Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #1076 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
What was I missing?

A sticky substance
Lennie's letter to Jackie
Trudy Givens' unsent letters to Lennie
Guttman's Gutters financial records
Lennie's personal letters
Bruce's background check on Lennie
Marcie's rejected story
Cut-up women's clothes catalogs
Interview with Gary Linderman
Gas 'n' Go service records
You recognize the following names in the service records: Frank Kraft, Cythia Pritchard, Sigmund Buttle, Jake Perry, Price Laughton, Don Givens, and Andy Modell.
__________________
Buying Stanton 2008 BC Autos
http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/zokin7/library/?sort=3&page=0
nikobaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #1077 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
What was I missing?

A sticky substance
Lennie's letter to Jackie
Trudy Givens' unsent letters to Lennie
Guttman's Gutters financial records
Lennie's personal letters
Bruce's background check on Lennie
Marcie's rejected story
Cut-up women's clothes catalogs
Interview with Gary Linderman
Gas 'n' Go service records
playonbricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #1078 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Well that sucks... was so obvious that Cynthia did it, everything pointed to her. Hopefully there was something VERY hard to figure out with the cards...
you didnt need a SINGLE CARD! unless they were needed for the netbook

just the blog and twitter info
__________________
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #1079 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
You are so full of it... you have been going on the whole time about how you were so far ahead of everyone... you didn't even have the netbook password.
netbook password was WhatCouldHaveBeen...


I worked with m2cool2go...ask him. we were RIGHT there. trust me. minutes after he solved, we were writing up our response...just needed the one piece of evidence we missed.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #1080 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikobaseball View Post
Gas 'n' Go service records
You recognize the following names in the service records: Frank Kraft, Cythia Pritchard, Sigmund Buttle, Jake Perry, Price Laughton, Don Givens, and Andy Modell.
Oh thanks.... yea I had it just didnt copy and paste it right... ugg
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #1081 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 356
Default

lol.. i was wondering how many people interviewed Linderman.. was it time sensitive like we were thinking?
darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #1082 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
You are so full of it... you have been going on the whole time about how you were so far ahead of everyone... you didn't even have the netbook password.
WhatCouldHaveBeen...
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #1083 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default

How did you get to the submission instructions? I had nearly everything else.
wilfmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #1084 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
WhatCouldHaveBeen...
ELLIPSES!!!!!

...
wilfmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #1085 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 172
Default

SO where was linderman
tkopinetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #1086 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
You are so full of it... you have been going on the whole time about how you were so far ahead of everyone... you didn't even have the netbook password.
He did have the netbook password. I can confirm that. Now, how close was he to typing the ransom note into the url, not so sure.

He DID have the netbook though, and for 2 days...
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #1087 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio/ Pittsburgh Area
Posts: 1,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkopinetz View Post
SO where was linderman
found him after midnight on a path along the back fence of the vacant lot.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1088 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Gary Linderman was time sensitive there was a clue in the trainyard
BEST PARTY SPOTS
days: right here
mornins n evenins: round about sunrise n main area hit up the stiffs for change
nights: too cold here alley by the alley ha is good bout midnight or so till the old lady shows private n warm from the laundry exaust
weekends: leave town too many durn kids runnin around makin ruckus

And you had to go here at night and talk to him
http://murderinwillowcove.com/vacant...blankets/talk/
Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1089 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,544
Default

Can someone please explain to me what they THOUGHT was so important about Lefty Kreh then??

Or was that just BS that someone came up with as a feint.
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1090 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
netbook password was WhatCouldHaveBeen...


I worked with m2cool2go...ask him. we were RIGHT there. trust me. minutes after he solved, we were writing up our response...just needed the one piece of evidence we missed.
those 3 Fkin "..." are what messed me up...Really? I tried every form of WCHB never though to include the ...
__________________
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1091 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2cool2go View Post
What was I missing?

A sticky substance
Lennie's letter to Jackie
Trudy Givens' unsent letters to Lennie
Guttman's Gutters financial records
Lennie's personal letters
Bruce's background check on Lennie
Marcie's rejected story
Cut-up women's clothes catalogs
Interview with Gary Linderman
the gas station records
__________________
Bucket, kinda up to date: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/poppudaimadochi/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #1092 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
Gary Linderman was time sensitive there was a clue in the trainyard
BEST PARTY SPOTS
days: right here
mornins n evenins: round about sunrise n main area hit up the stiffs for change
nights: too cold here alley by the alley ha is good bout midnight or so till the old lady shows private n warm from the laundry exaust
weekends: leave town too many durn kids runnin around makin ruckus

And you had to go here at night and talk to him
http://murderinwillowcove.com/vacant...blankets/talk/
Cool, but odd.
jmel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #1093 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy12oz View Post
those 3 Fkin "..." are what messed me up...Really? I tried every form of WCHB never though to include the ...
__________________
WANTED: 2014 Allen & Ginter RED autos of:
Laura Phelps Sweatt & Samantha Briggs
I have (2) 2012 CODEBREAKER 1/1 AUTOS FOR TRADE!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #1094 (permalink)
Member
 
wickedliquids's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 816
Default

Well, congrats to the winners - they did a great job!

I hope the Codemaster reads these boards - for ONCE, unlike the previous years, I actually had FUN with this one. I feel bad for those that don't have computers or consistent access with computers - they didn't get to quite participate - and not having internet could suck!

I was happy to see that no obscure people in history, baseball cards with 4 font, nautical references, or anything with astronomical significance was used (thank god). Overall, a really fun little contest.

My partner and I did a bang up job and from what we were reading on the boards, there were several players that were probably just as close to the winners; in fact, in one of my earlier posts, I recall mentioning the information on this thread was probably making some people have a heart attack! lol

All I have to say is "DAMN THE DETAILS..."

And next year....well, it's next year!
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #1095 (permalink)
Member
 
m2cool2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfmiss View Post
How did you get to the submission instructions? I had nearly everything else.
http://murderinwillowcove.com/rabbit...reyet/yahtzee/yougavethatrightawayyouwillnevergetitback&uwerewrongmidnightrighthere/

(type out the text in the note)
__________________
WANTED: 2010/11 NT Timeline last name patch Dejuan Blair Cleveland Browns
My stuff: http://picasaweb.google.com/111366123864978186361
m2cool2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #1096 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,397
Default

time to delete my twitter account...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #1097 (permalink)
Member
 
wickedliquids's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Can someone please explain to me what they THOUGHT was so important about Lefty Kreh then??

Or was that just BS that someone came up with as a feint.
Lefty Kreh's card number 346. Klingman's house - 3 floors, 4 bedrooms, 6 baths...

Ultimately, it was a red herring.

Ellipses are interesting. Two focal points, no matter where on a line in a circle, have a constant sum.

The cards with different pics? Red herrings.

Albert Pujols full size card (point A) and Mini with different pose (point B).
A+B = Albert Pujols; despite the card differences, the player was always the same.

Except for Kreh.

Someone at Topps made a clusterf***.
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #1098 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,883
Default

this was my first year doing and i had a blast my partner and I did so much research on ellipses...and julius caesar i feel like a damn expert. Also someone please explain the Kreh card, I have a printing plate of a championship fly fisherman's captain! WTF!??
GoA's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #1099 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
He did have the netbook password. I can confirm that. Now, how close was he to typing the ransom note into the url, not so sure.

He DID have the netbook though, and for 2 days...
He did indeed have the password....I traded it to him yesterday for a couple combinations. I thought that was the easiest out of all of them....weird how people think so differently.
KryKslr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #1100 (permalink)
Member
 
lauriontj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryKslr View Post
He did indeed have the password....I traded it to him yesterday for a couple combinations. I thought that was the easiest out of all of them....weird how people think so differently.
so your to blame then?


all right boys....dont go easy on him...
__________________
Looking 4 all 2008 SPx American Hero Griffeys #ed/725
I collect Ken Griffey Jr. Give me your Griffey!
lauriontj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/330727-ginter-code-2012-edition.html
Posted By For Type Date
First Point of Aries: The 2011 & 2012 Ginter Code Story This thread Refback 08-01-2013 11:41 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | Page 8 | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-31-2012 10:29 AM
Thread Ginter Code- 2012 edition | Blowout Cards Forums - Sports Cards, Trading Cards, Non Sports and B/S/T | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-29-2012 12:58 PM
The Card Beat: Sports Collectibles News for July 11, 2012 This thread Refback 07-11-2012 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.