Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
7290morint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,783
Default Tyler Matzek Leaves Low A Asheville

Tyler Matzek left the Low A team for a couple of weeks to go back and work with his old pitching coach. Word going around is that the Rockies have tried to change his motion and in doing so have received disastrous results. Hopefully this will help get him straightened out.

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Goin' Back To Cali: Tyler Matzek Regroups
__________________
Looking for 2011 Topps Tribute Black Refractors #'d/10: 69/100 so far
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
THE(NEXT)LEVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
Tyler Matzek left the Low A team for a couple of weeks to go back and work with his old pitching coach. Word going around is that the Rockies have tried to change his motion and in doing so have received disastrous results. Hopefully this will help get him straightened out.

BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Goin' Back To Cali: Tyler Matzek Regroups
God my red refractor auto hopes so....at least do enough to generate interest in him, so I can dump it.
__________________
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/zupsic/

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Jersey... Holla
Posts: 4,693
Default

I pulled a Matzek Auto out of EEE two weeks ago and sold it on the bay for $12.50 within days. Was very surprised by the offer to say the least.

-James
__________________
Kyle Lowry Supercollector
http://s924.photobucket.com/user/pastmyshades/library/?page=1
Year to Date Group Break Wax Opened = $32586
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
7290morint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post
I pulled a Matzek Auto out of EEE two weeks ago and sold it on the bay for $12.50 within days. Was very surprised by the offer to say the least.

-James
I wouldn't say he's a total lost cause just yet but if they don't get him fixed what a terrible shame. He went from being a very advanced high school pitcher with top of the rotation potential to just awful. If it is true and the rockies organization tried to "fix" his mechanics whoever did that should be fired. Hopefully he can get it turned around. Probably a definite buy low candidate.
__________________
Looking for 2011 Topps Tribute Black Refractors #'d/10: 69/100 so far
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,383
Default

This is one reason why you don't want to invest too much into pitchers. Once they try to change mechanics, the effects can be completely horrid. I hope that it straightens out for him.
38stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
7290morint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38stud View Post
This is one reason why you don't want to invest too much into pitchers. Once they try to change mechanics, the effects can be completely horrid. I hope that it straightens out for him.
Well it wouldn't be an issue if they would have just left him alone in the first place. Obviously there was something that was working that allowed him to be drafted that highly.
__________________
Looking for 2011 Topps Tribute Black Refractors #'d/10: 69/100 so far
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,535
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Sounds a lot like Tim Alderson. Team changes his delivery and he falls apart.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.