Blowout Cards Forums
Midweek Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakron View Post
Sounds like the buyer is trying to pull a quick one on you. I'd definitely get the police involved as you WILL lose the case through paypal automatically.
this is also true, paypal will yank the money for sure. seller will have to get his money back thru ups
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies guys I appreicate it- I'm a bit stressed out becuase I can't really afford to be messing around as I will be moving in a few weeks. I did a UPS support Chat and they told me to go to the Claims area of the site but I am not able to open a claim because the package was scanned as deliverd within the last 24 hrs. lol

So I guess I'm going to have to call customer support.
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picojim View Post
anything insured under $1000- does not require signature

you would have to add the service "signature required"
and it cost $5-additional
My stupidity or just being naive but I've never really shipped anything of value with UPS. The UPS Store guy didn't even ask me and I didn't see it advertised as an option on the front counter. I wrongly assumed it was included when purchasing insurance especially for that amount.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
My stupidity or just being naive but I've never really shipped anything of value with UPS. The UPS Store guy didn't even ask me and I didn't see it advertised as an option on the front counter. I wrongly assumed it was included when purchasing insurance especially for that amount.
if you shipped it at the ups store.. they are the ones to do the insurance claims...because they are the shippers

I work at a UPS Store
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
if you shipped it at the ups store.. they are the ones to do the insurance claims...because they are the shippers

I work at a UPS Store
What do you advise I do? I'm trying to enter a claim online- I am now able to as it just passed 24 hrs since delivery. I am not sure what my UPS Account number is (I don't think I have one). I need to enter it to proceed.

Should I just call general customer service since I didn't get anywhere with the online chat or should I go to the store directly?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
What do you advise I do? I'm trying to enter a claim online- I am now able to as it just passed 24 hrs since delivery. I am not sure what my UPS Account number is (I don't think I have one). I need to enter it to proceed.

Should I just call general customer service since I didn't get anywhere with the online chat or should I go to the store directly?
i wouldnt mess with the clowns on the phone - go to the store
Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Ironically I am dealing with this on the other end. (the guy does have perfect feedback so I shouldn't assume something fishy) I purchased a $10 Clint Dempsey card from ebay. It had delivery confirmation but I know I never received the card. The local post office said my only option was to contact the police so i figured it wasn't worth pursuing. The buyer did everything he was supposed to.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Ironically I am dealing with this on the other end. (the guy does have perfect feedback so I shouldn't assume something fishy) I purchased a $10 Clint Dempsey card from ebay. It had delivery confirmation but I know I never received the card. The local post office said my only option was to contact the police so i figured it wasn't worth pursuing. The buyer did everything he was supposed to.
you dont have to assume anything - keep it emotion free

still, demand a police report & try to get him on the phone. see how he reacts. if he's not pulling a fast one he should be more than willing to cooperate.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

And the lesson here is....don't use UPS Unless you're getting the 15-20 percent rate discount they're never cheaper, and from my experience things looks more beat up upon arrival. You might be surprised how cheaply you can ship a large heavy package, insured via USPS Parcel Post. Yes, it's 1-2 days slower than Priority, but cheaper/more reliable than UPS....ymmv
Nm0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
What do you advise I do?
you need to go to The UPS Store and file a claim..then

1) they will call UPS and they will put a trace on your package
2) this usually takes a week
3) after the trace is over and they figure the package is lost,
they will send the insurance check to the ups store (you would need to go there to pick this up)

so this whole process may take up to a month.. in my experience UPS will
issue you a check for the whole insurance
Old 09-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nm0369 View Post
And the lesson here is....don't use UPS Unless you're getting the 15-20 percent rate discount they're never cheaper, and from my experience things looks more beat up upon arrival. You might be surprised how cheaply you can ship a large heavy package, insured via USPS Parcel Post. Yes, it's 1-2 days slower than Priority, but cheaper/more reliable than UPS....ymmv
i use fedex ground for the heavier stuff.

i have never had an issue with fedex with sig required packages. they have always gotten the sig. ups on the other hand chronically dumps off packages with no sig even though specified...
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

I just shipped UPS because I thought it was cheaper for heavier packages. This is my first problem receiving or shipping a package (I receive alot of things/ship only a few).

I got nowhere after 20+ minutes on the phone after getting nowhere on the live chat as well, so I called the UPS Store and the guy got the ball rolling. Its kind of funny- he didn't display the greatest customer service when I went in there to ship some items, but he was very helpful with this claim. He seemed to take it personally for UPS reputation that the buyer is claiming the package did not arrive, lol.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
you need to go to The UPS Store and file a claim..then

1) they will call UPS and they will put a trace on your package
2) this usually takes a week
3) after the trace is over and they figure the package is lost,
they will send the insurance check to the ups store (you would need to go there to pick this up)

so this whole process may take up to a month.. in my experience UPS will
issue you a check for the whole insurance
Thanks- yeah I called the UPS Store.

I hope if doesn't take too long to get my money back though because I'm in a tight spot (my fault not managing expenditures wisely and now a sudden move).

I insured for $800 on the case which I sold for $785 so I could maybe break even on the case in the long run after taking a small initial loss Definitely NOT worth the stress though!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks- yeah I called the UPS Store.

I hope if doesn't take too long to get my money back though because I'm in a tight spot (my fault not managing expenditures wisely and now a sudden move).

I insured for $800 on the case which I sold for $785 so I could maybe break even on the case in the long run after taking a small initial loss Definitely NOT worth the stress though!
oh yeah..you will also need proof of the value

so be ready to print the Ebay auction page.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I have had the idiot postman never leave notices, when I wasn't home to sign, and he just sent my cards to the post office for me to pick up. I am assuming the post office checked to see if it was there for you, and hopefully you didnt just get a worker answering your question and not use common sense to check.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
I have had the idiot postman never leave notices, when I wasn't home to sign, and he just sent my cards to the post office for me to pick up. I am assuming the post office checked to see if it was there for you, and hopefully you didnt just get a worker answering your question and not use common sense to check.
Thanks for the tip- but I've actually received quite a lot over the last month from USPS including some packages that I had to go in to pick up, and they said it wasn't there at the post office. I kept all the packaging (for about a month) and went through to make sure I didn't misplace the package- I also went through all my cards and I didn't receive it. The post office said I could contact the police. I guess I could still contact ebay but I doubt much would come from that.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

I am a short drive from Urbandale if you want me to go check it out
Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
I am a short drive from Urbandale if you want me to go check it out
LOL- thanks that would be great- especially from a fellow Cubs fan

I'm going to message the guy- I'm sending someone over.... to investigate the situation.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #44 (permalink)

I'm assuming the OP is hoping the package was misdelivered to the wrong address and therefore UPS will cover the insurance on the package?

I'd hate to say it but I think it's a longshot. If the UPS delivery guy confirms he delivered to the right place you're s.o.l. I just don't see this situation ending in a good way.

I know you said the buyer had 100% feedback, but what buyer doesn't on ebay?? The only way to get less than 100 is to have negs from selling on ebay. Basically there is no way to be sure this guy is not just abusing the system and screwing you over. It sounds like he filed the claim the day after the package said delivered???? Sounds a bit fishy to me. Did he contact you before he filed the claim?
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #45 (permalink)

I filed the claim today after contacting the UPS Store. He contacted me today after tracking is saying it was delivered yesterday.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakron View Post
I'd hate to say it but I think it's a longshot. If the UPS delivery guy confirms he delivered to the right place you're s.o.l.
even if the UPS driver confirms he delivered it correctly, it can still be stolen
,since it was probably sitting outside for a long time.

Last edited by picojim; 09-05-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

I had 2 different packages from Blowout purchase and the UPS guy delivered it to next door and marked it delivered.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
I filed the claim today after contacting the UPS Store. He contacted me today after tracking is saying it was delivered yesterday.
Sounds like your clairvoyant told you something you already knew.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

I had a similar issue in receiving a case from Blowout. The driver, at his discretion, chose to leave it at my front door (in an apt. complex in the bad part of town). I contacted Blowout and UPS, had to sign a statement saying I did not receive the package, then Blowout shipped another requiring a signature. This one was signed for by a name I didn't recognize and I never received it. Did the same routine calling BO and UPS. Not sure how the UPS "investigation" was resolved, but I'm hoping Blowout didn't have to eat the cost.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #50 (permalink)

The guy gave me his phone number (in words?) as requested by UPS (which I forwarded to them). The guy at the UPS store said that the claim is open and the investigation has begun although in will take a week or more.

The buyer hasn't been threatening/angry yet and has been cooperative and responsive. Hopefully,this works out for all parties involved.