Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Finally got a kid collecting cards

Well i been trying to get my godson into collecting cards. I been buying graded cards off of ebay or the LCS and giving to him for Birthdays, Christmas and just for the heck of it. He has always said they are nice but not fun to play with. So the past few weeks since he was off of school for the holiday. I bought the past to him instead of trading cards which he thought was boring via TOPPS WEB SITE . We started to flip cards like i did when i was a kid back in the 70's . He would flip first and i had to match his card. Then we started to flip until they touched so thier was more cards on the ground. an also played knock down by putting the cards up against the wall and we had to knock the cards down whom ever knocked the last card down got all the cards. Which he really liked and thought was fun. Now when i go over there him and 2 other friends are flipping for cards. The cards they are flipping are common base cards.I go over to flip for cards 1 time a week and now we are putting up numbered cards for the winner so maybe total of 4 to 5 cards total. He said if it would be a cool game on the computer or WII or Xbox. so i thought about it i am not good with games on the computer. Why cant Topps make one by using virtual cards with the games stated above i am sure there are more games out there they can play. And play against other people thru the internet all over the world i know it is possible to do that. And who ever buys the game Topps should put a very good card in the box. And the top champion with the most vitual cards of the Individual game should get a 1/1 card with a Player on it Saying on the card some where saying Champion of flipping cards or something to that effect. What do yinz think fun or not fun possible or not possible.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

There is a topps flipping cards app
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
probably completely random. I dont see how it could incorporate actual flipping technique...its not like flipping cards has to be random, if you figure it out and can replicate the action, you know what you're going to get just about all the time.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
Yes...it's called Ebay.
texgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgator View Post
Yes...it's called Ebay.
HAHA nice one!
The A's are a bunch of scrubs, but the best ones you have ever seen.
Lbsbigbro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Well i been trying to get my godson into collecting cards. I been buying graded cards off of ebay or the LCS and giving to him for Birthdays, Christmas and just for the heck of it. He has always said they are nice but not fun to play with. So the past few weeks since he was off of school for the holiday. I bought the past to him instead of trading cards which he thought was boring via TOPPS WEB SITE . We started to flip cards like i did when i was a kid back in the 70's . He would flip first and i had to match his card. Then we started to flip until they touched so thier was more cards on the ground. an also played knock down by putting the cards up against the wall and we had to knock the cards down whom ever knocked the last card down got all the cards. Which he really liked and thought was fun. Now when i go over there him and 2 other friends are flipping for cards. The cards they are flipping are common base cards.I go over to flip for cards 1 time a week and now we are putting up numbered cards for the winner so maybe total of 4 to 5 cards total. He said if it would be a cool game on the computer or WII or Xbox. so i thought about it i am not good with games on the computer. Why cant Topps make one by using virtual cards with the games stated above i am sure there are more games out there they can play. And play against other people thru the internet all over the world i know it is possible to do that. And who ever buys the game Topps should put a very good card in the box. And the top champion with the most vitual cards of the Individual game should get a 1/1 card with a Player on it Saying on the card some where saying Champion of flipping cards or something to that effect. What do yinz think fun or not fun possible or not possible.
Sounds like fun! That is great that you can come up with those card games with your godson! Sounds like a great way to enjoy the cards and have fun at that same time! Thanks for sharing the info!
Tpm2780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

The topps flipp app is HORRIBLE. Laggy, buggy, no control. Uses about 6 card designs to. Don't buy!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

The problem in my opinion is you tried to get him to want cards to invest in. Not a good thing for a youngin'. A few years back I was dating a girl with a young son. I would give him cards, take him to card shows, etc, but he was not allowed to look in a price guide. If he did, then it was over. I told him he could collect cards, but not invest in them. He enjoyed buying $1 cards of players he liked. And I always went with him to make sure he didn't get beaten up on pricing so there were no issues. All the while, he helped me by sorting cards for me (for a price, cards he wanted) and never questioned why I could sell cards and he couldn't.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote