Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Harper 2011 Bowman Super Thoughts

What is the price range that the Harper 2011 Bowman Superfractor will go for once it pops up?

I know the 2010 Super went for $12K, will the 2011 go higher becuase its his first in a Nats uniform?

Thanks
78yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would say 15k-20k
Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Does anyone else think it will go higher due to first Nats card?
78yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

I dont think it will go higher due to him being in a Nationals uniform, since the USA one was rarer and has the 1st bowman card title to it. But, if it comes out in better condition then the 2010 one (the back edge was banged up badly) then maybe it will go for more, especially if it gets a high grade
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

just wait for the Chrome super auto
Old 07-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

There are a few things to consider...superfractors are 1/1 so what condition they are in shouldn't matter (as long as they aren't torn in half) bc there aren't any other cards to compare it to... Cards get graded to differentiate them from other cards...
In 7 years or so he becomes a free agent (he wants to be a Yankee)... Then, at the end of his career (let's assume for a moment for a goof it's a HOF career and he goes in as a Yankee), are you going to want his first bowman chrome card or his first card pictured in a Nats uni...
Plus, if I ever do sell it, which I most likely won't, it would be for sale with the rest of the rainbow...

Last edited by Admetstiger; 07-18-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Admetstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
just wait for the Chrome super auto
This is the one I cant wait to see!
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admetstiger View Post
There are a few things to consider...superfractors are 1/1 so what condition they are in shouldn't matter (as long as they aren't torn in half) bc there aren't any other cards to compare it to... Cards get graded to differentiate them from other cards...
In 7 years or so he becomes a free agent (he wants to be a Yankee)... Then, at the end of his career (let's assume for a moment for a goof it's a HOF career and he goes in as a Yankee), are you going to want his first bowman chrome card or his first card pictured in a Nats uni...
Thats not 100% true...

I know some people get them graded to have them encased and protected (even though sometimes they can still move around) and also this then will keep the card in that state for years to come.

10 years from now in your collection would you rather have a card in a magnetic or would you rather have a "preserved" card thats been already "graded" and still in that shape/form? Some people would like to take it out and actually feel the card and some people want to keep them in the best form that they can (everyone is diffrent)

As much as I dont like graded cards If I had the chance to do it to all my high dollar PC items I would (just cant afford to do that many lol)
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admetstiger View Post
Plus, if I ever do sell it, which I most likely won't, it would be for sale with the rest of the rainbow...

Not to disrespect this super or you but typically a person doesn't get the value they could from a rainbow by selling as a rainbow. If when you ever do that I suggest piecing it out.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Thats not 100% true...

I know some people get them graded to have them encased and protected (even though sometimes they can still move around) and also this then will keep the card in that state for years to come.

10 years from now in your collection would you rather have a card in a magnetic or would you rather have a "preserved" card thats been already "graded" and still in that shape/form? Some people would like to take it out and actually feel the card and some people want to keep them in the best form that they can (everyone is diffrent)

As much as I dont like graded cards If I had the chance to do it to all my high dollar PC items I would (just cant afford to do that many lol)
I know what you mean and of course it's better to have it encased, but I'm speaking of whether the grade would affect it's value... Thanks for your input...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
Not to disrespect this super or you but typically a person doesn't get the value they could from a rainbow by selling as a rainbow. If when you ever do that I suggest piecing it out.
So you would suggest breaking it up? That's interesting... Thanks man...

Last edited by Admetstiger; 07-18-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Is there a normal amount of time for a Super to "pop up" and if so, is this over or under? One has to wonder have there been supers where it's an unknowing buyer and thinks it's "just another card"
fishacura is offline   Reply With Quote