Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Quick Question about 2008 Bowman Chrome

I am interested in getting into the Blowout Football Promotion and was considering buying a 6-box lot of 2008 Bowman Chrome. I realize there are some good players, but were there a lot of redemptions? Or does anyone know if this would be a decent break? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

one of the big draw backs is the fact that the Jesus Montero AU was a redemption as was the Wilmer AU
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
one of the big draw backs is the fact that the Jesus Montero AU was a redemption as was the Wilmer AU
I believe those were in draft not chrome.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Be careful. A LOT of the good chrome rookies are either in BOWMAN or BOWMAN DRAFT. The top autos in BOWMAN CHROME are Mat Latos, Jordan Zimmerman, Austin Jackson , Brennan Boesch , Bud Norris, and Lars Anderson. Thats about it. On the plus side, Carlos Santana, Joey Votto Chrome RCs, Evan Longoria Chrome RCs, and some other decent prospects. Only 1 redemption that I can think of and thats for Villenuia who was a great prospect for SF but is facing murder charges and has no visa. So your safe there.....

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
Be careful. A LOT of the good chrome rookies are either in BOWMAN or BOWMAN DRAFT. The top autos in BOWMAN CHROME are Mat Latos, Jordan Zimmerman, Austin Jackson , Brennan Boesch , Bud Norris, and Lars Anderson. Thats about it. On the plus side, Carlos Santana, Joey Votto Chrome RCs, Evan Longoria Chrome RCs, and some other decent prospects. Only 1 redemption that I can think of and thats for Villenuia who was a great prospect for SF but is facing murder charges and has no visa. So your safe there.....
That's what I was concerned about. I looked on ebay and saw Mike Stanton and a few other big names, but they are probably in Draft. I may stay away from this...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mass produced and not very good, there is a reason it is dirt cheap, I would shy far, far away.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
Mass produced and not very good, there is a reason it is dirt cheap, I would shy far, far away.
I'm thinking you are right. I just wish there were some other things to choose from for the promo.