Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #401 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,277
Default

does anyone have a link to the winners of last years code and how they did it?
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #402 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
does anyone have a link to the winners of last years code and how they did it?
google "2011 ginter code" etc each winner has posted a blog about how they did it.
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #403 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
Default

So there's a Twitter Account "WillowCovePI". Account is locked. Its following 28 people but has no followers. It also has 9 tweets. Unfortunately, since its locked can't see who its following or what its tweeted. May not be apart of the Code, but could very well be .... time will tell.
gocubs1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #404 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,426
Default

The Willow Cove Water Cooler: EXCLUSIVE Interview with Sheriff Kring and Deputy Young

I think this interview is a lot more relevant than the town hall yesterday, i find it interesting that the pipe burst shorted out the cameras the same day. That seems too perfect to be a coincidence. I have to go back and look at tweets and see who was there at the time it burst.

This line also stood out to me: "And maybe spend a little extra time with their own families, reconnect with what really matters." are they saying stop trying to solve the code right now and wait for more info?

Im not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the article describing the town hall says: "Kraft lunged at Guttman and a scuffle ensued on the ground, as the two tumbled over. " but in reality kraft lunged at kluggman. I wonder if the code is going to be hidden in max's corrections to his poor journalism.
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #405 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
The Willow Cove Water Cooler: EXCLUSIVE Interview with Sheriff Kring and Deputy Young

I think this interview is a lot more relevant than the town hall yesterday, i find it interesting that the pipe burst shorted out the cameras the same day. That seems too perfect to be a coincidence. I have to go back and look at tweets and see who was there at the time it burst.

This line also stood out to me: "And maybe spend a little extra time with their own families, reconnect with what really matters." are they saying stop trying to solve the code right now and wait for more info?

Im not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the article describing the town hall says: "Kraft lunged at Guttman and a scuffle ensued on the ground, as the two tumbled over. " but in reality kraft lunged at kluggman. I wonder if the code is going to be hidden in max's corrections to his poor journalism.

Larry, skip, and Gloria were the only ones reported at the bowling alley at the time of the pipe burst
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #406 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs1908 View Post
So there's a Twitter Account "WillowCovePI". Account is locked. Its following 28 people but has no followers. It also has 9 tweets. Unfortunately, since its locked can't see who its following or what its tweeted. May not be apart of the Code, but could very well be .... time will tell.
Wow, great find, I bet you have to log in and accept your own "follow request" to be the winner. The user description is "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #407 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,347
Default

What's with all of the tweets from Dave Kring to Deputy Young correcting everything?
__________________
91 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs
Collect Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Toby Gerhart, Eric Decker, Ra'Shede Hageman
Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. The Shield. Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! #FollowTheBuzzards
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #408 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 5,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
What's with all of the tweets from Dave Kring to Deputy Young correcting everything?
I think he is correcting the "Files" cards from the A&G packs.
__________________
* Bilal Powell Collector *
Looking for famous Flint, Michigan Autographs
-->Collects: NY Jets, $ Richardson, & Tony Pike<--
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #409 (permalink)
Member
 
7290morint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
I think he is correcting the "Files" cards from the A&G packs.
Yep, adding in some words that were missing.
__________________
Looking for 2011 Topps Tribute Black Refractors #'d/10: 66/100 so far
7290morint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #410 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
I think he is correcting the "Files" cards from the A&G packs.
that could have huge significance... My set should be here today or tomorrow... ugggh cant wait! Time = Autographs
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #411 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 5,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
that could have huge significance... My set should be here today or tomorrow... ugggh cant wait! Time = Autographs
in the mean time I printed this page...

2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Code: Murder in Willow Cove

He has the wording from the cards on there.
__________________
* Bilal Powell Collector *
Looking for famous Flint, Michigan Autographs
-->Collects: NY Jets, $ Richardson, & Tony Pike<--
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #412 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
in the mean time I printed this page...

2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Code: Murder in Willow Cove

He has the wording from the cards on there.


The problem tho is everything isn't listed....
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #413 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
The problem tho is everything isn't listed....
i noticed guttman residence isn't listed. what else is missing?
hock3591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #414 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock3591 View Post
i noticed guttman residence isn't listed. what else is missing?
Head to page 8 of this thread Niko posted the front of all 50 cards
GoA's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #415 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 299
Default

anyone managed to see Gloria's blog comment in time before she removed it?
__________________
Bucket, kinda up to date: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/poppudaimadochi/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #416 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
anyone managed to see Gloria's blog comment in time before she removed it?
I was wondering the same thing. It must have only been up for a few minutes. I'm guessing she made some kind of comment questioning Deputy Young's ability to solve the case, but that's purely a guess.
everblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #417 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by everblades View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It must have only been up for a few minutes. I'm guessing she made some kind of comment questioning Deputy Young's ability to solve the case, but that's purely a guess.
or maybe thegintercode, typed up something on accident?
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #418 (permalink)
Member
 
Manmadeofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I live on Planet Earth.
Posts: 2,703
Default

Do we even know if we need to find who killed lennie, with whatever..... Could it be just a minor bit in the whole thing? That may not be what to solve.....just curious and wondering
__________________
You're unique....Just like everyone else.
Manmadeofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #419 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
anyone managed to see Gloria's blog comment in time before she removed it?
would love to know this also. It appears some pertinent info may have been in there.
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #420 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,647
Default

This thing is driving me crazy!!
GoA's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #421 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,277
Default

I know what it takes to solve the puzzle but do not where to submit...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #422 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 8,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
I know what it takes to solve the puzzle but do not where to submit...
Then I would say you do not know what it takes ...
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #423 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
I know what it takes to solve the puzzle but do not where to submit...
Same here, have the beginning and the end but miss a small thing from the middle... So frustrating!!
__________________
Bucket, kinda up to date: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/poppudaimadochi/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #424 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
I know what it takes to solve the puzzle but do not where to submit...
If you knew what it took to solve it you would have your answer on where to submit it..And if you solved it please hurry up and end this #@#@#@#@, It's taking up too much time in my life lol
GoA's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #425 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,575
Default

It's definitely going to be a lot more complex then just who did it. I believe who did it is only going to be the tip of the iceberg.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/330727-ginter-code-2012-edition.html
Posted By For Type Date
First Point of Aries: The 2011 & 2012 Ginter Code Story This thread Refback 08-01-2013 11:41 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | Page 8 | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-31-2012 10:29 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-29-2012 12:58 PM
The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for July 11, 2012 This thread Refback 07-11-2012 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.