Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #1126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoobydoo View Post
Congrats to the winners.

Thanks to Topps for a fun excuse to stay up late and think.

Thanks to everyone posting here. It was a great to know other people were having the same setbacks/breaks, and I think it gave us all a good idea of where we should be in the process.

My lone question (that I can think of now), is what was the password for the GIVENS residence laptop?

Givens Residence
LennieBennieBear - seriously, everyone wanted Lennie's seeds
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #1127 (permalink)

Kept finding hidden images on cards... On the discovery of a new world card, there was a image of a women and a man in the shadows of the guys holding the flag.. Luckily we didn't spend too much time looking at it... Also , I thought we hit it big on the where is George hit with Bruce... I wonder if the code master put that in or one of you?

For the record, I also thought you came off condensending Paul, lol. I even said at one point... Hope Paul doesn't win lol.

Last edited by darkman; 08-02-2012 at 08:48 AM.
darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #1128 (permalink)

Bennie was laying pipe all around town... I also tried WCHB and spelled it .. Heck I even did the 3 periods.. Never hit me to try them together...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #1129 (permalink)

Can I just say I had the greatest partner in all of this? Next year buddy we are taking this thing! Ok I'm, off to the national now...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #1130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljah View Post
Gary Linderman was time sensitive there was a clue in the trainyard
BEST PARTY SPOTS
days: right here
mornins n evenins: round about sunrise n main area hit up the stiffs for change
nights: too cold here alley by the alley ha is good bout midnight or so till the old lady shows private n warm from the laundry exaust
weekends: leave town too many durn kids runnin around makin ruckus

And you had to go here at night and talk to him
http://murderinwillowcove.com/vacant...blankets/talk/
I knew I was missing something there, but just discarded the letter since his writing was so stupid.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #1131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriontj View Post
Can I just say I had the greatest partner in all of this? Next year buddy we are taking this thing! Ok I'm, off to the national now...
Thanks Thad I think we had a great team and got farther then I ever thought we would... Now my wife gets her hubby back lol
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #1132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman View Post
Thanks Thad I think we had a great team and got farther then I ever thought we would... Now my wife gets her hubby back lol
LOL ...tell her she was just jealous of your mad cracking code skills!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #1133 (permalink)

So um ... we have a new tweet.

Alright, so the murder has been solved, and the code has been cracked. Then why does it make me paranoid that I still haven't seen #cracked yet?

I think I need therapy.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #1134 (permalink)

Ginter Code ‏@TheGinterCode
The murder is solved, but Willow Cove lives on. Check back in September to crack Joey Furts' con. #thegintercode
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #1135 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Yeah, they had to do something with all that backstory they created and didn't use. Probably several smaller puzzles all fall/winter to draw attention to the brand in the event that the main code only last three days.

Monday to Wednesday . . . three days.
jmel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #1136 (permalink)

It would be fun to see them create a second code each year and split up the prize, the summer code gets the autograph set, winter code gets their own card.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #1137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
It would be fun to see them create a second code each year and split up the prize, the summer code gets the autograph set, winter code gets their own card.
Agreed.

I know I'm severely bitter about all this (and a sore loser at that ), but I still can't believe the code was cracked in 3 days. And obviously it was intended that way. The really surprising (and frustrating) part was just how time-sensitive last night's tweet was. What if I lived in England? That's 2am. I might not have even seen the precursor tweet to be on at 10pm Eastern.

Just saying, it could have been handled a little better than that IMO. But that doesn't take anything away from Frank and Guillaume ... those guys were all over it. Big congrats to them.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #1138 (permalink)

So did they not open up the murderinwillowcove website extensions until monday when Max sent the tweet about another piece found?
gocubs1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs1908 View Post
So did they not open up the murderinwillowcove website extensions until monday when Max sent the tweet about another piece found?
Yep, you got "trespassing" if you tried before then

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #1140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Agreed.

I know I'm severely bitter about all this (and a sore loser at that ), but I still can't believe the code was cracked in 3 days. And obviously it was intended that way. The really surprising (and frustrating) part was just how time-sensitive last night's tweet was. What if I lived in England? That's 2am. I might not have even seen the precursor tweet to be on at 10pm Eastern.

Just saying, it could have been handled a little better than that IMO. But that doesn't take anything away from Frank and Guillaume ... those guys were all over it. Big congrats to them.
I agree, he should not have tweeted that hint last night, too soon.... Unless they know some had found the instruction link already and that was the Codemasters attempt to let everyone catchup

next year they should have a ton of puzzles with each one leading to a different codebreaker auto! that would be neat, but a lot of work th their part

and one more thing at 10PM I was waiting in the hiding area behind the bolwing alley. My initial thought was HERE, HERE as in behind the bowling alley. I though I would get a new message If I went there at 10.. and i also went in the bowling alley to see if anything changed

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic

Last edited by Tommy12oz; 08-02-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Tommy12oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #1141 (permalink)

Was the interview at the blankets not opened until the tweet last night either?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #1142 (permalink)

Quote:
Was the interview at the blankets not opened until the tweet last night either?
no, it was open since monday too, but you could only see it between midnight and 8AM

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #1143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
no, it was open since monday too, but you could only see it between midnight and 8AM
So then that was what the tweet was referring to, or were the submission instructions opened?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1144 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
I tried it last night and it wouldn't work. Makes me wonder if there were any issues with that.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #1145 (permalink)

Quote:
So then that was what the tweet was referring to, or were the submission instructions opened?
everything opened simultaneously on monday; last night's tweet was to point to the fact that you had to write down what the note said after the last bit of the path which was common to all scraps

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #1146 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
The 10PM tweet was referring to the fact that all the pieces/scraps of paper were in the same directory:

http://murderinwillowcove.com/rabbit...reyet/yahtzee/

Found around town, but all in the same place.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1147 (permalink)

why am I still reading this thread ???
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
So um ... we have a new tweet.

Alright, so the murder has been solved, and the code has been cracked. Then why does it make me paranoid that I still haven't seen #cracked yet?

I think I need therapy.

Ginter Code ‏@TheGinterCode

So until September comes, and I say this from the heart, thank you all so much for playing the biggest part. #thegintercode #cracked

Thank you, Codemaster, for reading this thread.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #1149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedliquids View Post
why am I still reading this thread ???

Because in September round two begins....haha.

To be honest, that giveaway hint was tweeted yesterday in order to put a quick end to the code. Why else would they make it so obvious??? They are going to prepare for this Joey Furts puzzle now.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #1150 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
Because in September round two begins....haha.

To be honest, that giveaway hint was tweeted yesterday in order to put a quick end to the code. Why else would they make it so obvious??? They are going to prepare for this Joey Furts puzzle now.
It's odd though, the codemaster himself stated that they tweaked the code last year so that it wouldn't end so fast and wouldn't favor those with means/money to get all the cards/scans . . . . but they had no issue with it ending really quick so long as everyone started at the same time?

What did you guys think of the "DOS game" set-up for this code? Scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Not At All Enjoyable and 10 was Very Enjoyable.

What did you think of the length of time and depth of the code? Scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Very Disappointed in the Length and 10 is Very Pleased with the length/depth.