.
BIGJAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Great story. Any word on the raffle? I'd like to buy a few tickets. It looks like there hasn't been a website setup just yet.

Please let me know if you have something that isn't crossed off
enginedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
You continued to say that the guy was harassed into selling it, that is simply not believable. No one would ever scare me into selling my favorite card.
I completely agree.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I bet this card doesn't hit $5000 now... at least it is going to a good cause though.
I think your wrong with a Internet raffle I bet they bring in more than 20K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachman View Post
Anyone thinking of buying a raffle ticket for it?
even though I think it will bring in as much as I said above. I'll put $100 down or a chance at that thing!
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

missed this post

cool story
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

For only $10 a ticket. Im going to try my luck with the raffle.