Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Default ginter pacman auto question

sell it now or wait till he wins his big match next year. if he wins that match the price of his auto will go up.

also how to sell it bin with bo ?

i know there was already a thread on this i just can't find it. all help is appreciated.
pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to whywhy

i would sell now because he is going to have a bunch more autos in other sets, and ginter hype is pretty high too, imo just do a .99 auction and let it ride
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Get the thing graded and let it come back a 9.5 BGS...Then you will get a premium for it and it will sell for around 1200...it will only cost you 45 bucks to get it graded and if something happens it doesn't turn out a 9.5 or better you could always break it out of the case pretty easy.
Jrod1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod1022 View Post
Get the thing graded and let it come back a 9.5 BGS...Then you will get a premium for it and it will sell for around 1200...it will only cost you 45 bucks to get it graded and if something happens it doesn't turn out a 9.5 or better you could always break it out of the case pretty easy.
This really doesn't make a lot of sense. Grading best serves its purpose when there is a large population of the cards and you want yours to stand out above the rest or there are well known flaws with the production of cards and you happened to get an exceptionally clean one (for example this 2010 Bowman Chrome ). While BGS 9.5/10's certainly carry a premium I highly doubt it will significantly increase the value on the Pacquiao auto.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

A&G doesn't seem like a set to me where condition is ever really an issue since the mini itself is basically encased in the card so grading shouldn't make that much of a difference. On the flip side, I'd imagine people would be more willing to open their wallets for a 9.5/10

Collection Bucket: http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/dachman/James%20Starks%20PC/
Busting Packs PC Profile: http://www.bustingpacks.com/pc-profile/james-starks
dachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

1 retail pack pretty lame

why dont you just search more packs for more pacquiaos so you have more options on selling styles
Old 07-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack View Post
sell it now or wait till he wins his big match next year. if he wins that match the price of his auto will go up.

also how to sell it bin with bo ?

i know there was already a thread on this i just can't find it. all help is appreciated.
Sell it now, then I hope you get a scumbag buyer who will put a chargeback on you and you lose the money and the card. No one here is going to go out of their way to help you with your "searched" pacman card.

The fact you search the packs when you buy them makes you a douchebag. No one likes to or wants to hear your stories. It pisses people off in here that pay good money and enjoy the hobby. The fact that you do not see what's wrong inherently with what you do is a even bigger problem.

The one bright spot of your video is that from the background of your video you appear to live in some sort of trailer or dilapidated house. So hopefully karma is already playing a small part in all this.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post
Would you give it a rest? Ok, you think the guy is a piece of #@#@#@#@ because he got to walmart before you did.

Enough already
Really has nothing to do about when he got to wal-mart, it's what he did at wal-mart which is what you are failing to see...
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Isn't this how these threads always end? Guy pulls a big hit by packsearching. Gets nailed by everyone here for packsearching despite several attempts to justify it. Gets friend to come on forum to defend said packsearching. Everyone still nails them, friend & packsearcher eventually get frustrated and just leave.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

One thing I will say in defense of the OP. From his videos it all seems pretty innocent like it's the thing to do. Maybe he just doesn't know how looked down on this type of behavior is in the hobby. If the responses he has gotten from his posts does anything to change his view towards pack searching then that would be a good thing. Who knows though?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
One thing I will say in defense of the OP. From his videos it all seems pretty innocent like it's the thing to do. Maybe he just doesn't know how looked down on this type of behavior is in the hobby. If the responses he has gotten from his posts does anything to change his view towards pack searching then that would be a good thing. Who knows though?
if you know how to pack search, 9/10 times you know its wrong
Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

sell it now, the ginter hype is big and the value willl only go down as the days move on and more products with his auto come out
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Packsearchers are douchbags who are just stealing from the children who go to walmart/target with their mothers begging to get packs with hopes of pulling something nice which in turn would hepl make them a lifetime collector like us. Moral of the story Packsearching hurts the future of the hobby,
Old 07-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Great Manny Puhk-eye-oh auto pull...dope.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjohnson View Post
Packsearchers are douchbags who are just stealing from the children who go to walmart/target with their mothers begging to get packs with hopes of pulling something nice which in turn would hepl make them a lifetime collector like us. Moral of the story Packsearching hurts the future of the hobby,

EXACTLY... i couldn't tell you how many times my gf's kid and i bought packs and got nothing, thanks to people like this bunghole. until finally one day i saw some guy doing it, then wised up, started going to the local card shop. good place to make friends if you don't pack search.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Can the packs in the blasters be searched? Like re-sealing?

If so, that makes me even less comfortable buying retail.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I am going to win that card if it goes to auction and then file a credit card charge back so I can scam the scam artist pack searcher. And isnt it convenient he couldn't find that topic. It's amazing how stupid people think the world wont catch on.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 07-24-2011 at 07:56 PM.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
I am going to win that card if it goes to auction and then file a credit card charge back so I can scam the scam artist pack searcher. And isnt it convenient he couldn't find that topic. It's amazing how stupid people think the world wont catch on.
I'm not selling it until next year when pacman wins his big match
pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure what ever meth you have cooking in your bathroom will burn your trailer and card down long before he wins anything.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx11 View Post
I'm sure what ever meth you have cooking in your bathroom will burn your trailer and card down long before he wins anything.
Amen...also, how long did it take you to figure out that Manny Puh-cay-oh was a boxer?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

Lmao at redsoxx11
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Right because that is a great plan. When you get charged with a felony, I hope he uses this as evidence against you, because this post alone would probably bury you. Let the pack-searcher do his thing, it's not like anything you, me, or anyone else will say will get him to change his ways.
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you sure about that? Are do you want me to go ahead and prove how I know that you have the card selling for auction right now on Ebay, and have been since BEFORE this post?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Are you sure about that? Are do you want me to go ahead and prove how I know that you have the card selling for auction right now on Ebay, and have been since BEFORE this post?
I'm already watching his auction under one of my 4 dummy Ebay accounts . Good luck trying to catch me if I win this card using this post. The internet is a tricky tricky place. Packsearcher justice is coming!!!!! If I were you I;d pull that auction down and let the heat cool off. Maybe create a new Ebay account to sell it with. Wow what a can of worms you have opened .
Old 07-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #25 (permalink)

ASIDE from the fact that you did pack search, I'll try to answer the question as best I can. I don't think you should get the card graded. You'll rarely find ginter cards graded, and when they are, the added value barely matches the $45 BGS graded fee. I'd also advise you to sell now. The ginger hype is nearing it's end, and you could actually LOSE money if you wait until mannys next fight to sell. Nonetheless, pack searching in no case is acceptable, nor will it ever be. I don't wish death to you like some of these other people do, I just hope you understand you did something quite neglected in the card collecting community. You made a mistake, and you'll have to face the concequences.

Last edited by GoJays; 07-25-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Missed a point
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote