Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to whywhy
Default Topps lineage auto reprints- good or bad?

I know this set does have some nice hof autos and a lot are all retired but most of these guys are all players that only played a few years, and have like a 4.5 career era in a few seasons, or low to mid .200 hitters

ex.

Tony Bartirome- 1 year with pittsburgh with a .220 avg
bob kelly- 4 seasons 4.5 era
joe presko- 6 seasons 4.61 era
bob usher- 6 seasons .235 avg
howie judson- 7 seasons 4.29 era
ed erautt- 6 seasons 4.86 era

there are many more

and if almost all boxes are going to have these guys I really don't want to buy this product, what do you guys think? will the hof balance it out?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

To me it resembles Topps Heritage Real One autos. Most of those guys are no-namers.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to whywhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
To me it resembles Topps Heritage Real One autos. Most of those guys are no-namers.
what do you think they will sell for?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Aren't these the guys signing reprints of their '52 Topps cards? Exactly what they will sell for is not possible to know yet, but they won't be "scrub" autos.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Collectors may like them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Aren't these the guys signing reprints of their '52 Topps cards? Exactly what they will sell for is not possible to know yet, but they won't be "scrub" autos.
Most of these guys are elderly and haven't signed a certified card yet. Some collectors may like that when collecting teams and sets of autos.
I'd guess some of these men have signed through the mail during their years but that's different, imho. They may not command a big price but should be cool additions.

VinnyH
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I get the impression a lot of people here are not yet sold on Lineage yet, and that may be true of some hobby shops too. From past expierence it seems that when people are unsure of a new release it ends up being great and I think that is what we will see with this. We know what Marquee and Tier 1 offer and it's a safe assumption those will be good, but I have a feeling Topps will out do themselves on Lineage and surprise a lot of people. IMO
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tony Bartirome was the trainer for the Pirates for several years, including the 1979 World Series Championship year. Maybe it's just that my expectations for Topps have bottomed out, but I'd be happy pulling his autograph.
gmarutiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I get the impression a lot of people here are not yet sold on Lineage yet, and that may be true of some hobby shops too. From past expierence it seems that when people are unsure of a new release it ends up being great and I think that is what we will see with this. We know what Marquee and Tier 1 offer and it's a safe assumption those will be good, but I have a feeling Topps will out do themselves on Lineage and surprise a lot of people. IMO
If tons of people don't pre-order massive amounts of cases like A&G and Platinum I think it will be pretty good. If its a surprise upon release like Gypsy Queen I want to be one of the limited amount of sellers. I'm keeping to myself with this one and don't really care what people say about it before release. I remember panicing with Gypsy Queen because a little after pre-ordering my case everybody started flaming it...I made enough money back to buy 2 cases and keep some change. Maybe it will be gold, maybe it will be a flop, we'll just have to find out after release. What I have gathered from the past is that it seems new products do pretty well but there is a lot of negative criticism surrounded by them.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote