Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #651 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
You know if you don't have fun...then this puzzle will get to you. In fact, when you start to hallucinate that everything around you is a puzzle, then you just need to take a break...
well said. Time to rest the brain lol.
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #652 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Starting happening to me the other day. True story.
LoL that's why I typed it! Me too!
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #653 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
well said. Time to rest the brain lol.


LoL...like us detectives ever take a break
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #654 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Good morning everyone! Just finished refreshing myself with the latest Dora the Explorer episode and helped her find the birthday party. Nothing is standing in my way today...

Watch out Willow Cove. Better bring your "A" game...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #655 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Has anyone here figured out how to get clues from the "no trespassing" website?
sunRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #656 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 9,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunRA View Post
Has anyone here figured out how to get clues from the "no trespassing" website?
My guess is that we'll know "in time" how the site should be used. I'm not even really sure who came across the URL, but it was registered on 7/2, which means it likely will have some significance eventually (if it were registered after the card sets were released, we'd probably call it a fake until proven otherwise). Here's what we do know:

- If you append any location from the code cards to the end of the URL, you get the same "No Trespassing" message (Ex. "murderinwillowcove.com/guttmanresidence).

- If you append anything else* to the end of the URL, you get a different message ("Lost").

- The source code contains a clue of some sort, in that the message "The source code won't help you. Follow the instructions and turn back now." is printed exactly 69** times.


*I admit that I have not tested every combination of letters and numbers ever.

**When I told this to my wife, she said "It must have something to do with an affair." We had a good chuckle.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #657 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 306
Default

tweets look to be resuming
__________________
Bucket, kinda up to date: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/poppudaimadochi/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #658 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 9,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
tweets look to be resuming
And just when I had convinced myself to do some work ...
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #659 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
My guess is that we'll know "in time" how the site should be used. I'm not even really sure who came across the URL, but it was registered on 7/2, which means it likely will have some significance eventually (if it were registered after the card sets were released, we'd probably call it a fake until proven otherwise). Here's what we do know:

- If you append any location from the code cards to the end of the URL, you get the same "No Trespassing" message (Ex. "murderinwillowcove.com/guttmanresidence).

- If you append anything else* to the end of the URL, you get a different message ("Lost").

- The source code contains a clue of some sort, in that the message "The source code won't help you. Follow the instructions and turn back now." is printed exactly 69** times.


*I admit that I have not tested every combination of letters and numbers ever.

**When I told this to my wife, she said "It must have something to do with an affair." We had a good chuckle.
If anyone has found something on this site, I doubt they are telling anyone.
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #660 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Nvm............
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!

Last edited by lauriontj; 07-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #661 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Just some notes.....This is what happens when you have been working on this for so long...


-Cynthia pritchards tweet name is @GoCougClass13
-The 13 represents she graduates in 2013. Its 2012 now.
-Her age is 16.(check out her case card). This means in 1 year she will be a senior. She is currently a Junior.

Following me so far? I hope so.

-Jack is 17. This would make him a senior.
-Age 17 indicates a senior.
-Deputy Danny Young is 27.
-10 years ago he was 17 (aka a senior in highschool)

-Dannys case card says he worked at Guttmans Gutters THROUGHOUT highschool.

-But Guttman Gutters was only established 10 years ago (2002)

-"THROUGHOUT" highschool indicates more than 1 year.


Am I crazy for all this?

Im just saying...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #662 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Interesting. You're not crazy. Details like this will help solve this mystery!
I think its safe to assume though that Danny Young wrote the files himself, and he could have incorrect information on the cards (and need corrections from the sheriff)
sunRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #663 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
Just some notes.....This is what happens when you have been working on this for so long...


-Cynthia pritchards tweet name is @GoCougClass13
-The 13 represents she graduates in 2013. Its 2012 now.
-Her age is 16.(check out her case card). This means in 1 year she will be a senior. She is currently a Junior.

Following me so far? I hope so.

-Jack is 17. This would make him a senior.
-Age 17 indicates a senior.
-Deputy Danny Young is 27.
-10 years ago he was 17 (aka a senior in highschool)

-Dannys case card says he worked at Guttmans Gutters THROUGHOUT highschool.

-But Guttman Gutters was only established 10 years ago (2002)

-"THROUGHOUT" highschool indicates more than 1 year.


Am I crazy for all this?

Im just saying...
Cynthia and Jack are in the same class prob. He just turned 17. She may be turning 17 in the next few moths, cant remember if her bday has been discussed.

Also, Deputy Duffy who is now 27, may have had a late bday and been 18 almost 19 when he graduated. It all depends on DOB's. Allowing him to work at Guttmans for 2 years maybe 3 while in HS.

Good theory though, I dont its anything. Its always good to get the brain juice flowing lol.
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #664 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
Cynthia and Jack are in the same class prob. He just turned 17. She may be turning 17 in the next few moths, cant remember if her bday has been discussed.

Also, Deputy Duffy who is now 27, may have had a late bday and been 18 almost 19 when he graduated. It all depends on DOB's. Allowing him to work at Guttmans for 2 years maybe 3 while in HS.

Good theory though, I dont its anything. Its always good to get the brain juice flowing lol.
Ive got like a hundred pieces of paper sitting on my desk, each one with a different theory...its driving me crazy!
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #665 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
Ive got like a hundred pieces of paper sitting on my desk, each one with a different theory...its driving me crazy!
I have a 30 sheet excel doc. It makes organizing easier, but its ALOT to look through. After reading back through some tweets, I think Im starting to see some clues I didnt before. So theres even more to add LOL
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #666 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 354
Default

I'm terrible at taking notes.. I just like to do the digging... This is my first time doing the Ginter Code, I think that works against you a bit cause you really don't know what to expect.. I have read the blog from last year too...
darkman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #667 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 9,780
Default

Max Mann ‏@MaxWCCourier
Reports that the medical examiner's report has been released to the Sheriff's Department. You'll know more the minute we do.

Should be good
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #668 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Max Mann ‏@MaxWCCourier
Reports that the medical examiner's report has been released to the Sheriff's Department. You'll know more the minute we do.

Should be good
bout time, I was getting frustrated with the 3 lame tweets leading up to that one
__________________
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #669 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

After much legal maneuvering and many compromises, Willow Cove is one step closer to finally electing a new mayor. The town council approved a plan to hold a special election by the end of August before the new school year begins.



Just noticed this. The code I'm sure, will go into several months....good luck!
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #670 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
After much legal maneuvering and many compromises, Willow Cove is one step closer to finally electing a new mayor. The town council approved a plan to hold a special election by the end of August before the new school year begins.



Just noticed this. The code I'm sure, will go into several months....good luck!
Exactly, they dont want a repeat of the few years when it was solved right away. Even last yeasr, still might not be solved without the hints that were given out months after it started
__________________
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #671 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 306
Default

so that's what the Codemaster meant when saying we'll "know in time"
__________________
Bucket, kinda up to date: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/poppudaimadochi/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #672 (permalink)
Member
 
Manmadeofsteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I live on Planet Earth.
Posts: 2,780
Default

In your guys opinion, is it better to buy all the willow cove mystery cards for easier hands on or just rely on scans, etc?
__________________
You're ALWAYS a somebody to SOMEBODY
Manmadeofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #673 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,394
Default

Buy..I'd take them with me, to work on the code when I'm not home...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #674 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 436
Default

Anyone else let down, by the lack of tweets tonight. Thought we were going to get something new to work on
__________________
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #675 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 354
Default

i definitely am...
darkman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/330727-ginter-code-2012-edition.html
Posted By For Type Date
First Point of Aries: The 2011 & 2012 Ginter Code Story This thread Refback 08-01-2013 11:41 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | Page 8 | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-31-2012 10:29 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-29-2012 12:58 PM
The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for July 11, 2012 This thread Refback 07-11-2012 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.