Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
zep

more often than not, UPS finds their mis-delivered packages. I hope that's all it is
zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Just got an e-mail- the buyer "found" the case. It was put in a "weird spot."

Just glad its resolved. Thanks everyone for your input.
neahcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
Just got an e-mail- the buyer "found" the case. It was put in a "weird spot."

Just glad its resolved. Thanks everyone for your input.
Hate to be judgmental, but ... that dude was lying. Really glad it worked out for you.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Hate to be judgmental, but ... that dude was lying. Really glad it worked out for you.
really??? Ive had ups and usps put stuff over my fence and under things on my porch before. How do u know how this guys porch is set up?
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
really??? Ive had ups and usps put stuff over my fence and under things on my porch before. How do u know how this guys porch is set up?
I don't ... but geez, if you're expecting an $800 package, and it shows up "delivered" but you don't have it, wouldn't you look EVERYWHERE before filing a claim? I know I would.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #56 (permalink)

Wow! I just read through 3 pages of posts to find out a happy ending to a bad situation. I feel all warm and tingly inside.....

Seriously, glad it worked out for you.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #57 (permalink)

I have found things in odd places delivered by ups...

Last edited by JohnnysBench; 09-07-2012 at 12:47 AM.
JohnnysBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Is this where he "found" it?
casebusters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #59 (permalink)

Its called a RES release they have 100 packages to deliver ... drop and go.

use FEDEX next time ... check the sig required box, driver cant leave it unless signed for.period...
$100box$20cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #60 (permalink)

HAHA UPS sucks.. That guy just launched that thing...I would have been pissed if that was my package in that video.

Col 1:16
Afton9444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #61 (permalink)

Congrats on the happy ending .
burgbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
zep

That's great news
zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
the guy immediately fired off a paypal claim with no questions or contact. GUILTY!
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #64 (permalink)

This is the best statement I have read on here in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
you dont have to assume anything - keep it emotion free
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #65 (permalink)

I live on dead end street and UPS routinely leaves my packages on neighbors door step. Since they have home business they get tons of packages almost daily. The most stressful time was when they delivered 2 cases of 2011 Bowman Sterling Football, 2 cases of 2011 Topps Five Star and 7 boxes of Leaf Rookie Retro. All told almost $7500 left with my neighbor. Needless to say I was having stroke after stroke until the next day neighbor brought everything over to me. UPS left $7500 in product with neighbor and then neighbor dropped the $7500 on my door step next day. This is just playing with fire...if UPS driver feels safe leaving then he will. Since my neighbor gets so many packages my lazy driver assumes everything goes to them. When I complained the solution was either all packages need to be picked up at hub or he would try and be more careful. I have caught him in process of dropping my stuff at neighbors and then he sees me and checks name...you really need to be careful. I follow the tracking and wait like a lonely puppy at window for rumble of brown truck. If I was crooked I could have said I never received it because it was delivered to wrong address and then neighbor just dumped on my porch. I could have easily got over on $7500 but I am 43 with 3 kids and stopped drinking and doing dumb #@#@#@#@ long ago. I guarantee not everyone would be so honest in this situation...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
I live on dead end street and UPS routinely leaves my packages on neighbors door step. Since they have home business they get tons of packages almost daily. The most stressful time was when they delivered 2 cases of 2011 Bowman Sterling Football, 2 cases of 2011 Topps Five Star and 7 boxes of Leaf Rookie Retro. All told almost $7500 left with my neighbor. Needless to say I was having stroke after stroke until the next day neighbor brought everything over to me. UPS left $7500 in product with neighbor and then neighbor dropped the $7500 on my door step next day. This is just playing with fire...if UPS driver feels safe leaving then he will. Since my neighbor gets so many packages my lazy driver assumes everything goes to them. When I complained the solution was either all packages need to be picked up at hub or he would try and be more careful. I have caught him in process of dropping my stuff at neighbors and then he sees me and checks name...you really need to be careful. I follow the tracking and wait like a lonely puppy at window for rumble of brown truck. If I was crooked I could have said I never received it because it was delivered to wrong address and then neighbor just dumped on my porch. I could have easily got over on $7500 but I am 43 with 3 kids and stopped drinking and doing dumb #@#@#@#@ long ago. I guarantee not everyone would be so honest in this situation...
Man that would piss me off. I now have a box at a UPS store so I don't have to deal with that. I live in an apartment complex and the drivers are supposed to leave packages at the office if were not home. I would come home and have a package sitting on my doorstep. Drove me nuts!
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #67 (permalink)

I signed up for that UPS Choice ($40 a year) but "worth it". I don't have to worry about not being home for packages etc, them being left out or me receiving them late or the next day. I have everything delivered to a UPS Store near my work and I can get the cases/boxes at 9 AM the morning they are to be delivered until late in the day or whenever I can schedule to be home, etc.

As for shipping- I will think twice about using UPS in the future- who knows in this case- I hate to assume the guy was being deceitful but you almost have to assume that given that he "found" the case right after the investigation started. Maybe not- just glad its resolved.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice- it was a very stressful situation.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #68 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by neahcrow View Post
I signed up for that UPS Choice ($40 a year) but "worth it". I don't have to worry about not being home for packages etc, them being left out or me receiving them late or the next day. I have everything delivered to a UPS Store near my work and I can get the cases/boxes at 9 AM the morning they are to be delivered until late in the day or whenever I can schedule to be home, etc.

As for shipping- I will think twice about using UPS in the future- who knows in this case- I hate to assume the guy was being deceitful but you almost have to assume that given that he "found" the case right after the investigation started. Maybe not- just glad its resolved.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice- it was a very stressful situation.
I am glad this worked out for you but seriously the only thing you need to do differently (and it's a BIG thing) is require adult signature on items over $250.00. It's that simple - no need to "never use UPS again." Just ALWAYS require a signature from USPS on items over $250 and an adult signature from UPS for items over $250.00.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I am glad this worked out for you but seriously the only thing you need to do differently (and it's a BIG thing) is require adult signature on items over $250.00. It's that simple - no need to "never use UPS again." Just ALWAYS require a signature from USPS on items over $250 and an adult signature from UPS for items over $250.00.
If you didn't read the whole way through I thought sig confirmation "was included/had been purchased". I will definitely doublecheck for now on!! I always purchase over $250 for USPS sometimes depending on the item when the value is less.

Thanks for the tip though- I know at first I didn't know how important it was to do so.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #70 (permalink)

My issue is this though- Why would have I been responsible if the case was "lost" even if I hadn't purchased sig confirmation? The case had delivery confirmation and was insured. Am I not protected at all? There was proof I dropped the case off and it was shipped.

Like I said before- I purchased a $10 card on ebay the other week that was delivered supposedly (DC no sig). I contacted the post office, etc and my only option is to contact the police. The seller has no liability due to having DC.

The only difference between the two cases is the value of the products.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

I almost want to ask what the guys ebay name is to block him......glad it worked out for you though man, that would leave me with a sick feeling!
knjenterprise09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

The guy sent me a message then that the case started out very poorly... I was like oh great now what. I replied saying I had opened two of the 5 cases (sold one to him two to another guy) and the one case was very poor- Matt Moore base auto and Middlebrooks atomic were best cards; other case was pretty good.

Just got another message saying it ended up 'not too bad'

Not too bad! I wish I would have opened this case instead of the others!!

He pulled a

Cespedes Blue and Black Auto
Darvish Blue Auto
Harper auto redemption!!

At least he should be happy and not cause problems. I guess the lesson is always open every box and case!

I had pre-ordered one case of Finest but ended up selling it (for a profit) when I didn't like the look of the product. The guy who bought the case was one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with on ebay and the case was putrid. Wish he could have got the good case instead.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #73 (permalink)

I work part time at UPS. I tell them whenever I have a package coming and to hold it for me in the morning and I can go in and pick it up whenever after 8am. It's so nice having that special hook up. I also know about every driver so even if I don't do that they know where I live and where to leave my packages.
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #74 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

lmao UPS will put Sh*t in the dumbest places. Had a package left and the usual sticky saying package left by "side" door. I look and look no luck. Like you said it hadn't been 24 hours yet so nothing you can do. But I know when our UPS guy comes thru same time every evening. So next evening I get my chair and I sit at the foot of my driveway with a cold one and waited. Flagged him down and tell him whats going on he goes yeah its over there under the carport by the side door. I'm like come on man. So he walks over opens up the lid to my grill and there it is. In the grill!! So you know I can't totally fault the buyer on this one it probably was somewhere weird.

Also if we are going to post video of stupid deliveries how can we not have the last christmas fed ex video of the tv/computer monitor going over the 10 foot fence? I'll go find it.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

FedEx Guy Throwing My Computer Monitor - YouTube
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote