Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Questions about eBay sales.

I have a chromographs auto from 2007 Turkey Red of Jake Peavy.

he's in group a and their autos were only inserted 1:3700 packs. I was just wondering what anyone thinks that would sell for?

I also have a Greg Halman auto from 2008 threads /25. It sold on eBay for 45 dollars, just wondering if you think that was a good price. Thanks!
adamondo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have to say the Peavy would go anywhere between $10-$25 . even though it is a hard pull and good ol' Beckett says no pricing available doesn't make it more valuble even though in our hearts we think it should be. Most of his auto'd cards range float in this range and Turkey red was a great set however unless you get a few people that are trying to complete the set of autos at the same time to do a bidding war the demand just isn't there.
I wish the card companies would not stick us with these groups and always have desireable players in them and then stick 1-2 not so desireables in with them (ex: group A: AROD, Ryan Howard, David Wright (all are good hits) then put Sheffield and Damon (well these are also ok but I would not jump up and down) then Bay and Peavy (should be in a different group)
If I was in charge I would do only the top 3 with lower insert rates and if i had to add Sheffield but adding just anyone else makes the hit not so memorable.

Don't get me wrong I would still enjoy hitting that card and feel good about it (i got a 06 Turkey red Huston Street white auto which was group A with the 1:3600 and I was extatic however it is more valuble to me than anyone else because in all actuallity he shold have been in group C)

Hope this helps as for the Greg Halman auto I have no idea I would run with the $45.

On a side note if you are to part w/ the Peavy I might be intrested as the only auto i got from from my 4 07 boxes was Kelvim Escobar which was a redemption (and mind you I was extatic because he is an Angel and that is my local team) and Topps replaced it with a 06 Dan Johnson (which i already had ) let me know if you have any player needs or a price you might want for it and we might be able to work something out. (I just want 1 auto from the set and Topps shafted me)
orguss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help!

Also, Greg Halman seems to sell very well. His threads auto /465 books at 30 and sells around 20. The /25 is on ebay right now at around 30 with 3 days left. Also, as far as the Jake Peavy auto there is a reported sale of one selling for 50 dollars, but who knows
adamondo5 is offline   Reply With Quote