Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default Excited for Thursday

I get a call from my friend telling me that Stephen Strasburg is pitching Thursday and Pudge is supposed to catch for the Harrisburg Senators (15 mins away). So i jump online to look at tickets and see they have all you can eat seats for 16$ out by Harrisburg's bullpen. Now i am stoked to go

anyone have tips for me on getting Stephen Strasburg's auto? I think I am going to play the "sign this for my daughter" maneuver which isn't really a lie because i plan on passing my memorabilia collection to her
any other ideas?

also is Bryce Harper going to be back by then?
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,644
Default

Harper's out for the year I believe.

Honestly, I doubt you'll be able to get anywhere near Strasburg but I could be wrong.
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,657
Default

Harper will not be back, he is done for the year. I am not sure if he is traveling with the team though. Good luck with the Strasburg auto.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
illadelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 4,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
I get a call from my friend telling me that Stephen Strasburg is pitching Thursday and Pudge is supposed to catch for the Harrisburg Senators (15 mins away). So i jump online to look at tickets and see they have all you can eat seats for 16$ out by Harrisburg's bullpen. Now i am stoked to go

anyone have tips for me on getting Stephen Strasburg's auto? I think I am going to play the "sign this for my daughter" maneuver which isn't really a lie because i plan on passing my memorabilia collection to her
any other ideas?

also is Bryce Harper going to be back by then?
Who cares about baseball when you can eat an unlimited number of hot dogs??
__________________
Collecting Taylor Hawkins Colored Refractors

My apologies to our neighbors in the North, but I only ship inside the US
illadelf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Harper will not be back, he is done for the year. I am not sure if he is traveling with the team though. Good luck with the Strasburg auto.
it's a home game wasnt sure if he would be there or not

and thanks i fully intend on doing what it takes (including flaunting my 17 month old lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelf View Post
Who cares about baseball when you can eat an unlimited number of hot dogs??
haha i can put them down too we did an all you can eat at the Orioles too and i pretty much tripled my ticket cost in food
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
SUOrange350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,182
Default

For the auto, he won't sign in the ballpark. Your best bet is waiting outside of the clubhouse for him to come out. It might be a few hours, but it might pay off. When he had his start at Syracuse, he came out Of the clubhouse at midnight, and signed for everybody there. Hope this helps! Good luck!







Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
I get a call from my friend telling me that Stephen Strasburg is pitching Thursday and Pudge is supposed to catch for the Harrisburg Senators (15 mins away). So i jump online to look at tickets and see they have all you can eat seats for 16$ out by Harrisburg's bullpen. Now i am stoked to go

anyone have tips for me on getting Stephen Strasburg's auto? I think I am going to play the "sign this for my daughter" maneuver which isn't really a lie because i plan on passing my memorabilia collection to her
any other ideas?

also is Bryce Harper going to be back by then?
__________________
http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/SUOrange350/
SUOrange350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Ryan T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,113
Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.
Default

Most pitchers won't sign on before the game on a day they're starting.
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOrange350 View Post
For the auto, he won't sign in the ballpark. Your best bet is waiting outside of the clubhouse for him to come out. It might be a few hours, but it might pay off. When he had his start at Syracuse, he came out Of the clubhouse at midnight, and signed for everybody there. Hope this helps! Good luck!
That's really awesome that he signed for everyone there. How many items did he sign per person and roughly how many people waited there for him?
__________________
Current Sets: 2012 and 2013 Elite Hard Hats Autographs and 2012 and 2013 Elite Hard Hats
http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/obenheimer/
obenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Most pitchers won't sign on before the game on a day they're starting.
This is also very good advice. More often than not, the visiting pitchers will not sign, but sometimes the home team guy will. However, being Strasburg, and with as popular as he is, I'm almost 100% sure he won't sign the day he's starting, even at home. I wouldn't give up hope and I would still call out his name as he walks by, but don't expect him to stop.

Like a previous post said, try to get him after the game, if you don't mind keeping your daughter out that late. Good luck and try to get Pudge as he walks to the bullpen to warm up with Stephen.
__________________
Current Sets: 2012 and 2013 Elite Hard Hats Autographs and 2012 and 2013 Elite Hard Hats
http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/obenheimer/
obenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Laxbam619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,693
Default

I doubt harper is even in the state of pennslyvannia at this point he's either in washington or their flordia spring training facility rehabbing with their best trainers and doctors, not the AA staff

As for Strasburg, dont plan on getting him to sign when he is getting the start that day...he will be busy preping and doing his pregame throwing so I highly doubt he'll sign before the game...but as another member said its a good shot you'll get him after the game while leaving the clubhouse.

regardless have a good time and enjoy the game, and the unlimited food! lol
__________________
- RYAN
Bucket: http://sports.webshots.com/album/578914478jSzeie?start=12
LOOKING FOR:
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
crow085723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
I get a call from my friend telling me that Stephen Strasburg is pitching Thursday and Pudge is supposed to catch for the Harrisburg Senators (15 mins away). So i jump online to look at tickets and see they have all you can eat seats for 16$ out by Harrisburg's bullpen. Now i am stoked to go
Have a great time at the game on Thursday. I only live about 1/2 hour away from Harrisburg but I missed all of the StrasburgMania last year because he was only with the Senators for such a short amount of time before he was promotoed to AAA Syracuse.

Let me know how the game was and more importantly how the food tastes!!
crow085723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 8,182
Default

According to Scott Boras, Harper very much wants to play in the EL playoffs and that his hamstring is better, so I guess we'll see.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
I doubt harper is even in the state of pennslyvannia at this point he's either in washington or their flordia spring training facility rehabbing with their best trainers and doctors, not the AA staff

As for Strasburg, dont plan on getting him to sign when he is getting the start that day...he will be busy preping and doing his pregame throwing so I highly doubt he'll sign before the game...but as another member said its a good shot you'll get him after the game while leaving the clubhouse.

regardless have a good time and enjoy the game, and the unlimited food! lol
He was on the bench last night shooting the sh*t with Strasburg, saw the clip on the news.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
According to Scott Boras, Harper very much wants to play in the EL playoffs and that his hamstring is better, so I guess we'll see.
Yea last I heard he was on the 7 day DL and was gonna come back but of course that was local news that said that... anything to bring people to the hometown teams stands
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
220sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 782
Default

Strasburg said this past week that he has been requested by the Nats to sign at least 20 autographs a day. So you have a chance!!
__________________
I collect RGIII !!!
220sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220sports View Post
Strasburg said this past week that he has been requested by the Nats to sign at least 20 autographs a day. So you have a chance!!
Let's hope so lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow085723 View Post
Have a great time at the game on Thursday. I only live about 1/2 hour away from Harrisburg but I missed all of the StrasburgMania last year because he was only with the Senators for such a short amount of time before he was promotoed to AAA Syracuse.

Let me know how the game was and more importantly how the food tastes!!

Thanks.... I missed it last year too but I'm excited to see him pitch
and of course i will let you know how food taste


Oh yea I forgot to tell everyone the best part of thursdays game...
COWBOY MONKEYS
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
SUOrange350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obenheimer View Post
That's really awesome that he signed for everyone there. How many items did he sign per person and roughly how many people waited there for him?
1 per person and probably around 50 people were still there
__________________
http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/SUOrange350/
SUOrange350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
solo92s10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 382
Default

I will be there! Can't wait got seats right behind homeplate
__________________
***REAL NATS FAN SINCE 06***
Looking for any Washington Nationals autos and patch cards
solo92s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo92s10 View Post
I will be there! Can't wait got seats right behind homeplate
very nice my tickets are outfield but all you can eat or i probably would have gotten better seats

local carlisle person nice
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

i sent the harrisburg senators a message on facebook asking if or when he is coming back and they replied "There is no timetable on his return" so it could be tonight or not this year...

sucks because we will be in right field second row was hoping to maybe get a ball from him
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Boo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post

Oh yea I forgot to tell everyone the best part of thursdays game...
COWBOY MONKEYS
^^^^^^^^^+1
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

game was great Pudge hit a homer and someone hit a homer right over my head
food was iffy and they didnt include drinks in the all you can eat =(
my daughter wasnt too thrilled about being out past bedtime so we left in the 8th inning
no autos but thats ok because it was a good time

oh yea...

COWBOY MONKEYS RULED
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
and they didnt include drinks in the all you can eat
Classic sales move. Darn them.
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
gatordeve86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Classic sales move. Darn them.
yea and it was 3.25 for a 20oz soda when the vending machine just outside the stadium had them for 1.25 lol

but it was all good i got some decent stuff on sale in gift shop... Senators fitted for 16 and 2 Strasburg 8x10s for $1 each..

they had a ton of game used stuff for sale including a nameplate off of one of Pudge's jersey which was sadly gone before i could find the wife
__________________
WTB: Gators signed mini helmets
06 08 Champs inscription would be bonus
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.