Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default PSA/DNA in Houston

Just FYI for those who live in and around Houston.....

PSA/DNA will be in Houston next Wed. with their services....check out the Friday Houston Chronicle Sports page.........I have some stuff I need authenticated and its cheaper then sending it into them.

NEED HELP FINDING: 2001 SP GAME USED EDITION - CAL RIPKEN JR (GU JSY - GOLD #/25)
grandslam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

you should ask to see the credentials of there so called "experts" before paying to have anything authenticated.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
you should ask to see the credentials of there so called "experts" before paying to have anything authenticated.
Not sure at what your getting at.....I know where it is taking place at and it is a shop of a pretty well respected person in the Houston area....

You can drop off or wait and watch while they do it......then you get all the other sutff......DNA dob, sticker on the item, COA or Letter depending on who the auto is of, and registered on their database.

Same thing as sending it off to California, this is just cheaper and a quicker turnaround.

NEED HELP FINDING: 2001 SP GAME USED EDITION - CAL RIPKEN JR (GU JSY - GOLD #/25)
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

what i'm getting at.........

is the person a handwriting expert? is he trained in forensics? or is he simply comparing the auto to a known authentic auto by looks? what is the process involved?

the only reason i say this is because there have been instance where in person autos have been declared as fake by the PSA/DNA authenticators.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
what i'm getting at.........

is the person a handwriting expert? is he trained in forensics? or is he simply comparing the auto to a known authentic auto by looks? what is the process involved?

the only reason i say this is because there have been instance where in person autos have been declared as fake by the PSA/DNA authenticators.
I am sure there are instances where legit autos get turned away and some fakes probably make it through......

Someone can never be really sure if its real unless they get the item signed in person by themselves.

Though with a 3rd party (ie. PSA/DNA, TRISTAR, GAI) saying an item is authentic does make the value increase.