Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Before we start jumping off the Bowman Platinum Bandwagon...

can we consider that Bowman still sells to certain collectors in this country? I have been away from the boards for a few days and have noticed a lot of you freaking out because BO dropped THEIR case price again.(I was quoted $1400 yesterday from the top card shop in Las Vegas) Folks, it was at $1200 for several weeks now after the delay was known. Just because the case price reads.. $1,195 doesn't mean we should panic. I think there's a lot to be said about the AUTO collector, Harper Collector, Prospect and Relic collector out there. Regular Bowman prices are crap now, because it's been way over several weeks of it being on the market. Platinum will still be high just like Ginter was in the beginning. Every product is like that. Relax people...or should I just set my case on fire when it comes in? really...come on!
stehlikstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Platinum fanboy is back!!!
illadelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

So you hate Ginter and love platinum?
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

this dude reaks of a troll lol or a company mole
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Who's freaking out? The price is still above what presell was before regular Bowman was released.
georgewashinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Bowman will always be Bowman and sale like Bowman in the beginning.(new bowman/topps products are like that). It will be hot for a few weeks and then we will see where the product goes from there. Ginter really isn't bad for some people, just not my thing. I respect the Ginter Lovers out there. To each his own. My gf bought me a box of Ginter yesterday and hit some cool framed AUTO cards. All I am saying is don't fall asleep on this product or any other Bowman products out there. I know a lot of people got turned off because of the delay and jumped on Ginter because it was available and money was to be made. just me 2 cents... I am thinking about investing in some Chrome and Bowman Draft Picks this year...
Old 07-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK16 View Post
this dude reaks of a troll lol or a company mole
Company mole?? You think a company would send someone this stupid to try and influence "the masses". I would lean toward troll...or just plain dumb dumb.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Wilson, you're from Philly that speaks for itself. Go Cowboys! HA!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stehlikstallion View Post
Go Cowboys! HA!
Cowboys fan. That explains it.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Folks, it was at $1200 for several weeks now after the delay was known. Just because the case price reads.. $1,195 doesn't mean we should panic.
Panic? No, but it does indicate that collectors are not buying when there is a "2" after that "1".

Last edited by mjbuchanan80; 07-22-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags
mjbuchanan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Is platinum really that good? The cards are easily scratched. Hell I got a redemption auto that was scratched. Can you really get a 10 out of these? Plus all the prospects that won't make it will just end up driving the price down on the product as a whole. can't we just all agree that bowman products just aren't that good. They only survive on the hype of players like Harper. A&G all the way!

This post was what we like to call sarcasm.
Swill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Wilson, you're from Philly that speaks for itself. Go Cowboys! HA!
Yes, that explains it all. I am bested. Please continue to make your intelligent threads/posts. Go Cowboys!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

It indicates the collectors are not buying it from BO not that they are not buying it. Blowout is a small fraction of the entire market. Anyone that looked could have found it for under $1200 for the last couple of months
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

I would rather purchase a hobby direct case. I have one paid for, might have paid a bit over the going rate.
I purchased a12 box case of Platinum and Marquee for $3300 dlvd for both from a Topps direct dealer. Let's see what happens.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default Interesting...

It may be a good thing that we haven't seen it hit retail shelves earlier than today. I got a note that my 6 box hobby case will arrive on Wed. the release date.

I guess the TBDs will be a surprise.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Old 07-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

an anything in vegas will cost more cause its vegas, remember that
If we do a deal please remember to leave feedback
chrisxacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
I think a lot of us are losing sight of the big prize..it's Harper! No Harper, No interest. Im my opinion. No questions asked. Have fun with your Larry Holmes framed auto card or ur Easter Bunny Relic card guys.... who agrees with me???
Bowman Platinum $4K/case!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
It indicates the collectors are not buying it from BO not that they are not buying it. Blowout is a small fraction of the entire market. Anyone that looked could have found it for under $1200 for the last couple of months
Of course people aren't pre-ordering right now, if you are be the type of person that pre-orders (like myself) then you probably would have done so for the original June 22nd release date. Especially since Topps waited till the 2 weeks before original deadline to announce that the product was going to be pushed back.

It wouldn't surprise me if Topps deliberately set a false release date in order to gauge what type interest the product had. Then once they knew that they could figure out their final checklist. If there was little interest they probably would have paid more money to get a better auto checklist, and if there was a lot of interest they would make the TBDs be a bunch of scrubs thinking that people are going to buy the product regardless.

If Topps pulls a 2011 Pro Debut auto checklist for platinum and cuts out the big names after people have pre-ordered I am going to drive to Duryea, PA and Manhattan and personally make sure that never happens again. I might be going away for awhile after though.

Last edited by georgewashinton; 07-24-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashinton View Post
Of course people aren't pre-ordering right now, if you are be the type of person that pre-orders (like myself) then you probably would have done so for the original June 22nd release date. Especially since Topps waited till the 2 weeks before original deadline to announce that the product was going to be pushed back.

It wouldn't surprise me if Topps deliberately set a false release date in order to gauge what type interest the product had. Then once they knew that they could figure out their final checklist. If there was little interest they probably would have paid more money to get a better auto checklist, and if there was a lot of interest they would make the TBDs be a bunch of scrubs thinking that people are going to buy the product regardless.

If Topps pulls a 2011 Pro Debut auto checklist for platinum and cuts out the big names after people have pre-ordered I am going to drive to Duryea, PA and Manhattan and personally make sure that never happens again. I might be going away for awhile after though.

you're a minor...... right? you won't get into that much trouble.