Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any ideas on good place to sell this Seaver lithograph

Hey everyone,
I have this Seaver lithograph that I received from the Baseball Hall of Fame for purchasing a president circle for Andre Dawson Hall of Fame induction ceremony!! The lithograph is signed by the artist and number 213 of 1500. I haven't found or seen any on ebay. Any help would be appreciated. I have posted it FS on Blowout but I haven't received any responses. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
Here is a pic of the lithograph:
Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

No idea on value but it's really cool lookin.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah it is nice looking but I live in a small house without a man cave to hang it in and I am a Cubs fan. But I figured it would be cool addition for a Mets fan.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

send me a price...I could use it for a gift.
kngofthepknglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default what I would do....

If it was ever possible to get him at a show or private signing that would look great signed on the lower right side.
In general, an unsigned litho doesn't hold much value unless it's really limited or from a famous sports artist.

IMHO,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
If it was ever possible to get him at a show or private signing that would look great signed on the lower right side.
In general, an unsigned litho doesn't hold much value unless it's really limited or from a famous sports artist.

IMHO,
VinnyH
I think the artist is famous. I could be wrong. It is signed by the artist.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

wish I could help out as to the value, but just wanted to let you know that thing is sweet!
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
wish I could help out as to the value, but just wanted to let you know that thing is sweet!
Thanks. I finally found the artist. His name is Bill Purdom. This is what his website said about him:
Lithographs of the 81 paintings are part of the permanent collection of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Additionally, Bill became the most prolific artist in the history of trading cards powerhouse, Topps. To date he has painted 342 baseball, football and basketball cards. In 2002 Dale Earnhardt, Inc and QVC selected Bill as the first official artist to commemorate the fallen hero.

So I guess that is something.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

A little more info about the lithograph:

Tom Terrific. The Miracle Mets. Itís Wednesday night, July 9, 1969, at Shea Stadium in Flushing, Queens. The Mets are on their way to a World Championship. Tom Seaver, 24, is headed for a 25-7 record and the National League Cy Young award. A perfect season, and on this night almost a perfect game for the future Hall of Fame righthander. The scoreboard tells the story: one out in the ninth, the Mets leading the Cubs 4-0 and No. 42, Jim Qualls at-bat for Chicago. To this point, Seaver has been perfect ó 25 straight outs, 11 strikeouts, no walks, no baserunners. With 59,083 fans cheering wildly for every out and gripped by every pitch, Qualls, a 22-year old rookie, will end the dream with a solid single to left-center, between LF Cleon Jones and CF Tommie Agee. Agony. For a moment. And then unending ovation as Seaver gets the final two outs. It is the second-place Metsí seventh straight victory; the first-place Cubsí fifth straight loss. The Amazinís are within three games. The rest, as they say, is glorious history. Note: The second baseman is Wayne Garrett.
No wonder I dislike the lithograph. It is a constant reminder of the '69 Cubs debacle, when the Cubs blew a 12 game lead to the Mets.