Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #76 (permalink)

Harden is perfect for the what Sox need, we have 2 aces already and a 3rd very good starter when he comes back.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #77 (permalink)

if they do and don't get Ubaldo , i think they could be in trouble. they would not get by the phillies. i think they get there butyou know good pitching beats good hitting
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #78 (permalink)

harden is a good pitcher but is always hurt
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #79 (permalink)

lars anderson and player to be name later for harden. sounds done
Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-I have officially designated my Pomeranz autos for a barn burning next week, everyone bring chocolate bars and marshmallows for smores.

lobo_hacker, who hates this trade for the future prospects on pomeranz
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #81 (permalink)

You guys take prospects too seriously. For all we know Pomeranz and White may never make the majors or just turn out to be mediocre.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #82 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettCollecta View Post
You guys take prospects too seriously. For all we know Pomeranz and White may never make the majors or just turn out to be mediocre.
Bingo... I love this trade as a tribe fan. Alex White already can't stay healthy and will end up being a closer which they have no need for right now. They get a lock down ace for 2.5 years at next to nothing money wise. Pomeranz isn't going to be a CC type starter. He will project to a Greg Swindell type but never a front line ace starter.

This move wasn't just made for this year. The Tribe has shown they are ready to compete the next two years and you need a lock down ace for that to happen. The Giants showed last year all it takes is to get hot in the playoffs to win the title. Pitching wins games in the playoffs and the Tribe just got the best piece out there.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #83 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

I agree ubaldo was the best SP available ... I just dont see him as an ace, especially not in the AL. I suppose if the Indians add more in th offseason maybe they'll have a legit shot at contending next year but I just can't see them being a serious threat in 2011. I am however glad ubaldo went to them instead of Detroit, LAA, Texas or NY.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Source confirms Matt McBride is in an Akron hospital with eye fracture ball struck him during BP Friday. Holding up Jimenez trade.
web 7/31/11 3:01 PM
Retweeted by BenBadler
Interesting. Doubt it amounts to much.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #85 (permalink)

Will Pomeranz be able to pitch for akron the next month. or does he just wait till he can be traded
S.Gallagherfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #86 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Bingo... I love this trade as a tribe fan. Alex White already can't stay healthy and will end up being a closer which they have no need for right now. They get a lock down ace for 2.5 years at next to nothing money wise. Pomeranz isn't going to be a CC type starter. He will project to a Greg Swindell type but never a front line ace starter.

This move wasn't just made for this year. The Tribe has shown they are ready to compete the next two years and you need a lock down ace for that to happen. The Giants showed last year all it takes is to get hot in the playoffs to win the title. Pitching wins games in the playoffs and the Tribe just got the best piece out there.
Finally a post that makes some sense.

I'm a Tribe season ticket holder and I was pumped to see what Pomeranz could do - but he might just be some huge bust - no one knows - the Tribe have been burned too many times (Miller anyone??) to not get a true #1 that they can afford. White is nothing more then a BOR guy at best - probably a reliever. He's good - but he isn't a "break" the trade guy.

Ubaldo isn't some free agent "hired gun" the Tribe got either - you don't pass on a legit #1 that is locked down for this season and 2 more seasons at rock bottom prices.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Finally a post that makes some sense.

I'm a Tribe season ticket holder and I was pumped to see what Pomeranz could do - but he might just be some huge bust - no one knows - the Tribe have been burned too many times (Miller anyone??) to not get a true #1 that they can afford. White is nothing more then a BOR guy at best - probably a reliever. He's good - but he isn't a "break" the trade guy.

Ubaldo isn't some free agent "hired gun" the Tribe got either - you don't pass on a legit #1 that is locked down for this season and 2 more seasons at rock bottom prices.
Ubaldo has been a "legit #1" for all of half a season. He is far from a known commodity. Prospects are always a craphsoot but if you are going to give up your very best you want it to be for close to a sure thing. This one will be an interesting one to look at 3 years from now to see how it all shook out
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #88 (permalink)

My biggest concern on Ubaldo would be the NL to AL switch. Very different leagues.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
My biggest concern on Ubaldo would be the NL to AL switch. Very different leagues.
True, but at the same time wouldn't it help that he isn't pitching half his games in Coors Field?