Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NPN's

Just a quick question.
I have been sending in NPN's to both Topps and UD for every baseball product for the last 5 months. I have received lots of inserts/parrells from Topps, but not a thing from UD. Am I wasting my stamps on UD?? Does anyone get anything from UD or does it just take a year to get like my redemptions?? Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

To answer your question, sending in to UD is not a waste of time. I send in quite a bit of NPNs for all the big products and usually I get onesies & twosies here and there. Maybe I've been unlucky but I haven't seen any NPNs in a few months from any product. However, I just got an e-mail from Donruss saying I'm getting something in the mail for 2007 Elite FB. What have you gotten in the mail lately?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've been doing npn's for a couple years now and from my experience, Topps products are pretty good about sending something back. With UD, you have to be a lot luckier, it seems to be more of the luck of the draw than anything. Also seems that while it's harder to get them from UD, the cards UD sends out are a little better than (value wise) than Topps.
swish54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
What have you gotten in the mail lately?
Nothing special, In the last 2 weeks I got in a numbered Pedro Martinez Blue parrell from Bowman. A Mike Piazza parrell from Topps two.

I was curious with UD because the stamps are getting expensive for no results. It is fun though to get something totally unexpected in the mail.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

Considering what packs cost these days, 41 cents is the way to go.

UD sends better things less often. I got a plate once from them that I sold for $22. Topps has yet to send me anything that didn't go straight to Sportlots.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default I LUV NPN's

I've been doing NPN's religiously since 2003 and have received only a small handful of stuff from UD...mostly junk $1 jerseys.

When I started, I would send out all of the offers to every product that came out. Fleer was #1 in returns...send out 5 requests, get 5 cards back - and all were either numbered inserts or jerseys (never got an auto from Fleer). Topps is a toss up...sometimes good, sometimes not so special. Donruss is always a winner and always on time.

BUT, I've learned a lesson as postage has increased...

Check the insert ratios before you send out a billion requests!

For junk products like Topps total, Topps (regular) Baseball/Football/Basketball and the likes are usually not worth sending out for...most of the time, you won't get anything.

I only send out for products that are mid to high range and have at least an insert per pack.

That said though, my best NPN Pull was from 2004 Topps football (on a fluke)...Roethlisberger Plate.

Karl
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

I thought I would bring this post back from the dead rather than starting a new one for the same thing. I received 3 packages from Dureyea(sp?) NY yesterday and was excited that I might be finally getting some redemptions. No redemptions, they were all NPN's. They contained:

First Envelope:
2 individually wrapped Halo cards(look like some sort of refractor, they are really sparkley in the bottom of my garbage can). (I did not send off for these and don't even collect non-sports)

Second Envelope:
1 Topps Updates and Highlights Matt Holiday #'d Gold

Third Envelope:
2 individually wrapped Generation now cards(hanley rameirez and curtis granderson)

So to conclude my 2007 experiment(I sent in all baseball NPN's for both UD and Topps).
I recieved from Topps: 3 inserts(.20 each), 2 #'d parrells(maybe 1.00 each), 2 Halo cards(taking up room in my garbage)??
From UD I got absolutely nothing.

I think I am going to save my stamps for 2008.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

UD now allows you to do NPN's online. No postage
kevdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
Just a quick question.
I have been sending in NPN's to both Topps and UD for every baseball product for the last 5 months. I have received lots of inserts/parrells from Topps, but not a thing from UD. Am I wasting my stamps on UD?? Does anyone get anything from UD or does it just take a year to get like my redemptions?? Any input would be much appreciated.
Does there website list NPN's anywhere or is it just on packs and boxes?

Thanks.
bubbyande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

NPNsportscards.com - No Purchase Necessary