Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #26 (permalink)

I picked up a lot of 50k cards for $120.

It ended up being a late 80's/early 90's stuff, but has a lot of good set building cards (I think i'm working on about 30-40 sets from that timeframe) and cards that i'll keep for my PC. I pretty much keep any Orioles, Wizards, Redskins, Ravens I come across, so its adding a ton of those to my collection.

I also keep any semistar guys (howard johnsons/julio francos) and group them together for future sales.

The reason i'll was willing to buy in that price range is b/c about 2 years ago i sold about 20k cards on ebay for $100 (20 shoe boxes). It was all my older cards that had everything i mentioned above removed. My plan with the 50k is to put them in shoe boxes and do the same again.

If anybody collects Mike Greenwell let me know, there were a ton of him in these boxes for some reason.
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

How on earth is that strasburg a 10 centering. 10 is perfect centering. that right border is clearly bigger than the top and bottom borders, and thus much larger then the left border.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Bought a 1986 Fleer Jordan Rookie for $25. This was back in 1990. I was a counselor at a day camp and the seller was one of my campers. He had the whole set, but would only part with his double of Jordan. Still got the card and yes, you would have too!
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcollections View Post
lol yeah hopefully it will be a gold mine I got lucky the guy had no interest in his dads business (which i find kind of sad) and wanted them out of his house if anyone collects certain years or players pm me and I will def keep you posted

I think this may be the same.

I just talked to the kid and he says there are actually "enough to start your own card shop, nearly 300,000".

Started collecting at 6 until 14. Then his uncle passed and he inherited his uncle's collection.

Baseball from 1958-present. Football from 1963 to present and basketball from 1980 to present.

I just talked to my brother and his basement is completely empty and will let me use it as storage if I get it all. 300,000 is a massive amount.

Last edited by LABUMA; 07-15-2011 at 01:29 PM.
LABUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

My best deal I think was on here a few months ago. Gerrit Cole Bowman Platinum Red auto for $90 dlvd because the seller was accepting MO only and nobody wanted to go that route. I think I flipped it a couple weeks later for $250.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABUMA View Post
I think this may be the same.

I just talked to the kid and he says there are actually "enough to start your own card shop, nearly 300,000".

Started collecting at 6 until 14. Then his uncle passed and he inherited his uncle's collection.

Baseball from 1958-present. Football from 1963 to present and basketball from 1980 to present.

I just talked to my brother and his basement is completely empty and will let me use it as storage if I get it all. 300,000 is a massive amount.

Congrats on that find yes you will need lot's of room it's just a blast and a rush all in one going through something like this!!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
I picked up a lot of 50k cards for $120.

It ended up being a late 80's/early 90's stuff, but has a lot of good set building cards (I think i'm working on about 30-40 sets from that timeframe) and cards that i'll keep for my PC. I pretty much keep any Orioles, Wizards, Redskins, Ravens I come across, so its adding a ton of those to my collection.

I also keep any semistar guys (howard johnsons/julio francos) and group them together for future sales.

The reason i'll was willing to buy in that price range is b/c about 2 years ago i sold about 20k cards on ebay for $100 (20 shoe boxes). It was all my older cards that had everything i mentioned above removed. My plan with the 50k is to put them in shoe boxes and do the same again.

If anybody collects Mike Greenwell let me know, there were a ton of him in these boxes for some reason.

$120 that isn't bad to take a chance on for sure, also to build your own pc do you have any advice where to start lol so overwhelming what I have gone through so far seems to be half put together by year and set and the other half by player
Old 07-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
My best deal I think was on here a few months ago. Gerrit Cole Bowman Platinum Red auto for $90 dlvd because the seller was accepting MO only and nobody wanted to go that route. I think I flipped it a couple weeks later for $250.
I'd take that kind of profit anyday