Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Now with the Dust Settled: Marquee or Lineage?

As I count the days until the release of Bowman Chrome. I was thinking of ordering a couple of boxes of something to fill the void until October. Marquee or Lineage? What are you going with and why?
stehlikstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

why dont you go drool over your platinum mojo and wait and see when there released or we can do a topic a day to if that is better
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah you were all over platinum this year, and it was terrible

If you didn't pull a Harper this year your odds of making money were not very good at all

Collecting: Sonny Gray
TheCardKid3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Money here is an obvious factor. When I look at Lineage, I think of a cheap version of Archives. While Archives was a very nice product, IMO Topps isn't putting a whole lot of effort into Lineage. From the looks of it, it's going to be a mass produced product with many of duds and only a handful of cards worth pulling.

As much as I would love to brag about Marquee, it's way to early to tell being the checklist is liable to change and it may just be filled with a bunch of plain jerseys with "patches" that are hardly 2 color. If we see some 2009 UD Ultimate Collection type patches, then I would say this will be a pretty good buy with nice potential.
spencer2986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I think were losing the point. It's Marquee or Lineage. If you are pissed at me for showing Bowman Platinum love, then TOUGH COOKIES. Sorry, I did really well on my case. Harper AUTO. Double case USA hits and Double Triple Auto major hits. Don't hate me for that. If you have issues with me then let's talk via a PM. Keep your issues off this board. It's not professional. This is a business, guys...all business!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer2986 View Post
Money here is an obvious factor. When I look at Lineage, I think of a cheap version of Archives. While Archives was a very nice product, IMO Topps isn't putting a whole lot of effort into Lineage. From the looks of it, it's going to be a mass produced product with many of duds and only a handful of cards worth pulling.
This sounds a lot what people were originally saying about Gypsy Queen.. and look at it now.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Did Gypsy ever fix those shortage AUTO problems? I'm not worried about a bait and switch when in comes to Marquee/Lineage.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stehlikstallion View Post
Did Gypsy ever fix those shortage AUTO problems? I'm not worried about a bait and switch when in comes to Marquee/Lineage.
All you had to do was mail in a UPC from a Hobby Box and they made good quickly.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
As I count the days until the release of Bowman Chrome. I was thinking of ordering a couple of boxes of something to fill the void until October. Marquee or Lineage? What are you going with and why?
you will be disappointed with Bowman Chrome........... put your money into Draft.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
you will be disappointed with Bowman Chrome........... put your money into Draft.
I wonder if it will have that Hellacious curve this year
Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I think were losing the point. It's Marquee or Lineage. If you are pissed at me for showing Bowman Platinum love, then TOUGH COOKIES. Sorry, I did really well on my case. Harper AUTO. Double case USA hits and Double Triple Auto major hits. Don't hate me for that. If you have issues with me then let's talk via a PM. Keep your issues off this board. It's not professional. This is a business, guys...all business!
no its not, its a forum.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

if this is a business id be doing my own research not asking a bunch of people you dont even know.. its a forum for public discussion and there is already multiple discussions on this same thread
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

...I thought this was a hobby?
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
...I thought this was a hobby?
can't have one without the other.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
can't have one without the other.
True, I guess. The OP said "all business," though - I have trouble believing this even for a second.
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm giving Lineage a chance and I feel that the more people who talk $h!t about it, the better. People are interested in the idea so I'd be fine being one of the only sellers. Instead of buying cases some people may rather just pick up sets and possibly some autos. This means there won't be tons of sellers putting up sets and bringing the price down, rather I'll be one of the few sellers that people will buy from. Prices of cards go down when everybody decides to rip and flip and put their stuff up immediately. So less sellers, the better. Considering not so many people are pre-ordering, Topps may not over-produce this like Bowman Platinum and Allen & Ginter. First year products can be really good or may flop. I don't think it will be a flop.

I'll be getting my case early because I did first day shipping. I'll try to get my stuff up quickly. First I'll post the results up on here so people can make their own decision. I'm rolling the dice. Marquee may be good or not but I'm just not interested in high-end products.
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'm giving Lineage a chance and I feel that the more people who talk $h!t about it, the better. People are interested in the idea so I'd be fine being one of the only sellers. Instead of buying cases some people may rather just pick up sets and possibly some autos. This means there won't be tons of sellers putting up sets and bringing the price down, rather I'll be one of the few sellers that people will buy from. Prices of cards go down when everybody decides to rip and flip and put their stuff up immediately. So less sellers, the better. Considering not so many people are pre-ordering, Topps may not over-produce this like Bowman Platinum and Allen & Ginter. First year products can be really good or may flop. I don't think it will be a flop.

I'll be getting my case early because I did first day shipping. I'll try to get my stuff up quickly. First I'll post the results up on here so people can make their own decision. I'm rolling the dice. Marquee may be good or not but I'm just not interested in high-end products.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

lol I'm sure most people are thinking the same thing which means there actually will be a lot of it up on ebay.
pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
This sounds a lot what people were originally saying about Gypsy Queen.. and look at it now.
Gypsy Queen was never in the spot-light and somewhat of a sleeper product. There were actually a lot of good cards to be had but for whatever reason, the pre-sale of a new product steered people away until release and the demand went up instantly from everyone all of a sudden buying who missed out on pre-sales.

Lineage will do the same thing as A&G if I were to guess. Go up a little before release, go up a little after release, then start to settle down again after a few weeks of being out.

Marquee like I stated earlier, it is an all "wishful thinking" type product. If there are no dramatic changes from here on out, count on some Tribute deja vu
spencer2986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

Marquee and Lineage are 2 insanely different products.
So, it depends what you're trying to do.
Lineage is a good case break product and Marquee is your typical high end gamble product.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote