Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshowboy View Post
how did he NOT pay the shipping is the question, redsox?

the invoice should have shown the total so how did hew pay less than the invoice?
well sir, since you are set out to prove I made some kind of mistake, let me explain it, since you don't yet understand, okay?

he claims when he bid he saw "free shipping", yet I was perplexed as to how or why, since I posted s/h at $2. then a kind soul on this thread mentioned about smartphones not reading ebay pages accurately re s/h, listing the option of free shipping to them-- IF they do a local pickup, which he obviously did not see. he simply wanted the card, bid on it, and went no further.

I sent the invoice and copied it to myself, which states $2 s/h. I assume he didn't bother reading it, as he thought he knew what he owed already. Then, when he got paid at work last night, which was 6 days after the auction ended, he somehow paid without the s/h included-- yet I have no idea how that happened and don't care to ask him.
REDSOX2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSOX2011 View Post
well sir, since you are set out to prove I made some kind of mistake, let me explain it, since you don't yet understand, okay?

he claims when he bid he saw "free shipping", yet I was perplexed as to how or why, since I posted s/h at $2. then a kind soul on this thread mentioned about smartphones not reading ebay pages accurately re s/h, listing the option of free shipping to them-- IF they do a local pickup, which he obviously did not see. he simply wanted the card, bid on it, and went no further.

I sent the invoice and copied it to myself, which states $2 s/h. I assume he didn't bother reading it, as he thought he knew what he owed already. Then, when he got paid at work last night, which was 6 days after the auction ended, he somehow paid without the s/h included-- yet I have no idea how that happened and don't care to ask him.
not what i am saying at all. paypal doesnt allow me to "EDIT" the amount i owe for an item i buy off ebay is what i am saying the total amount on the invoice should have said "$101.99" how did he only pay "$99.99" is my question i am not saying you did anything wrong bro. merely trying to find out how the buyer actually paid less what was owed via the listing

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
not what i am saying at all. paypal doesnt allow me to "EDIT" the amount i owe for an item i buy off ebay is what i am saying the total amount on the invoice should have said "$101.99" how did he only pay "$99.99" is my question i am not saying you did anything wrong bro. merely trying to find out how the buyer actually paid less what was owed via the listing
well, sir, that is exactly why I made this thread. you, obviously, are as perplexed now as I was when I made the thread. I can only guess there was some glitch in his phone app if he hit "pay now" on the direct link? i have no idea and it no longer matters. and yes, the invoice read $101.99.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

I can confirm, from multiple buyers, that there is a bug in at least one of the eBay smart phone apps, whereby the app somehow reads the lowest shipping offered (even if that shipping option isn't on the invoice) and uses that when paying.

I've had at least 4 buyers tell me about this when making payments on an invoice while using their smart phones. They told me this after I contacted them asking why they only paid X amount, when the invoice I sent was for X + shipping.

Oh yeah, and make sure to check what go_steelers07 says below, that could totally be the problem too.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 09-06-2011 at 07:30 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
a seller can choose to let the buyer edit the invoice page.... maybe the OP didn't turn that feature off...... bro
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

There is no doubt that you are in the right when comes to the $2.00 shipping charge, but now you have two choices:
  1. Absorb the shipping and ship the card. Close up all of the loop holes on future listings.
  2. Refund the $99.99 to the buyer and instantly receive a negative. This will cost you more money than you ever dreamed of on your future listings.

Quote:
well, sir, that is exactly why I made this thread. you, obviously, are as perplexed now as I was when I made the thread. I can only guess there was some glitch in his phone app if he hit "pay now" on the direct link? i have no idea and it no longer matters. and yes, the invoice read $101.99.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

I will check more settings in future listings. I had no idea it would be so problematic.

In any case, Strasburg has just struck out two in a row in the 2nd inning...with 99 mph heat.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I will check more settings in future listings. I had no idea it would be so problematic.
Account -> Site Preferences -> Payment from Buyers -> Edit -> Buyer Edit Option (make sure the checkbox is unchecked)

If it was already unchecked, then it points to the eBay smart phone app as the problem.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 09-06-2011 at 07:52 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #34 (permalink)

It's $2. Ship him the card, block hom from buying from you in the future and move on. The headache over $2 is just not worth it.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

I'll paypal you 2 bucks if you really need it.
cardinalsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsooner View Post
I'll paypal you 2 bucks if you really need it.
thanks, but I'm all set. Just had never had that happen before and didn't know what the problem was.