Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #51 (permalink)

He's probably first ever person to deny someone an autograph. What a douche.
sportcardtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #52 (permalink)

I understand being denied autographs completely, I have been denied many times. Bryce Harper was there for an interview the crowd could tell he did not want to be there,when he rushed of the stage there were a few older gentlemen and about 8-9 kids looking for autographs he blew them off and said he was tired and doesnt want to sign. I completely understand deneying the older gentlemen who are in it for the money. I just love getting IP autos for my personal collection, he could have signed a few of the kids baseballs it would have took a few moments of his time but instead he blew them off and rushed out. I personally never liked him to begin with just his cocky attitude he thinks he is better than everyone else and it shows.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #53 (permalink)

but I would like his autograph haha
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
At least it wasn't the other way around! Although, he definitely would've owed her an autograph after that.
lol are you saying my wife has a penis?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #55 (permalink)

Ehh....I guess under the age of 17 or so it's okay but....I just find it weird to put another dude on a pedestal like that when you are a grown ass man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Its not like your asking for a handy jammer. Its just an autograph, not that weird or awkward.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Did your English Teacher write this post because there is no way the same person wrote the original post and this post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipro1994 View Post
I understand being denied autographs completely, I have been denied many times. Bryce Harper was there for an interview the crowd could tell he did not want to be there,when he rushed of the stage there were a few older gentlemen and about 8-9 kids looking for autographs he blew them off and said he was tired and doesnt want to sign. I completely understand deneying the older gentlemen who are in it for the money. I just love getting IP autos for my personal collection, he could have signed a few of the kids baseballs it would have took a few moments of his time but instead he blew them off and rushed out. I personally never liked him to begin with just his cocky attitude he thinks he is better than everyone else and it shows.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Did your English Teacher write this post because there is no way the same person wrote the original post and this post.....
I'm glad someone else picked up on this. He went from Bro this, to some older gentleman etc. That was some grammatical miracle! LOL
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #58 (permalink)

Careful guys he really doesnt understand the meaning "douche" or he wouldnt be collecting Jared Dudley, talk about a douche bag... One of the biggest thugs that ever played college basketball.

Quote:
so me and a bro go to the all-star fanfest and go by the mlb.tv booth and they are going to have bryce harper come in so we wait im thinking this is going to be cool. we wait about 10 mins he shows up and they start of asking about his change from C to LF and he says its a little odd considering he never played LF. Then the mlb.tv people say he has a great arm they ask how fast he threw as a pitcher he says "well dont wanna sound cocky but i threw about 98 99 mph off the mound" then we want an auto about me and another 15 people he says no autogrpahs bro im tired i just got done shooting with dan majerle what an ahole
ShadeTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #59 (permalink)

Cant believe you expected anything different. These prim a donas wont do a thing unless you wave some cash in front of them.
Paul Blackburn
xciceroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
Careful guys he really doesnt understand the meaning "douche" or he wouldnt be collecting Jared Dudley, talk about a douche bag... One of the biggest thugs that ever played college basketball.
Are you serious?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #61 (permalink)

has anybody from the boards managed to snag his auto so far this weekend?
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Boo

0-4 in Futures game

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Maybe one of the 500 English teachers on this forum rewrote it for him...
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
no player is entitled to sign autographs. tim hudson blew my wife and I off at a game and now she doesn't like him. I think that is stupid, since when does bryce harper or tim hudson owe us autographs?
You let Tim Hudson blow your wife???

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m564/Patrick_Schwendeman/
patschwen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #65 (permalink)

So picture this. You are this kid out of high school. You have this crazy ability to crush balls out of the park, you are drafted 1st and deemed "the LeBron James" of baseball. You get this HUGE contract. Then at every minor league game you play at, people are getting stepped on just to get your autograph. Then for every time you strike out, don't hit a home run, or get upset at a play, you are called a cry baby or a bust. Then you get called a douche for not signing autographs because you are genuinely tired. All within 1 year.

I understand the "turning down kids" looks bad. I understand the "I don't care what people think" comment looks bad. Or blowing kisses to the pitcher when he crushes it. But seriously...I don't blame him. It's a big jump to go from high school baseball player to the biggest thing to hit Baseball in 10-15 years.

I was talking to a guy at the SAL All-Star game. He was able to get Harper to sign a few things at previous games between Delmarva and the Suns. At one of the signings, the dude asked Harper "I bet you never imagined life would be like this." And Harper gave him a smirk and said "You have no idea." We, the fans, can only imagine. The guy also said he saw Harper running back to the lockers past people trying to get his autograph, and his manager told him to turn around and do a few autographs.

I can't even imagine signing that many autographs...so if I don't get one...I don't blame Harper...I just blame the timing. Oh well...next time.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #66 (permalink)

The only time I ever hear a grown man complain about an athlete is when they didn't sign something for them. This doesn't make him a douche, ahole, etc. If he doesn't want to sign, he doesn't have to. He knows you will most likely be putting that signed item on Ebay anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan777 View Post
he thinks that most kids or people around his age will keep the auto rather than sell it like most adults who know how much the could make off him.
What about the adults who want his autograph but are forced to buy it from someone because he won't sign for adults?

Not every adult autograph seeker has dollar signs in his eyes. And you don't stop liking autographs once you stop being a kid.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #68 (permalink)

These threads are stupid as hell...why is there so many stupid people posting on this site ?
Jrod1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

I was on a plane with Patrick Ewing when I was a kid and when we got off the plane he was right behind me, so I pulled my 6th grade yearbook out and asked if he could sign it for me and he spoke something that resembled English, but the bottom line was he wasn't going to sign it for me. I felt like about 1/2 his height, nobody else around us, with pen in hand and yearbook ready. Wouldn't be too hard a thing to do, right? I stood there in shock that he wouldn't sign his name on my yearbook, esp because NOBODY else was approaching him. Then he went and sat down in the corner looking out the window and nobody was bothering him. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't sign, but my feeling was because I was just a little white kid, prob 12 or 13 years old. I never liked the guy one bit after that. Maybe he was tired, or whatever. He was still a jerk not to sign a yearbook for a little kid...esp when nobody else was bothering him. But whatever, these guys don't owe us anything. We only pay them millions of dollars to watch them run around and act like goons.
REDSOX2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
has anybody from the boards managed to snag his auto so far this weekend?
I was at the futures game and he signed sparingly, maybe for 20 people before the game. Then after the softball game he appeared in street clothes in the dugout and signed 30 or so more. Unless you were right where he was when he started signing you had no chance. I wasnt that dissapointed since I got 10 of the other USA guys.

Tradelist: http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/bonds25.asp
89Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #71 (permalink)

When you become a grown up you will see how silly it is to be asking for autographs anyway.....it's cool when you are in school and such, but it gets weird when you are in your 30's and up and asking for a 19 year old for his autograph.
cardinalsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsooner View Post
When you become a grown up you will see how silly it is to be asking for autographs anyway.....it's cool when you are in school and such, but it gets weird when you are in your 30's and up and asking for a 19 year old for his autograph.
This.......
Fraser9698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #73 (permalink)

I completely agree with the over 30 its a little weird but im 17 and just wanted his autogrpah for my collection of ip baseball autos
Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I completely agree with the over 30 its a little weird but im 17 and just wanted his autogrpah for my collection of ip baseball autos
Bryce Harper is not a douche at all........you guys need to grow the hell up........

seriously