Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Help/Info with Ted Williams Autograph

Anybody know anything about this card? Im not much of a baseball guy but when this presented itself I couldnt help but be interested.

Heres what I know. Its from 1994 and #170. Ive done some searching on Worthpoint and found only 5 sold on ebay in the past 4 years. So Im assuming its fairly rare, but theres NO info on Beckett online. Its not even listed. Theres another card #/2500 from the same year that I saw about 50 of on Worthpoint. I havent had the chance to talk for a period of time with the current owner but I will find out if has all the appropriate authentication.

I do have a few questions if anyone may know. Would this be pack pulled? Does the auto even look authentic? Anyone know how many were signed? Ill post more questions as I think of them.

If you have any info on pretaining to this card please feel free to post.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-I think this was a buyback auto, though not sure, suppose could have been a dreict UDA thing. The UD hologram on these is *usually* serial numbered, but i might just be remembering some other card program. IF the back has a serial number holo, it's legit best i can tell.

Nice find.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

Looks like a base card out of 1994 Upper Deck All-Time Heroes that someone had signed in person. There is an auto version from this set, but it is card number 113 and is serial numbered out of 2500. Still a nice find.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys. From 1 listing I saw of this on Worthpoint it did say it was buyback. Once I talk to the guy again Ill get any info with the sticker/holo and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceczerwonka View Post
Looks like a base card out of 1994 Upper Deck All-Time Heroes that someone had signed in person. There is an auto version from this set, but it is card number 113 and is serial numbered out of 2500. Still a nice find.
Yah when I first looked at beckett I thought the /2500 was this card. But after a few searches I saw there were others of this exact card autod and were UDA. Once I talk to the guy I should have more info, hopefully.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

So I talked with the seller and got a few more pictures. The back has the hologram and number, as an UD Authentic stamp to the right of the hologram. But I still find it really weird its not listed in Beckett but has the holo and stamp. Anyone possibly have any info?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would assume with it not being in Beckett that it was a USA direct card and not a pack insert.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagCards View Post
I would assume with it not being in Beckett that it was a USA direct card and not a pack insert.
Does that draw less interest to people? Is it more rare, less? Than his /2500 auto from the same product in '94
Old 07-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

-As i said before, with the info you have it is legit. Either BIN or trade, but it appears you have a legit auto. What other questions did you have?

lobo_hacker
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Some sort of value would be nice to know aswell. I dont want to get taken on this and find out its not as rare/valuable as I think it might be or for some other reason. Theres his /2500 auto from the same product and year that sells for around 150-200ish and is listed on Beckett. The guys asking for a decent amount more than this.

Do you think people would find this item more desirable than the /2500?

edit. take a look at this lobo_hacker. I found this one on worthpoint that seems to come a UD buyback COA, but the one Im interested in doesnt.

1994 Ted Williams Autograph / Auto Card

Theres also ones that look like they come with a different kind of coa than the above, not really sure what it is. (click the picture itself and then the next tab to see the other scans of what Im talking about)

Lot of 4) Ted Williams Auto Mickey Mantle & Yogi Berra

Can you make anything of this?

Last edited by randomhereoh; 07-24-2011 at 08:07 PM.
randomhereoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well, I sold one of these less than a month ago on ebay for $265:

Ted Williams Upper Deck AUTOGRAPH card UDA COA | eBay

It should come with a matching UDA COA, and based on the COA, it appears to have been sold directly by UD and was not pack inserted. The ones you normally see that are numbered out of 2500 also appear to have been sold directly by UD based on the COA that comes with them, so I would value them around the same:

This one was pack inserted, and thus I would value it more than the other two:

Hope that helps!
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Well, I sold one of these less than a month ago on ebay for $265:

Ted Williams Upper Deck AUTOGRAPH card UDA COA | eBay

It should come with a matching UDA COA, and based on the COA, it appears to have been sold directly by UD and was not pack inserted. The ones you normally see that are numbered out of 2500 also appear to have been sold directly by UD based on the COA that comes with them, so I would value them around the same:

This one was pack inserted, and thus I would value it more than the other two:

Hope that helps!
Aggies this was a tremendous help. The pictures you showed in the link were exactly what I was hoping to find but couldnt before. The seller was needing $350. Now that I know it should come with all the extra COAs I dont think that price is to fitting. I appreciate your post. Thanks again and I wish you still had it to sell to me! Anymore Ted Williams?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

-Glad the mystery is solved!

lobo_hacker
Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

haha Thanks guys I really appreciate the posts, saved me some $ so now I can load up on football.