Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default First look: 2012 Topps Heritage

First look: 2012 Topps Heritage
October 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Topps formally unveiled the latest chapter in its annual throwback staple, Topps Heritage on Friday, assuring us all that when the calendar moves forward to 2012 that the throwback calendar does, too.

Just like in 1962, the calendar will fall and replacing the wood-bordered cards will be a colorful multi-image release with colorful fronts, bright cardboard stock and even more colorful card backs found on the 1962 design.

Each 24-pack hobby box of Heritage will include one autograph or Relic card when it arrives on March 14.

Read more and we want to know what you think with our poll after the jump.

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll.
The base set will consist of 500 cards in the classic two-photo design with a mix of subsets, highlights, rookies, managers and more. The final 75 cards in the set are short-prints found one per pack. Also back will be the partial parallel Chrome set with 100 cards also found as Refractors and Black Refractors.

The insert card lineup is largely unchanged with New Age Performers, Then and Now, Baseball Flashbacks and News Flashbacks back once again. Meanwhile new inclusions are Topps Stick-Ons cards like those made in 1963 as well as Stick-On buybacks.

Also back are Real One autographs this time with 40 players signing cards as they appeared in the 1963 set or new designs if they are active players. Red inks are back, too, along with Flashback autos and cut signatures. Also returning will be Clubhouse Collection auto Relics and Flashback auto Relics.

New for this set will be a JFK Story 63 Mint Relic a 50-cent piece card and a JFK Story Stamp Collection that showcases stamps featuring John F. Kennedy. In the standard set, there will be seven JFK Story Variation cards that note memorable moments in his life. They will replace World Series Highlights cards on the checklist when found.

Among the Real One signers for the set on the preliminary checklist are Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Jesus Montero, Adrian Gonzalez, Bob Gibson, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Willie McCovey, Orlando Cepeda and 30 more players whose final card appeared in the 1963 set.

Among players set to appear on other signed cards and Relics are Matt Holliday, Pablo Sandoval, Starlin Castro, Frank Robinson, Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Jones, Luis Aparicio and Carl Yastrzemski.

First look: 2012 Topps Heritage (with poll) |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

edit...lol....I think Olds needs to work on a better writeup, it confused me...

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!

Last edited by THE(NEXT)LEVEL; 10-14-2011 at 01:31 PM.
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

looks nice... I like it
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Among the Real One signers for the set on the preliminary checklist are Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Jesus Montero, Adrian Gonzalez, Bob Gibson, Willie Mays, Stan Musial, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Willie McCovey, Orlando Cepeda and 30 more players whose final card appeared in the 1963 set
this part is funny to me. Of course what they won't tell you is that the "30 more players" will be scrubs from that era, and will have signed many many more copies than the names they list

So most of the boxes being broke will have "joe blow" autos and then maybe a case will yield a kershaw, or mays, or montero, gonzalez , etc

im sure ill try a box to test my luck, but ive never been a huge fan of Topps' Heritage stuff

my two cents, so whatever.
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tim

there are so many typos in his article that i wonder if his mentioning that there is one SP per pack is yet another typo or if we are going to actually get SPs one per pack instead of 1:2 packs. I can't imagine it's not just another typo.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I don't really like it. It looks like an insert from I forget which set
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

You should probably delete this thread, Beckett has viruses on their website and this link could directly lead to people's computers getting infected.
dizzydolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

So BO any ides what your presell for a case will be?
edclay is offline   Reply With Quote