Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default First two Allen & Ginter Manny Pacquiao autograph sales pack serious punch

First two Allen & Ginter Manny Pacquiao autograph sales pack serious punch

July 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

More than a few collectors might be seeking Manny Pacquiao‘s first certified autograph out of packs of 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter.

But based on the first completed sale price for the card on eBay — and a second sale for even more — it’s apparent that more than a few collectors just might not be able to afford one.

The first cards of the Filipino superstar to sell via best offer on eBay Wednesday fetched a bit of money via a Buy It Now offer of $575.

Interestingly, the second card offered sold for even more.
2011 Allen & Ginter MANNY PACQUIAO Mini AUTO Card SP | eBay

First two Allen & Ginter Manny Pacquiao autograph sales pack serious punch |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

wow i would have bought it for 575
limitedplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

OK...so with the first 2 AUTO sales at $575 and $750 can people stop listing his relic for $1000 BIN. And the Pacquiao base card is NOT a SP. I hit like 15 in my case and a BIN of $49 isn't going to sell. It drives me crazy when people mislead others. Sorry for the rant but I am loving this years ginter!
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Doing BIN high can be a good way to essentially do an auction on cards you don't know the value of, but you're not willing to take a chance of letting go too low. That's probably my Manny relic you were talking about, which I ended up lowering a little while ago. I knew I wanted to list it but had no idea on a value, so i figured I'd see what some offers come in at and adjust accordingly.

I feel like people write SP on everything. Someone paid 5 bucks for the royal wedding SP.

2011 TOPPS ALLEN AND GINTER ROYAL WEDDING SP RARE | eBay
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmasterp View Post
Doing BIN high can be a good way to essentially do an auction on cards you don't know the value of, but you're not willing to take a chance of letting go too low. That's probably my Manny relic you were talking about, which I ended up lowering a little while ago. I knew I wanted to list it but had no idea on a value, so i figured I'd see what some offers come in at and adjust accordingly.

I feel like people write SP on everything. Someone paid 5 bucks for the royal wedding SP.

2011 TOPPS ALLEN AND GINTER ROYAL WEDDING SP RARE | eBay
No offense on your Manny auction My complaint is more about calling everything a SP anymore like you said. I feel this year that the cards 301-350 are not necessarily the true sp cards like most assume. I only hit 2 Arods in my entire case and he is under card 301 and I hit more than 7 mauers and he is #350. Who knows.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Didn't jimssouveniers say he was the buyer of the first one for $575?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
No offense on your Manny auction My complaint is more about calling everything a SP anymore like you said. I feel this year that the cards 301-350 are not necessarily the true sp cards like most assume. I only hit 2 Arods in my entire case and he is under card 301 and I hit more than 7 mauers and he is #350. Who knows.
No offfense taken. I know we see all kinds of crazy stuff going on in the world of ebay. Just thought i'd throw out the fact that it is possible for someone to have at least a little logic behind some of the higher prices. I knew that once ebay got flooded with cards today that i'd have to really bring a lot of prices down, so I was hoping to get some early excited people to bite. Odds are i'll get $50 for the manny now haha..
speedmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
OK...so with the first 2 AUTO sales at $575 and $750 can people stop listing his relic for $1000 BIN. And the Pacquiao base card is NOT a SP. I hit like 15 in my case and a BIN of $49 isn't going to sell. It drives me crazy when people mislead others. Sorry for the rant but I am loving this years ginter!
They're not necessarily misleading people, they clearly don't understand the market or buyers.

Here's an example:

In 2000, the Interstate Bakery Company (IBC) was going on strike. This meant that no union driver would drive, so deliveries would not happen nationwide.
Since IBC manufactured Twinkies and being the sarcastic #@#@#@#@ that I am, I put an auction up on Ebay for what could literally be the last box of Twinkies on the face of the earth.
I totally hyped the ad up, "Near Mint Cakes!" "Last Box in Indy" crap like that, as a joke, not thinking it would get a bid, but within a day it was bid up to $500 bucks (Probably joke bids, but bids) and Then Matt Lauer on NBC covered the auction, Byte Magazine contacted me, as well as a Boston Newspaper.. As news spread of my last box of Twinkies auction ebay listings went from my 1 lone listing, to over 20 pages of listing for Twinkies. It was ridiculous.. as was their reasoning on why you needed these stupid snack cakes.. I feel the same thing is going on now with this Pacquiao stuff.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 07-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

I wouldn't necessarily count the first sale at $575 as a market indicator...it was a buy it now, that the seller obviously placed too low
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

So how much did your last box of twinkies sell for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
They're not necessarily misleading people, they clearly don't understand the market or buyers.

Here's an example:

In 2000, the Interstate Bakery Company (IBC) was going on strike. This meant that no union driver would drive, so deliveries would not happen nationwide.
Since IBC manufactured Twinkies and being the sarcastic #@#@#@#@ that I am, I put an auction up on Ebay for what could literally be the last box of Twinkies on the face of the earth.
I totally hyped the ad up, "Near Mint Cakes!" "Last Box in Indy" crap like that, as a joke, not thinking it would get a bid, but within a day it was bid up to $500 bucks (Probably joke bids, but bids) and Then Matt Lauer on NBC covered the auction, Byte Magazine contacted me, as well as a Boston Newspaper.. As news spread of my last box of Twinkies auction ebay listings went from my 1 lone listing, to over 20 pages of listing for Twinkies. It was ridiculous.. as was their reasoning on why you needed these stupid snack cakes.. I feel the same thing is going on now with this Pacquiao stuff.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote