Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
You didn't have an idol when you were 17? The Nationals aren't even my favorite team. The Cardinals are, so I'm not biased towards the Nationals. I just admire Strasburg's and Harper's immense talent and skills, and how serious they play the game.
That's the thing, you're 17 so it's cool if you admire Harper and can't see past the numbers. Proceed with what you are doing, I'll be moving on.....
kdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Trout also played last year, so he could go into winter knowing what to work on, and be a better player next year. Harper had very few at bats in the minors and had no experience in the MLB until April 28th of this year, so he had to adjust and try to improve his skills from game to game. While, Trout had much more at bat's in the minors than Harper did. Believe me, by the end of their 2 careers, Harper will be the better and more talked about player.
Harper isn't near as athletic. He will hit more HR , but all around player is Trout. Harper has AB's .. where's his bases , plays in the field ? Harper is completely overrated. The only people talking about him is ESPN .. players and managers are in awe of Trout. Just reality.
t4e511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunkin View Post
Beating a dead horse here.....when Chipper was the top prospect in the world he wasn't blowing kisses, dropping his bat and getting tossed, telling reporters that their questions are "clown question"(s), etc. I think Harper plays the game right, but he does not always act right when you compare him to someone like Chipper who has pretty much led the model career.
What ??
LOL
You clearly did not collect baseball in the 90's
Chipper was as BIG a dick as Harper is.

When I look at the NL list I find it sad the closest person to being worthwhile of a vote is Bourne

Bot...right.
So you DL'ed Kbot and call it "writing" ??

Did Freese and peavy

Everyone,good luck to your player choices
Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, so just forget everything he's accomplished and done ever since he's been called up then. He's played the game much better this year than Chipper has.
Identical OPS this year. Take off your Bryce Harper pajamas and actually look at the numbers before you spout off unfounded assumptions like that.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #80 (permalink)

I voted for Peavy and Chipper.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
When you were 17 had you already been on the cover of Sports Illustrated?
Ahh I see, because you are good at a sport and famous, it gives you a right to be a total jackass You can definately tell who is just worried about their card values on here
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #82 (permalink)

Does anybody really think Harper deserves to be in the All-Star game? I sure as hell don't.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #83 (permalink)

i will vote later today
mma138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #84 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Talked to some of my friends, who tell me they have (all told) voted for Harper over 10,000 times as of now. They're continuing to vote as we speak.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #85 (permalink)

Jeter makes the all-star every year (not this year?), so Harper is just as deserving.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Jeter makes the all-star every year (not this year?), so Harper is just as deserving.
I would love to hear the logic behind this.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I would love to hear the logic behind this.
What a short memory people have.

People are backing their selection or non-selection of Harper with stats. How do we explain Jeter? Last year, at the break he was batting .256 2 HRs, 20 RBIs. Defensively, he is one of the worst SS's. Most will agree he is not the same SS as he once was. However, he did pull of the game because of injuries I think. Nevertheless, he was still voted in as a starter.

It's a popularity contest, Harper is popular and will get in, like Jeter in previous years.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
What a short memory people have.

People are backing their selection or non-selection of Harper with stats. How do we explain Jeter? Last year, at the break he was batting .256 2 HRs, 20 RBIs. Defensively, he is one of the worst SS's. Most will agree he is not the same SS as he once was. However, he did pull of the game because of injuries I think. Nevertheless, he was still voted in as a starter.

It's a popularity contest, Harper is popular and will get in, like Jeter in previous years.
So Harper deserves to get in because Jeter didn't always deserve to make it?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBraves View Post
Identical OPS this year. Take off your Bryce Harper pajamas and actually look at the numbers before you spout off unfounded assumptions like that.
OPS isn't the only stat that shows how good a player is. Look at the other stats. Even then, Chipper has significantly lower amount of at bats than Bryce. So, of course right now, Chipper's batting average will be higher than Bryce's. But, it's been dropping lately, so when Chipper catches up to Bryce in at bats (if he even does), then expect his batting average to be much lower than Bryce's. Chipper also hasn't made many great defensive plays like Bryce has, or extended regular singles into doubles like Bryce has, or steal home and many other bases like Bryce has. Overall, Bryce has been the better player.

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Talked to some of my friends, who tell me they have (all told) voted for Harper over 10,000 times as of now. They're continuing to vote as we speak.
I like your friends!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #91 (permalink)

I'm going to vote for Chipper because he should be a all star in his last year. His average has not been dropping he's got a 7 game hitting streak. He was hitting the best when he got hurt so he's number would have been a lot better if he didn't miss a month.
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunkin View Post
Beating a dead horse here.....when Chipper was the top prospect in the world he wasn't blowing kisses, dropping his bat and getting tossed, telling reporters that their questions are "clown question"(s), etc. I think Harper plays the game right, but he does not always act right when you compare him to someone like Chipper who has pretty much led the model career.
It's the internet age...People have no idea how players back in the day would have acted if they had access to smart phones, twitter, etc. The media never portrayed people like they do today......Who's the say Chipper Never was cocky when he was drafted? Espn didn't nitpick every little thing like they do now
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
It's the internet age...People have no idea how players back in the day would have acted if they had access to smart phones, twitter, etc. The media never portrayed people like they do today......Who's the say Chipper Never was cocky when he was drafted? Espn didn't nitpick every little thing like they do now
Exactly my point. I agree. That's why I always hate when people point out every single little thing that Bryce has done, that is negative.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly my point. I agree. That's why I always hate when people point out every single little thing that Bryce has done, that is negative.
They just listen the the media, they are controlled
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #96 (permalink)

To all you people who think Bryce isn't a good guy, or a great baseball player, or doesn't deserve to go to the ASG, here are 12 reasons why to vote Bryce Harper for the ASG...

1. He's got pop (500+ feet home runs).
2. He always hustles (stretching singles into doubles many times).
3. He doesn't take his at bats into the field (Going 0-7, but making a great catch anyway).
4. He's got a flair for the dramatic (walk off single against the Mets).
5. He woke up early in the morning after an extra-inning walk-off to read to children. Where was Harper the morning after that historic event? At Bonnie Brae Elementary School in Burke, VA, reading to third graders.
6. He's a fast learner (striking out to Livan Hernandez's eephus pitch, but then homering off him the next at-bat, and the same kind of pitch).
7. One great young player deserves another. Mike Trout, the Los Angeles Angels 20 year-old outfield phenom, has already been selected to the game. Trout and Harper have become nearly synonymous in the weeks leading up to the game. For one to be there without the other just feels… Wrong.
8. He’s clutch. After rallying from a 7-0 deficit, the Nationals trailed 10-9 entering the ninth inning in Colorado last week. They didn’t trail for long. Solo home run to tie the game.
9. He’s charitable. When a Colorado brewery tried to capitalize on his “clown question, bro” phrase by naming a new offering after it in time for the Nationals recent visit to Colorado, Harper asked that they donate proceeds from sales to the family of Celena Hollis, a Denver police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
10. He’s not content getting just one out. Always looking for a chance to stretch his talents, Harper gunned down the speedy Juan Pierre on May 23 in Philadelphia, turning a failed hit and run into a double play.
11. He’s got swag. After getting intentionally plunked by Cole Hamels, Harper went first to third on a single to left field, then took off for home on Hamels pick-off throw to first base, swiping home for his first Major League steal.
12. He’s a genuine superstar. At age 19, he’s already a national attraction. He plays the game right, and has become one of the most popular players in the sport. Isn’t that what the All-Star Game is all about?

Twelve Reasons To Vote #BryceIn12 Curly W Live

Last edited by SeanieTheMan; 07-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
I think you need new friends.
robertr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
You didn't have an idol when you were 17? The Nationals aren't even my favorite team. The Cardinals are, so I'm not biased towards the Nationals. I just admire Strasburg's and Harper's immense talent and skills, and how serious they play the game.
Your hero and idol should not be a 19 year old baseball player, no matter how good he may be. End of thread.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #99 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
I voted a total of 9 times, and have no trouble living life to the fullest. Thanks for your concern.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #100 (permalink)

I have nothing against Bryce Harper, but for all those who say he deserves it more than Chipper, when statistically they are virtually tied. 20 years from now when Harper is looking at trying to make his last ASG are you going to say he deserves it over the new hot shot?

Seanie, no offense you are 17, thats less years alive then Chipper has been in the game, heck Harper was born barely before the year Jones made his debut. I am not too far removed from being 17, but I don't understand how you can admire Harper. I have respect for the way he plays the game and I understand he is young, I don't think he has done anything overly stupid. Jones has my respect and admiration, as much as I disliked his braves in the 90's, because of the way he handled himself in his career. I don't just mean, publicly, he has had great devotion to his team, teammates, and baseball in general. Now just because I say Jones has these characteristics doesn't mean I am saying Harper doesn't, what I am saying is Jones is a proven Vet, who deserves one last curtain call for a great career. Harper will have the next 20 years likely to play his way into the ASG.
CubsFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote