Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #51 (permalink)

Unfortunately, a pretty rough case for a fellow member:

6 Box 2012 Tier 1 Live Break 2:50PM EST
Old 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Unfortunately, a pretty rough case for a fellow member:

6 Box 2012 Tier 1 Live Break 2:50PM EST
Well, someone has to filter the bad stuff out

I'm sure I've jinxed myself on the two boxes I'll be picking up tomorrow, and I'm still pumped. I am one of the few that liked 2011...
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post

I'm sure I've jinxed myself on the two boxes I'll be picking up tomorrow, and I'm still pumped. I am one of the few that liked 2011...
I was tempted to pick up a case and decided against it. I may regret that, but oh well. I will definitely be picking up singles though.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:

Because you were guaranteed a Peguaro(sp?).
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
I am one of the few that liked 2011...
I just went back and looked at 2011 breaks and they looked pretty solid with so many better relics. At $375 a case I may just go and grab a case from last year at this point!
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craines27mc View Post
Because you were guaranteed a Peguaro(sp?).
Well played sir, well played
Old 06-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

lol this stuff is crap
jrc209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #58 (permalink)

Here is a very nice Ryan Sandberg pulled by raidersfan1983:

Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #59 (permalink)

for $1k /case less at release (or now $2k) compared to tribute or museum, you still get 24 autos a case, sure you lose 9 relics per case, but most are $5, and you lose the base & parallels which do help early on....so far less a gamble than those products were at release
but also some chances here at bat knobs and more, plus each case has at least one tier one auto & that list is pretty nice, just 1,700 cases produced so not too high of a run
I am not saying you can break this & make money, but I would not be surprised to see cases go up over the coming days/weeks...if tribute & museum did, then why not
while there are many ruddy autos, there are several strong ones,a dn they are on-card except a few relic ones
just some random thoughts
ps-fielder in brewers uniform due to the relics that were used
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is a very nice Ryan Sandberg pulled by raidersfan1983:

I expect more for my $500 than one nice Sandberg auto...
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

Another DUD.

Well done Topps
2013 BOWMAN DRAFT
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
I do too. Just showing a nice card.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

Here is a nice group of autos on eBay:

Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #64 (permalink)

Lol one bad 6 box case and people are already jumping ship.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #65 (permalink)

Jesus people, we have seen one half of one case opened and you assume the entire thing is junk. It's like that with everything around here. At the start of the season, a team is red hot and suddenly you people treat them like they've won the WS. A player hits .140 to start the year the first two weeks in and immediately he is garbage; the rookie who hit .350 the first week is suddenly MVP even though he has yet to get on base since. Everything is so kneejerk with you guys. How long have you been alive? I used to think like that when I was 13, but jesus, I grew out of it.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Jesus people, we have seen one half of one case opened and you assume the entire thing is junk. It's like that with everything around here. At the start of the season, a team is red hot and suddenly you people treat them like they've won the WS. A player hits .140 to start the year the first two weeks in and immediately he is garbage; the rookie who hit .350 the first week is suddenly MVP even though he has yet to get on base since. Everything is so kneejerk with you guys. How long have you been alive? I used to think like that when I was 13, but jesus, I grew out of it.
Welcome to Baseball Cards. Enjoy.
2013 BOWMAN DRAFT
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is a nice group of autos on eBay:

Those auto's came from multiple cases....
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #68 (permalink)

agreed, it is amazing how many have opinions, YET have not opened any themselves, or see 1/2 a case of a 1700 run and assume it is all garbage
just like any product these days it is going to have some duds, but also some nice things
higher end is always hit or miss, and usually miss, the key is getting value from the misses more often, which is not easy
I find it funny how many on this board praised museum as a winner, yet it cost more than 2x as much and has some number of autos with similar if not same players
Old 06-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Welcome to Baseball Cards. Enjoy.
That's to assume you collect baseball cards is to assume you're a goddamn moron. General you, not name-calling.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Those auto's came from multiple cases....
I never said it was from 1 case. I am just posting various cards that I see because I am bored....
Old 06-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #71 (permalink)

well, having the cards in front of me i am disappointed in a few things, not a single auto jersey, not a single patch, not a single dual anything, mediocre autos, boring jerseys. all that is fine, i only opened a half case to check the stuff out. but i am most disappointed that the stuff just isn't all that appealing to the eyes IMHO. used up designs, the black with silver/gold/etc. was just done in museum collection. and wasn't a fun break really... not to wait to BC, TC and BDPP!!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Lol one bad 6 box case and people are already jumping ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I blame Debbie Downer below.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
agreed, it is amazing how many have opinions, YET have not opened any themselves, or see 1/2 a case of a 1700 run and assume it is all garbage
just like any product these days it is going to have some duds, but also some nice things
higher end is always hit or miss, and usually miss, the key is getting value from the misses more often, which is not easy
I find it funny how many on this board praised museum as a winner, yet it cost more than 2x as much and has some number of autos with similar if not same players
Agreed Brent but let's also add one more hilarious tidbit:

so many people on here who order something will automatically sing its praises upon release - spinning things no end to suit their own agenda (whether it's resale value, making themselves feel better, etc.); and those same people who don't order a product will come out and blast the crap out of it after one case break to also suit their own agenda (sour grapes rationalization, wanting to buy cheap, etc.). it's really quite amusing.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Agreed Brent but let's also add one more hilarious tidbit:

so many people on here who order something will automatically sing its praises upon release - spinning things no end to suit their own agenda (whether it's resale value, making themselves feel better, etc.); and those same people who don't order a product will come out and blast the crap out of it after one case break to also suit their own agenda (sour grapes rationalization, wanting to buy cheap, etc.). it's really quite amusing.
that is true too
but often we judge in small samples sizes, either way

honestly I was pleased with thsi product at it's price point
i mean c'mon, so many of us buy and whine like we did not know it would not be loaded
have we not seen the checklist with these lower-end guys on it for months?
did we expect to see a monster hit every box?
there are going to be tons of duds and lots of misses, if it was loaded more it just waters down those autos and they drop in price/value too, seen it both ways

I will not pass judgment saying it is a winner/loser as each box/case is different
but I like the rc reprint autos on acetate, the bat knobs and the parallel ink autos personally
and was pleased with what I opened, although a small amount, but got lucky most likely eve without Harper or a knob
I do think cases will go up, but that is just based on seeing what tribute & museum did, and they yield the same # of many items
Old 06-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
that is true too
but often we judge in small samples sizes, either way

honestly I was pleased with thsi product at it's price point
i mean c'mon, so many of us buy and whine like we did not know it would not be loaded
have we not seen the checklist with these lower-end guys on it for months?
did we expect to see a monster hit every box?
there are going to be tons of duds and lots of misses, if it was loaded more it just waters down those autos and they drop in price/value too, seen it both ways

I will not pass judgment saying it is a winner/loser as each box/case is different
but I like the rc reprint autos on acetate, the bat knobs and the parallel ink autos personally
and was pleased with what I opened, although a small amount, but got lucky most likely eve without Harper or a knobI do think cases will go up, but that is just based on seeing what tribute & museum did, and they yield the same # of many items
You didn't pull a knob or Harper in the cases you opened? How many cases was that?