Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dodgers blow it

That was just an utter lack of simply paying attention last night. What a crappy way to lose a game. I have a feeling the Dodgers are starting their downward spiral at this point. Sure was nice to have a winning first half though.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Correction: Jansen blew it. Pure and simple. He wasn't paying attention, made a lazy throw and didn't cover home like he should have. Ellis could have done better, but the blame is almost completely on Jansen. I'll take Guerra back as closer when he's healthy. Jansen should have stayed in the minors to learn how to be a pitcher instead of a thrower...
Old 07-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

That steal at home was some little league stuff, can't believe it worked.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

As a Padres fan, that was payback for that obnoxious 4 hr in a row game a few years back. Only sad part was that it made SF fans happy.
tc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
Correction: Jansen blew it. Pure and simple. He wasn't paying attention, made a lazy throw and didn't cover home like he should have. Ellis could have done better, but the blame is almost completely on Jansen. I'll take Guerra back as closer when he's healthy. Jansen should have stayed in the minors to learn how to be a pitcher instead of a thrower...
Guerra is not a closer and never should have been. He's Broxton part II. Jansen has great stuff, I agree he needs work with the basics but he can fill the spot much better. Last night was a mess but I bet Jansen learns from it.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc23 View Post
As a Padres fan, that was payback for that obnoxious 4 hr in a row game a few years back. Only sad part was that it made SF fans happy.
That game was awesome! I remember it like it was yesterday. Last nights end, however WA pathetic. Good to see Kemp and Ethier putting up numbers but now our pitching is struggling. Dodgers really need to add some players if they want to make a run at the division
Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
That game was awesome! I remember it like it was yesterday. Last nights end, however WA pathetic. Good to see Kemp and Ethier putting up numbers but now our pitching is struggling. Dodgers really need to add some players if they want to make a run at the division
Kershaw and Capuano are legit starters, and Evoldi has been decent (other than one start). Harang is inconsistent and Billingsley can't make it past 5 innings, but the starting pitching is still good enough to win the division. Middle relief could use improvement, and I'm not confident in Jansen or Guerra in the closing role down the stretch. The biggest need, however, is a corner player who can hit. The book has closed on Loney (he's terrible) and Hairston Jr is gritty but average at best. If they can make a move for Headley or Amaris Ramirez, it may be enough of an improvement to get them through September.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think Headley would be a decent pick up. Plus you wouldnt have to give up the farm for him. Loney needs to be traded, I doubt the dodgers would get much but hell even a mid tier relief pitcher would be worth it.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote