Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buyers: BEWARE of Tri-City Sports PL (TCSP)

I'm posting this so that everyone learns from my mistake:

I was at the LCS and decided I wanted to open some product. I sifted through the high end stuff and found two boxes of Tri-City Sports PL (TCSP) "Auto's and Rookie's Graded Football" (that's how it read on the box, first hint...MISSED.) I asked the shop owner what they were and he said that there's one slabbed or graded football card per box... as well as other non graded stuff... Same idea as a product like Leaf Best of Baseball...

Shop owner said he only saw one opened and a Ronnie Brown RC PSA 9 (hint two... MISSED) was pulled... My thoughts were: I can't do any worse than that, right? So I picked up both boxes.

Opened the first box... the unslabbed cards were CRAP... multiple no name base, all stuffed into two re-used penny sleeves. The condition of the cards: terrible. Bad corners, bad edges, scratched surfaces. It seemed like there was sand in between the cards. I'd give you some scans... but you get the idea.

Hit: Suh base RC PSA 9.... I'm thinking okay then next box has to be better...

Opened the second box... same idea with the fillers... all trash.

Hit: Chad Henne base RC PSA 9...

Not only was my hit a Chad Henne base RC... but the case was destroyed... filled with scratches... in particular... over Henne's face where it looks like someone went back and forth with a knife! There was also adhesive left on the case from where a sticker once was.

Also, I'm not one to stomp my feet and cry when I don't get great return in breaking product. I'm all over the hobby... but my niche is high end. For example: I broke a Best of Baseball and got a Griffy Jr. stone auto and a Puckett RC PSA 10. Is it worth the $200+ that I spent on the box? No. WIll I hang on to the Griffey and Puckett for my PC? yup. Do I have fun breaking Leaf BOB and other similar products? yup.

Needless to say... the shop owner, manager, and other customers were in shock. The owner offered to handle the issue through the distributor... I thought that I'd give it a try myself first. I decided to contact the company directly.

I E-mailed TCSP's customer support with my two issues 1.Chad Henne 2.Quality control... they explained that the product is a high end/high risk/high reward product.... yada yada yada, I get it, I get it. I again explained myself and was eventually forwarded to a "floor supervisor." I provided them with photos of the Henne with the PSA number.

I was told that all of their cards are scanned before being placed into the sealed boxes (yes both of mine were sealed with their holograph stickers.) After review I was approved for a "care package."

The contents of the care package:

Two...two... TCSP Bryce Harper Cards... Thanks...

I e-mailed the floor supervisor and explained to him that I was not happy with their version of Bryce Harper. This is what the floor supervisor sent to me:

Sir

You got a care package with Bryce Harper Preview RC /100 (count of 2). If you are not aware those cards have been selling at shops at $10 per card. So basically you got $20 of secondary market value. Recalling your case and our stock scan before pack out and your scan there is a indiscretion because the card didnt have those marks before they where shipped out to be packed out according to the stock scan but i gave you the benfit of the doubt and i approved the care package. I hope that clears things up for you.

Okay... this guy is saying that either the shop or I put the scratches all over the CHAD HENNE card... This also tells me that the Harper cards meant "F-U go away." I may be wrong in my assumption...

I responded by stating that I'm not happy and that TCSP should call the shop and talk with the owner, because he saw me open the box and he saw the HENNE and it's condition coming out of their box... crickets... so that's how this ended up on here.

I kept the LCS owner updated. When he saw their last response to me... the one that I copied and pasted... he contacted the distributor who stated that 1. I wasn't the only one to complain about TCSP and 2. They'll (the distributor) make it up to me. The LCS owner confirmed that they will take good care of me,

Needless to say the LCS won't have any more TCSP product.

IMPORTANT: The distributor told the LCS owner that TCSP is trying to put out another product (which they WILL NOT be distributing.)

I took the time to post my experiences with everyone for a reason. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE. This company is trying to put more product on the market... proceed with caution, please.
onesixtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

So this TCSP isn't a card company but a off the wall company that puts their own boxes together in order to screw the buyer??
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looks like they're trying to put short print Harpers on the market. I don't know what they're trying to do. I haven't dug much deeper. I love the hobby... this company is bad for it.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jeez, look at how awful their site is: News - Tri City Sports PL
marigold55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, can't wait to hear about how the distributor hooks you up, though! :-)
lloydchristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

@marigold - I have an iPhone and didn't even look at that before I purchased the boxes... SO stupid of me

@lloyd - Me too! I'll keep this updated.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

My favorite part of the site HAhaHaHaHaHahahAhhAhaHA

Our Process of Safty for Our Products Recently Tri City Sports PL has done a few interviews and where asked about our safty process so the cards dont get altered in the second market!

All cards have 2 safty items placed on each card to guarentee this wont happen!

1. We have placed a offical Hologram on the back of each card!

2. Each card has a offical "Lite Mark" which is not visible to the naked eye but can be verfied through our main office with our computer system!
AZDbacksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

European company does that just not reek of saftyness to yah LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Too bad you didn't get this box: 2011 Tri-City Sports PL Auto's & Graded Football Box Break - YouTube

Never heard someone so excited to be opening a box. Something tells me he was feed a good box by the company owner though...

Hope you get something good from the distributor. What did you have to pay for those boxes?
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

**update** The floor manager got back to me. They want to give me another box... I really don't feel like chasing the rock again...

@dabaddesthic - 70 and change

@azdbacksfan - if I get more trash out of this next box I'll send them their Chad Henne, Bryce Harpers, and a dictionary.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

is this an actual company?
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Too bad you didn't get this box: 2011 Tri-City Sports PL Auto's & Graded Football Box Break - YouTube

Never heard someone so excited to be opening a box. Something tells me he was feed a good box by the company owner though...

Hope you get something good from the distributor. What did you have to pay for those boxes?
Wow he must work for the company or something haha That guy is ridiculous in that video...
ReidDeGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

LCS owner spoke with the floor manager at TCSP. The company is out of Poland. They are an actual company. I guess that's how they get away with having Bryce Harper cards? I thought Harper belongs to Topps exclusively.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
So this LEAF isn't a card company but a off the wall company that puts their own boxes together in order to screw the buyer??
Did I imagine something similar from 2011 Baseball Offerings?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidDeGoo View Post
Wow he must work for the company or something haha That guy is ridiculous in that video...
Wow, never seen anyone that excited about ANYTHING, much less the decent stuff he pulled hahaha.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

They ripped their logo for the product from 08 UD Premiere footballs box logo.

Last edited by csmtampa; 09-23-2011 at 10:44 PM.
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

After viewing their site and clicking through a few links.......bout barfed a bit. What an awful looking site to end up at.

Really sorry about your experience......did you see the cut autos they have on their site? Man........They are so hideous it should be illegal to put out something so atrocious!

Hiding in Poland huh? Big sports card market up there is there? lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

From the website:
"All our designs are fully copywrited and we will fully proscute any person or party reproducing or altering our products/cards with the FBI/Interpol Fraud Division joint taskforce! We have a 0 Tolerance Policy and we will go to any extent to get max jail sentences for Individauls found doing this! Unlike our competition we find this to be a very big problom in the second market and these are our solutions! "

The website, the company, the written text is all a joke!! lol
dhcollecting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post

LMAO...even if its free that box was garbage. I could make better packs with cards I don't even want. This company is a complete joke and I going to email them and tell them to stay in Europe with this $hit product.
dhcollecting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixtwo View Post
I again explained myself and was eventually forwarded to a "floor supervisor."
First thing I thought of:

That sucks though, but at least it was a lesson learned.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
mik

I read that the baseball product has duel cut autos. these are fighting autos?

I collect Frank Thomas, Chris Sale, Mark Grace, and Matt Kemp.

here's my bucket: http://s1121.photobucket.com/home/mcmikmac/index
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

I know that they're tryign to release another product... they may end up in some of your LCS and you might be curious like I was. I don't want it happening to anyone else. Thanks for the replies.

@jeg - me too bud, I died when I saw that you posted that. My LCS owner spoke with a guy that was "the only one who spoke english."

Anyone finding any good hits with this product?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

good and unfortunately funny read. hope that distributor hooks you up properly for your headaches and hope you have at least got a laugh or two out of it all by now as well
1/1's (23/71 33%)
riveraXVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Hmmm.. a no-name company results in crappy cards? Unbelieveable. Reminds me of those gold and silver foiled non-liscensed MJ cards loser dealers used to sell at shows back in the 90s.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #25 (permalink)

Guys, if you're e-mailing this company please keep it professional. I appreciate an e-mail on my behalf, but please be respectful while expressing your concerns.