Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best prospect buy for $10?!

Well, I just won $10 whole dollars on a lottery ticket and my wife gave me permission to buy my first card on eBay in 3 months! (I bought 10 boxes of Draft for my birthday and she's cut me off since )

So my question to you is, what is the best possible prospect (ie Bowman Chrome, Draft, etc) to buy for $10 or less?!

Thank guys!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Permission? Nonsense.
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

ill sell you a Julio Teheran Bowman Sterling rookie auto graded 9 by BCCG, really cant go wrong with that. hes ranked #1 prospect in baseball on mlb.com
nygiantsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Forgiveness, not permission.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Permission? Nonsense.
Yeah she's been pretty against my love of cardboard since day one, and after I splurged on my birthday present in May she's had me on a tight leash. I've snuck a pack or two once in a while since but now that I have her consent I want to make the right call!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Yeah she's been pretty against my love of cardboard since day one, and after I splurged on my birthday present in May she's had me on a tight leash. I've snuck a pack or two once in a while since but now that I have her consent I want to make the right call!

u sound like a drug addict. im assuming you want something chromish so im gonna suggest daniel "too sexy" norris
bcxraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ryan Wheeler Chrome Autos
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

I suggest putting the 10 bucks towards a divorce attorney.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

No offense intended, but take your balls off the night stand, put them back where they belong.

I understand buying in limited, not a lot, or whatever for various reasons. However not being allowed, or whatever, something sounds wrong.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/RemyX266/
RemyX266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

The input here seems a bit off
Ryan wheeler ?
Thats a small bubble. Limited growth margin on money invested.
Teheran ?
Talk about playing a REAL long shot. Kid cannot pitch against big hitters in big crowds, even in Triple A.

Tony Cingrani would be your money ball,the problem is you won't find enough for 10.00 to show big money. SURE the percentage is there,but after shipping it's killed.
Look for his chrome to hit 4-5.00 in the future with a potential to hit 8.00 IF he maintains his consistency
RK ball to High A to double A in under 12 months with Triple A in clear sight.
Take a minute,go to baseball reference and check his stats.
If his numbers and ANY article you read about him doesn't convince you to tell your wife to sit and shush,well,then maybe you should try football :P
Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnider45 View Post
I suggest putting the 10 bucks towards a divorce attorney.
Well, she let me pick the last trip destination (NYC in February) and let's me go to about 20 hockey games every year so I don't have too much to complain about. Just wish she'd let me get more cards!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyX266 View Post
No offense intended, but take your balls off the night stand, put them back where they belong.

I understand buying in limited, not a lot, or whatever for various reasons. However not being allowed, or whatever, something sounds wrong.
Again, I spent a ton on my birthday present (10 boxes of 2011 Draft) so its probably a good thing that she's had me on a tight leash these past 2-3 months.

Never been this bad before in the 9 years we've been married, but with the Canadian government cutting jobs and my job being at stake we're trying to save as much money as possible, which is why I've sort of had go put my card collecting aside.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, she let me pick the last trip destination (NYC in February) and let's me go to about 20 hockey games every year so I don't have too much to complain about. Just wish she'd let me get more cards!
There you go with the whole she let me pick the destination, she lets me go to 20 games, etc. Did you want a wife or another mother? Please don't be the guy in the grocery store that is getting bossed around by his wife, I see him and I feel pity for a life wasted.
kdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunkin View Post
There you go with the whole she let me pick the destination, she lets me go to 20 games, etc. Did you want a wife or another mother? Please don't be the guy in the grocery store that is getting bossed around by his wife, I see him and I feel pity for a life wasted.
Never thought I'd be getting marital advice on a sports cards website!

You guys do raise valid points, but as I said before it has never been this bad in the almost 10 years we've been married. I'm in risk of losing my job and saving money that would normally be spent on cards certainly isn't the worst thing in the world. We all have to make sacrifices when money gets tough.

I don't think I get bossed around either. I certainly don't boss her around Archie Bunker style, but she doesn't boss me around either.

Both parties have to make sacrifices in marriage. She certainly doesn't spend $500 a month on clothes the way she did prior to our marriage, and I don't spend $1000 a month on cards the way I did before.

Anyways, this seems to be getting way off topic. Back to the original point: who do you think is the best prospect to invest in for $10 or less? Thinking about buying Cory Spangenberg. Thoughts?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Never thought I'd be getting marital advice on a sports cards website!

You guys do raise valid points, but as I said before it has never been this bad in the almost 10 years we've been married. I'm in risk of losing my job and saving money that would normally be spent on cards certainly isn't the worst thing in the world. We all have to make sacrifices when money gets tough.

I don't think I get bossed around either. I certainly don't boss her around Archie Bunker style, but she doesn't boss me around either.

Both parties have to make sacrifices in marriage. She certainly doesn't spend $500 a month on clothes the way she did prior to our marriage, and I don't spend $1000 a month on cards the way I did before.

Anyways, this seems to be getting way off topic. Back to the original point: who do you think is the best prospect to invest in for $10 or less? Thinking about buying Cory Spangenberg. Thoughts?
Sorry if I crossed the line, but it's something that just bothers me to see anyone bossed around in a marriage. Too many people end up getting married and end up with a new parent instead of a partner....anyway.
kdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

My wife suggested we go to the Lowe's that is 10 minutes farther away since it's closer to the Fantastic store.
Sorry she doesn't have sisters.

Sack up and get your own card "bankroll."

And to answer OP's question-Carlos Martinez.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Whats worse than a over restricting wife? A person asking for investment tips with 10 bucks.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

I KNOW diddly squat about prospecting but I know about a bitching ol lady. My wife don't like nor understand my hobby but she won't ever say too much about me buyin cards. She gets her needs & I get mine especially since I gave up drinking. We all do need at least 1 good vise & this is healthier.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

take the ten bucks and buy a pair of pants for yourself (you might to have to contibute for $ to do so )
cingrani or kolten wongs

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Whats worse than a over restricting wife? A person asking for investment tips with 10 bucks.

This is so very true .... sad and true
$100box$20cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Carlos Martinez

My Bucket: http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Thommy69/library/?sort=3&page=0
Thommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

invest a blue refractor of julio tehran from me for $10 dlvd.
scorpion1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Mark montgomery
Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #24 (permalink)

Buy a Wil Myers 2010 Bowman Chrome or Bowman Sterling parallel, outside of the 2011 season, his numbers and age are right there with Mike Trout and Bryce Harper. Myers is that good and he will prove it pretty soon in the Majors.
jasonadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Looks like you can get a Myers 2010 Bowman Chrome Purple Refractor #/899, and if you're lucky a Chrome Refractor #/500, or Bowman Sterling Refracor #/199 for about that $10.
jasonadkins is offline   Reply With Quote