Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trip to Rome Braves auto/game used success

last week took son to the real Braves game and struck out on autos so this week we headed down to the Rome Braves to watch them play Kannapolis Intimidators. Got their at 6 when gates opened and headed down towards braves duguout on 3rd base side. Yes third base side never seen that before but this is a great venue for autos as the players tunnel to dugout comes right past the seats and had numerous auto chances.. Every player was supernice and willing to sign. We took a cheap braves ball and had signed but just about everyone. The 3 targets we had were Carlos Perez,Matt Lipka, and Edward Salcedo. We scored all three Lipka and Perez on their 1st bowman chromes and Sacedo on a ticket stub. Great full auto, he only signed about half of it on the ball. Wish I had remembered to bring a Sean Gilmartin card but next time... We got him on the ball. So after all players came through we went down towards LF and when they were done warming up Pitcher Danilo Alveraz gave him a ball and signed it for him.. Think id rather just had the game used ball haha, This is our 2nd different minor league game used ball for our collection(southern and south Atlantic leagues)
So on to the game.. Was pretty good game Braves made a great comeback but fell short in 10 innings. on a blast to CF by the Kannapolis 1st baseman..

After the game went back towards LF in hopes of getting anything from the players. Well the Braves headed to locker room quickly upset over loss so we headed to visiting team and last guy through finally hooked us up with his batting gloves.. Wish we got him to sign but he had his hands full and we were just grateful to got anything.. Looked up his # 24 and it was Tracye Thompson one of the only guys i had heard of the Kannoplis team(whitesox affiliate)..Needless to say son was very thrilled.. We will be keeping these in hopes of seeing him again next season to have them signed

For a 1st trip to the Rome ball park I was very impressed very fan friendly park and was very very easy to get autographs, even from Pitchers which is typically hard b/c i know at our local AA team they dont always come out same way as the position players do,
Enjoy the pics...
oh and btw used the baby powder on the chrome cards and it worked perfect Great tip..

almost forgot the best part cheerleaders at a baseball game

JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

heres the Lipka and perez cards
Lipka's defense was very impressive very toolsy lots of range and athleticism

Old 08-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

very cool story...i love getting IP autos
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice Score, I got some Nick Franklin Batting gloves from the MWL ASG last year. The only photo match I can find is under his glove tho.
jtrinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
very cool story...i love getting IP autos
yea it is fun got one more home series for the local AA team here hoping for a few more game used items.. we shall see!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

You bumped your own thread within 24 hours where is BamBam
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
You bumped your own thread within 24 hours where is BamBam
are you really that childish? and that rule is in b/s/t i guess its okay that someone breaks a rule but when called out the person calling them out is the bad guy? grow up and go troll elsewhere
Old 08-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

It's NOT bumping if he is responding to another comment. Learn the rules troll and stop screwing up a good, heartwarming post.

Anyway................ Great story man. I'm an autograph hound myself, but I don't have a kid to take right now in my life. The good Lord hasn't blessed me with one yet, but I'm hoping He does one day. I attend lots of minor league games in NOLA and it's fun seeing all the kids run up and get the players autographs. I have pretty good success at the AAA level, but I have tremendous luck when I went to Mobile for two games. AA of Arizona. Seems like AA players and below will sign till they can't sign anymore. I guess it's because most of them haven't been corrupted by the major leagues quite yet. Like Paul Goldschmidt signed all 6 cards I had in one try. I heard now that he's made the majors that he will only sign 1. How quickly the majors changes a persons mindset. Well thanks again for sharing your story and good luck in the rest of the season. I know NOLA starts their final four home games tomorrow and I'll be at 3 of the 4, maybe all four.

BTW: what is your local AA team?