Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default THE WORST Bowman box ive ever opened

I busted a box (my 21st) of bowman draft 08 and pulled NO AUTO AND NO CHROME REFRACTORS. I got one blue parallel /399, and that was it.

NOW, should i be wanting a full box from topps? Or just the usually $10 chrome auto?
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigA

depends, where did you buy the box from?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
depends, where did you buy the box from?
I got it from the distributor, who ive been going through the last 2 years.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

They must be allowing a blind charity the honor of packing those boxes anymore. The QC at Bowman has been going downhill lately IMHO.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I does seem to be ever more growing than it used to be. I mean hell, i opened 10 straight boxes of this stuff and got all base autos, not 1 refractor auto. Not to mention the names NOT included in the 10 were Beckham,Posey,Stanton,or any redemption. BUT i still have opened almost 2 cases worth. WHY? Because im addicted i guess?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

You will not get a box. You will get your replacement auto. This is getting all too common and I've and seen boxes getting open with no auto's and shorted cards in packs from Topps this year. It got so bad, that when people bought cases that as soon as a box was opened and it was a "dead" box, the LCS (also a Dist.) asked the buyer if they would like to return the case right there on the spot.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
You will not get a box. You will get your replacement auto. This is getting all too common and I've and seen boxes getting open with no auto's and shorted cards in packs from Topps this year. It got so bad, that when people bought cases that as soon as a box was opened and it was a "dead" box, the LCS (also a Dist.) asked the buyer if they would like to return the case right there on the spot.
Well i wouldnt have minded if there was a couple decent chrome refractors.

Id rather have a gold refractor than a sub par chrome auto anyday
Old 12-27-2008, 03:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

I feel your pain, well last year I did. With 2007 Bowman Draft I busted a case that had only 2 #d autos and they were just refractors /500 of course. That wasn't the bad part though. I pulled no base refractors at all. 12 boxes and nada. I returned all the junk (wrappers, SOA, etc.) and received...CHROME cards! Maybe they didn't read my note correctly or they just didn't care. More than likely just didn't care.

I don't buy in case quantities for that very reason. I buy the same quantity of a case but through like 3 different sellers so if I get ripped off from one of Topps throw-off cases, I only get f*'d out of 4 boxes, not all 12. Topps really messes with their pack ratios, especially Bowman. Some cases will have 2-3 times more than it should but this means that there are 1 or 2 poor saps who get the short end of the stick.

This year hasn't been all that bad with refractors. Each box has had either a Blue, Gold or Orange refractor along with an X-Fractor and 2 or 3 refractors (along with those worthless blue border parallels numbered to 399.) As for autos, I haven't pulled anything other than the base refractors #d /500 (3 out of the 12 boxes so far). And for "big names" my best hits were 3 Jesus Montero redemption cards and a Buster Posey Refractor /500. (Up on E-Bay right now...shameless advertisement). Whats really weird is that one of those Montero auto redemption boxes had a montero blue refractor, x-fractor, refractor and blue border all in one.

The only downside of buying Bowman Draft through different buyers is the lack of ability to put together a set. I've put together plenty of chrome and regular base sets, base prospect sets but still 3 short of a chrome prospect set (and 7 short of a second)
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote